Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Aeroquip socketless push-lock hose pros/cons

19K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  White Knight Racing 
#1 ·
I want to use the aeromotive socketless AQP hose for my fuel and for my transmission cooler lines. The kind that pushes on to the barbed fittings and is good to 250 psi. It runs about $4 a foot. Any reason not to do this?

It seams pretty durable on the outside, but I would probably run some heat shield sleeves in the engine bay area.

Any reason it wont work with a "twist tite" style hose end like so:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-220707-B/
Fragola calls it push-lite, I think.

#4 ·
Just get a good name brand hose. I used the Summit hose once, and it stretched big time. I ran it along the framerail and it was nice and tight. once fuel hit the line (pump 93) it stretched a good 8-10" over the length of the car. I learned my lesson...

#7 ·
So they get stiff after the fact. I both like and dislike that. Stiff will make it rigid and I will use tie downs where ever possible. but stiff might also lead to cracking and seeping of fuel. I would like to use the teflon lined hose, but it is very stiff and I don't think I'd be any good at getting fitting to shove on to the stiff teflon.

It works fine for the fuel system.

DO NOT USE on tranny cooler lines...................

I think the approved Part # is FC-336

That part number FC-336 turned up some serious duty stuff:
http://www.parttarget.com/4720-01-2...20.html/-1625ABAC-A3FB-4F18-9387-DA9B828D55D1

Maximum Operating Pressure3000.0 pounds per square inch single response

But that's just the hose. It's the barbed fitting that limit it to 250psi, I'd think.

I hear ya on the transmission lines. No telling what pressure those get to. Hate to blow one on the track!

#11 ·
I used blue parker push lok on my powerglides lines and in/out 2 coolers. Never had a problem with 5000 hard street miles. Getting the hose off of the fitting was impossible. Needs to be cut off with a razor. I liked it!

True Street back/back/back nitrous passes too... I bet it was hot. :eek:

#16 ·
#17 ·
^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^ I had Joel make me up a set and they are nice. My other lines were braided Aeroquip lines (not teflon lined) and they were starting to come apart from the inside out.

#20 ·
400 degrees is what it is rated at. However, when you look at pressure ratings, temp ratings, bend radius, etc, they are all based on a max of everything else. For example, If you were running your teflon line at 3000psi, at full bend radius, it would be rated at 400 degrees. If you were running at 400 degrees at full bend, you would be rated at 3000psi working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.