Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Any pics of AA performance 4th stuff installed?

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Racecraft Inc. Rep 
#1 ·
looking for pics of Double A"s 4th gen k member installed ..preferably with a BBC ..show me what you got !

#4 ·
We have only installed one of the Double AA Outlaw 4th Gen front ends, but the car has an LSX in it not a BBC. And right now, it's only 1/2 an LSX (block only) to mock up things... customer is still waiting on his engine to be finished. I can say it fit perfectly, is super light, and looks badass.

#12 ·
How's the steering (bump steer) on that thing with the tie rods pulled back at such a angle. I have a Double AA for a 3rd gen with a SB the cross bar that the rack mounted to was not low enough for a stock oil pan to clear. I called and talked to them they sent me a pic of the K member moved forward like the one above. I didn't like the way it looked or the space it took up. I was also afraid it would mess with the steering. My chassis man didn't like it either so he modified it. Other than that I'm very pleased with it. Just wondering if anyone has had problems with it the way its set up in the pic above

#13 · (Edited)
that rack angle looked scary to me as well...

id be curious to how much weight that total package has....

i currently have burkhart k-member and spindles with factory uppers..... i wonder what the weight difference would be.

also what brakes are accepted on that kit?

my under car structure/cage ties into my k-member as well with the 4-leaf clover flanges...

#14 · (Edited)
I believe it uses the TRZ spindles with first gen camaro brakes ...everything pictured is 65lbs according to TRZ's page...and the rack pulled forward is very similar to what Race craft and a bunch of the mustang"outlaw" k members are looking like these days ...I like the way Attillio has re-engineered the lower control arms into a conventional configuration instead of the goofy factory config of the hiems being 90 degrees to each other..I plan on buying in the early spring .

#17 · (Edited)
If you're open to other options we have a k-member that utilizes a Stiletto rack with spindles that have reconfigured steering arms to help out with the tie rod angles and bumpsteer. If your headers will clear a stock frame rail in the back our k-member will not interfere. You can actually cut the frame rails for more clearance if needed. Here is a quick reference picture I took with my phone on a car we're building here at the shop. As you can see the rear mount is inboard the frame rail and the tube is even further out. If you want more details give us a call at 507-243-4104 and ask for Kory. Hope to hear from you soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.