Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Charlotte Top Sportsman winner Ryan Ondrejko

16K views 200 replies 35 participants last post by  zippy1980 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I call bullshit on the part where he says I was in and out of the gas eight or nine times especially since Marco smacked his ass on the tree so bad!!!!!

#37 ·
Jonesy1, CMAFR: Sounds like your jealous to me .....
I crew on Ryans Team, he's a class act guy so I'm sure he won't come on this forum and argue with you, but I bet he would be more than happy to show you his racepak graph at the next race..... At 205mph you SHOULD know that your not completely off the gas and back on, he has shown me what he does and its small quick blips of the throttle. Also keep in mind he was chasing, so he is starting to pedal before he caught Marco, which you are able to do when your good at judging the finish line! Granted he was late in the final but it was the .014, .001, .008 , and .021 that got him there. Didn't hurt he took the stripe by .007 confidently as well!!! And you can take that to the bank son!

Try talking less smack, more practicing and hope that one day you aren't on the receiving end of one of his 8 or 9 "whomps"... Personally I hope you are! :teabag
Not a bitter guy, just HATE when people talk smack about my kid.

Thanks for sticking up for my boy Dennis.
:smt023
Mark Monroe
M3Motorsports

#4 ·
I didnt say it was hard to beleive I said it was bullshit!! Marco had him by .024 on the tree and Ondrejko was dialed an .85 and ran an .869 If he was to have lifted eight or nine times like he said I honestly dont think he could have ran as close to his dial as he did unless he was set up to run an .82 or .83 JMO!!!!

#6 ·
In a Fast Top Sportsman car (which it looks like you have also) you can either lift entirely, or whack the throttle very quickly (100%-~50%-100%-~50%-100%) without upsetting chassis/tire. He was almost 2hun off the dial, and if he thought he was fast, he scrubbed 3-5hun. You know darn well taking ET off on the other end ain't easy in one of these cars.

#25 ·
Your right Kurtis - I must have forgotten what a true expert you are - or at least you try to be when dad lets you take the motor out to play -- and as far as see it the top sportsman "play ground " has a lot more quality and competition than the once or twice a year programs that you have decided to play in. But then again you wouldnt know that because you just dont seem to have the time to come out and compete -- in a class that your dad pushed so hard to get built -- -- And Im also willing to bet I have put more lapps on my car in the last two years than you have -- so I trying to figure out where the hell your getting all this experience -- cuz the X-BOX just dont count.

#27 ·
Your right Kurtis - I must have forgotten what a true expert you are - or at least you try to be when dad lets you take the motor out to play -- and as far as see it the top sportsman "play ground" has a lot more quality and competition than the once or twice a year programs that you have decided to play in. But then again you wouldnt know that because you just dont seem to have the time to come out and compete -- in a class that your dad pushed so hard to get built -- -- And Im also willing to bet I have put more lapps on my car in the last two years than you have -- so I trying to figure out where the hell your getting all this experience -- cuz the X-BOX just dont count.
Ya know Curt, never have I said Top Sportsman was easy. Calling headsup racers a lower grade of competition is pretty unfair, especially considering you've never been to one.

Nor did I say I was an expert. If you bothered to read, you would see I expressly proclaimed I was not. I figured my experience running first in Top Comp and then Top Sportsman the last 7 years was worth *something* for experience. Guess not in your eyes...

You're right. I don't get out to the track as much as I'd like the last couple years. I have a business to tend to (Them pesky priorities ya know...) Oh well. I guess 2 wins, a Runner Up, and a Semi Final Appearance was a bad year last year in the "once or twice a year programs" I was in in 09.

#28 ·
The two issues that are relivent here are - 1) You can build a car to run a class - OR you can keep changing a car untill you find a class you think you can be competitive in. In essance compete with the pack - or make your own pack where you can be the big dog.
2) A heads up race is fine for what it is - but we all know it is simply a money race - the most money with the fastest car wins, and trust me - -there will always be some one faster - sooner or later -
I stand by my comment on the level of competition - any one can look at the entry lists for the various programs we are talking about -- The better NHRA level competitors usually do far better when they enter one of these races than the other way around -

Bottom line is a lot of these "alternitive" programs are full of racers that just were not very competitive in a lot of the main stream class's -- so they jumped - If you dont believe this talk to your dad - he expressed the very same belief to me not very long ago.

#31 ·
Curt, Not going to disagree or argue with you about most any of your points (though you are starting to contradict yourself, saying NHRA racers are more successful, though I did well last season, although I have no experience :confused:)

Just an honest question, going off of what you're saying... what did you build the GTO for, it doesn't really go anywhere seamlessly.

I'm sure you don't think it would be easy to put your car on a smaller tire, and add a bunch of ballast to get it to 3000#s, and still make it run as hard as it has been. I'm just essentially saying don't belittle those that choose to not do what YOU are doing.

#29 ·
Way to go guys. You took a thread started to highlight an up and coming young driver and turned it into a personal bitch and moan session.

Congrats on your win Ryan. Hope to see you back out in a Pro Stock ride soon.

