Yellow Bullet Forums banner

2013 NHRA Stock Eliminator Champ??

4K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  ordinary builder 
#1 ·
anybody hear how it all "shook-out" in Vegas.........normally tame classracer.com is really blowing up -- thoughts??

#9 ·
I was there for the Salt Lake deal. It was intentional on both their parts. My understanding from those within is it was payback for something Justin did for Doug a few years ago. *that is what was circulating in the RMR pits. I did not hear this directly from either competitior*

#11 ·
I know the Romeros, good people. They didn't lay down. To claim someone did with little more than your suspicions is ignorant at best.

I have gone to the line and made staging mistakes, I have also gone to the line without doing a burnout because of a wounded race car; in the hope that my opponent would red light.

The real champion is the real champion. Get over it.

#15 ·
First off, no one has provided an explanation of what happened in Salt Lake, but if Lambeck's car was hurt why would he even report to the lanes, then drive it down the track? I can see him reporting to the lanes if he's going to hope for a red-light against him so he get's the win, but to show up and then roll on through and down the track...it's just odd. Especially after neither did a burn out. If there's nothing to it, then great, but I can see why some people are questioning it.

From Drag Race Central:
Well, that was very weird! Neither car made a burnout and just pulled directly up to the starting line and staged. As soon as they staged, Lambeck drove slowly away. Lamb took the green and drove down the track right behind Lambeck. You decide what this was all about!!

#16 ·
First off, no one has provided an explanation of what happened in Salt Lake, but if Lambeck's car was hurt why would he even report to the lanes, then drive it down the track? I can see him reporting to the lanes if he's going to hope for a red-light against him so he get's the win, but to show up and then roll on through and down the track...it's just odd. Especially after neither did a burn out. If there's nothing to it, then great, but I can see why some people are questioning it.
i agree, if im in a final i will go to the lanes and stage hurt, shit happens. but to do all that and not stage and hope for a red light? shady :shrug:

IF i was laying over for a friend i wouldn't report to the lanes, just claim i was broke and it wouldve popped,

#17 ·
Don't get me wrong, if my best friend is in the hunt for a world championship and I have zero chance at winning, I will play the ladder and try and block for him or take a dive. Easy as that.

Therefor I really can't say anything regarding this because I would be a hypocrite.

#20 ·
it matters because if you don't keep stuff like this on the "DL" the NHRA and the naive racers and fans pitch a fit.

having only read this thread about what went down, its comes across as shady. almost to shady to have been planned by racers, one being in the title hunt.

#23 ·
I've seen it happen and I've done it before to hel friends out. I've never been paid to do it and I've always told my close friends/family that if you need the points to win a championship, and I have no chance at winning, then I will take the dive and do what I have to do to make it happen.

I think a lot of people get jealous that it happens. It's different between taking a I've for a friend who needs points and getting paid by joe blow to take a dive. If I don't know you And I'm asked/paid to take a dive, I'm probably going to laugh at your face.

I've personally never met Justin, or any other NHRA guys because we only race IHRA, but if that kid was in te championship hunt more than Likely he earned his spot near the top. No one will ever know what happened at Vegas or Salt Lake. If someone got paid to take a dive, hey so be it. It's not illegal. May be a shitty way to win but in this sport you do what you need to do to get the job done.

#25 ·
the pundits as well as naysayers all get to make the same decision
.....IF THEY EVER GET TO THIS LEVEL of accomplishment

when you are not up to that level...
it is easy to say these things that you are saying.

maybe you are just jealious.......

it is just like a poker game too........ so dont think that it is all a setup...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.