#33 ·
My statement was not ment to belittle those that do it as much as the REASON some do it -- I personaly think that all these newer "specialty" class's are very divisive - and it seems like every time you turn around some one is starting a new class with a bunch of self serving rules and regulations - and at that point a bunch of racers -- mostly those that dont do well - jump ship to the latest and greatest thing and further erode the long established class's, and end up with another small "run by our rules class"

As far as my car goes - It was always built with T/S in mind, with an eye that it could run comp if I changed the CID some -- I choose my combo because I like to "run something a little different" and I think inovation is part of drag racing -- and enjoy the challenge.
As far as adding weight and putting a small tire on the car - all I can say is - WHY -- we build them to go fast and then want to limit them with tire and weight - -I dont get it - The same people that bitch and moan about t/stop racing should be complaining about the limitation imposed by some of theses rules also.
And if you read my message you will see I said the NHRA guys usually faired better - and as I stated - a heads up race is about money and its ability to make power - so why would anyone - except those with the biggest guns even bother to show up ???

#38 ·
Mark: I commend you for defending your driver.. I have seen Ryan race throughout the years and he is a very talented driver and no-one can take that away from him.. Unfortunately, there are always jealous competitors that have to trash talk. If they would focus more effort on their performance on the track instead of trash talking maybe one day they could be just as talented as your driver.. Great job to your entire team and hope you have many more. Is there any chance we will see him back in a Pro- Stock this year? Were you just at the National Event with him that he won some of us were wonder who that girl was with him with the Dark Hair? - She was "Hot".

#44 ·
All I'm gonna say is when bro 3M gets pissed off
Look the F*#K out!

Just for shitz & giggles I wrote the article on this kid 5 years ago in ECDN when he & his Dad rebuilt the S/ST Corvette. Very 1st pass out of the box @ the Atco Open, Ry O runs 10.904!
He's the real-deal!
Jumps in the ex AC Delco car & guess what HE wins
Hop's in 3M's digger (sans the canards M3 likes em) & guess what
He WINS
In 2009 while pursuing his dream & piloting Jim Yates's Wiley-X Pro-Stocker, Ry O goes 30 & 1 at his home track to win the Top Sportsman Series that His father Sponsors, AND the ONLY loss he had was at the very last race of the season even after he locked up the championship, (lost to the Div-1 T/S champ)

Dennis, "Fridge" Foley & 3M are all spot-on!

As 3M would say "Show me some Kake" Letz race!

Good Luck @ Atco this weekend Kid!
Someone's HAS to wake-up & give you that $hot back to Pro-Stock

Sg

#45 ·
So why don't he get on here and respond? We have seen him over the years before we moved to Cali - we use to live in NJ and race all over the North. He is good, but he should get on and respond- Just my thought instead of others responding for him..He is the one motoring the car and knows what he does..M3 couldn't answer all the questions and tech people are bitching and asking about :confused: M3 says Ryan monitors the site would it not be just as easy to respond - that might earn respect.. Just a thought dude...:cool:

#47 ·
Whoa! Seems im not "monitoring" this site enough........ LOL

I cant believe I was quoted as saying I pedaled the car "8 or 9 times", thats NONSENSE!

It was atleast 11-12 :p:p:p

M3, SG, TopDrag, CrewChiefPro and Dennis G and anyone else thanks for the nice comments, it was a pretty special race to win!

What would you guys like to know?

Thanks,
Ryan Ondrejko

#48 ·
Do you not feel the same that NHRA guys usually fair better? If the 8 or 9 times quote is wrong then where did it come from? Dad and I seen you race when we raced up north and I said you were a talented kid and I am sure you have the best of the best equipment as I am familiar with CrewChiefPro and their high end data. I was in Charlotte with some buddies helping out on comp team and did see a few of your passes. What happened with the Pro-Stock? Are you going to be doing any Pro this year? My buddies and I were wondering if the hot looking girl with the dark hair is your sister? Not sure if you are going to be in GA for the May race? If you are I will hit ya up..Again.. Congrats on the win!

#52 ·
jonesy1
After all the of years of racing we have done you need to go and sit at the finish line for a couple of complete races in super gas and super comp and top sportsman and just listen to the cars and they are whacking the gas many times. You might have raced quick 8 for to long where you know its first to the finish.I can see whacking the peddle that many times as your catching the car in front of you,everyone dials fast these days and if you didn't race that fast heads up stuff you would remember what you grew up doing. Your a good friend of mine but I agree with Ryan O

#53 ·
Lets start this over -- Good Job Ryan -- congrats -- and Mark - I dont think anyone is talking "smack" about your kid -- As stated above a lot of super gass and super comp racers do a lot of " whoomping -- with that being said 8 or 9 whomps is a lot - I think that was the only question - I do a lot of s/gas racing - and now more t/s racing for most of us mortals - 4 or 5 whomps is a lot - given the time frame yo have to do it - I think that was the only "question" that was raised because it is out of the norm for most of us -- unless of course your set up so fast your pedaling at 800 feet. Just for reference it takes about one second to cover the 1000 foot to the stripe distance and for 8 or 9 whomps to take place -- well you blessed your son with a rabbit foot -- good luck - and congrats again --

#54 ·
Lets start this over -- Good Job Ryan -- congrats -- and Mark - I dont think anyone is talking "smack" about your kid -- As stated above a lot of super gass and super comp racers do a lot of " whoomping -- with that being said 8 or 9 whomps is a lot - I think that was the only question - I do a lot of s/gas racing - and now more t/s racing for most of us mortals - 4 or 5 whomps is a lot - given the time frame yo have to do it - I think that was the only "question" that was raised because it is out of the norm for most of us -- unless of course your set up so fast your pedaling at 800 feet. Just for reference it takes about one second to cover the 1000 foot to the stripe distance and for 8 or 9 whomps to take place -- well you blessed your son with a rabbit foot -- good luck - and congrats again --
Amen !!!! I agree....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.