Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Quaker City OLS Payouts

31K views 228 replies 42 participants last post by  62chevynova 
#1 ·
Having been given a nice Contribution to the OLS class from a "Generous Donor" , Norm an AJ FOX has announced that the payouts in OLS have INCREASED ! Now if the rain will stop we might have a good race.

"quote from AJ on Quaker's site"

Update on the outlaw limited street payout.

Winner-$800, R/U-$400, Semis-$175.

Thank you for the donation! We hope it helps draw a good car count!

#3 ·
every track around has cancelled because of water, its not a big deal. I'd rather not wreck anyways. this race will either be rescheduled or the money added to the next purse, we'll have to wait an see what they choose to do. Were you going to race OLS too ?

#7 · (Edited)
There you go passing information about payouts you know nothing about, Payouts have changed, read my first post. "Guaranteed Payout" means no less ! Payouts in OLS increased because of a "Generous Contribution" from someone who obviously enjoys that class. The money from todays race can be rolled over or the race can be rescheduled, whatever the Foxes choose. Its their race, they don't have to follow what other tracks do or take advise from a guy on the internet that races another class at a different track because its done that way there.

#10 ·
I've only met the Fox's 2 times an neither were anywhere near an office.
Your last piece of advice : (Maybe you should back off and just let them run their program as they want then you can praise them or bitch which ever way you feel you have been treated.[/QUOTE]) This should be exercised by you an your friends that seem to frequent the Quaker threads also. At least I'm trying to help an promote a race an have fun with some decent people, what have you done other than turn every thread upside down an to criticize. Have you helped at a race, contributed, or had a good word to say about anything the supporters or sponsors have done for racing in your area for YOU !

#12 ·
I have been around the track way longer than you and I have criticized and complimented them and tried on many times to give them useful advicen none which was aimed in favor of my or my class just in favor of the program as a whole. You never made much of an appearance until the OLS was mentioned and now alll the sudden think the world of the place. Come race the place every weekend then give me your opinion for a whole season.I have seen the good and the bad. Things have been getting better but it seems that they trip and stumble over the same things every years and I hope this year they pick up where they left off last year but obviously the weather is preventing that from happening. I speak from experience not from what he said she said.

#16 · (Edited)
I race OLS whenever I can, anywhere I can, Its the most fun you can have with your clothes on !!!! I'm not an every weekend bracket racer but I've been a spectator an part time racer at Quaker sense late 1970's. I haven't gone much at all, only to a few rentals an Friday nights after Swindel bought it. I do go to quite a few tracks currently though, an know a decent facility an nice people when I meet them. Not a he said or she said point of view from me. I live 1 hour from Quaker an most tracks with OLS are 3-5 hour drives, so sure, I'm kinda excited about having a race so close. Every track around has its share of difficulty's , no need to dwell on just the bad things they each do or the problems they have.

Now did anyone else notice the increased payouts in OLS , the Runner Up an Semi's are pretty good money too . The extra money was from a very generous person an a Fan of OLS ,an had nothing to do with the race being cancelled, it was announced by AJ before the race.

#14 ·
I haven't been there that long but about half way through the Swindell days it started going down hill. I like what the Foxes are doing with the track just wanting to see a consistent and effecient program and thought adding more shows when they haven't been able to do the above mentioned is only going to make it harder. Incase you didn't know they had a lot of issues with the Q-16 last year and racers stayed away from that race because of it.
These people come on here saying how great the place is and everything else when they haven't been there enough to know.
The number one thing to bring racers to the track is a smooth and consistent program, people will go to the worse racing surface around if the program is smooth and consistent.

#68 ·
I've defended qcr as much as anyone on this board... I also spent the winter rebuilding my car... And the reason why I didn't run it yesterday, was because I thought it was a nostalgic race. They never advertised no box, or gamblers, or anything. Inanother life, I crewed on one of the cars that was in the show, and I've been witness to dozens of nostalgia events
So... I went to watch because I was at a couple of the marrion races, and it was an awesome show.

But, unfortunately, as a spectator I can only describe yesterday as dissapointing.

I was frustrated all day by the way things were not happening. They started late, didn't follow any sort of schedule, and everything just ran like a clusterfuck.. I was actually ready to pack up and come home. If I hadn't been drinking, I would have. The weather was perfect, breakage was few and far between, given the type of cars they had. The finals took 45 minutes... For 4 pairs of bracket/umtr cars.

Call it bashing if you want, but its the truth. I want qcr to thrive, but from what I witnessed yesterday, they don't know what they are doing. They seem to have a "if you don't like it, go elsewhere" attitude, that has to go. As a racer ill always come back. As a spectator, which this was a show car event ment to make money from spectators, I don't think I would, and I love watching nostalgic racing. There were a number of people there expressing the same feelings.

#70 ·
I've defended qcr as much as anyone on this board... I also spent the winter rebuilding my car... And the reason why I didn't run it yesterday, was because I thought it was a nostalgic race. They never advertised no box, or gamblers, or anything. Inanother life, I crewed on one of the cars that was in the show, and I've been witness to dozens of nostalgia events
So... I went to watch because I was at a couple of the marrion races, and it was an awesome show.

But, unfortunately, as a spectator I can only describe yesterday as dissapointing.

I was frustrated all day by the way things were not happening. They started late, didn't follow any sort of schedule, and everything just ran like a clusterfuck.. I was actually ready to pack up and come home. If I hadn't been drinking, I would have. The weather was perfect, breakage was few and far between, given the type of cars they had. The finals took 45 minutes... For 4 pairs of bracket/umtr cars.

Call it bashing if you want, but its the truth. I want qcr to thrive, but from what I witnessed yesterday, they don't know what they are doing. They seem to have a "if you don't like it, go elsewhere" attitude, that has to go. As a racer ill always come back. As a spectator, which this was a show car event ment to make money from spectators, I don't think I would, and I love watching nostalgic racing. There were a number of people there expressing the same feelings.

Well said

#69 ·
I just think a lot of people see how Kurt runs Norwalk and how smooth it goes .
A.j and gang need to step up and run the place better and faster or things are not gonna be good for them soon.

Like I said in previous statements a.j needs to call Kurt or Jim Curtis and go hang out with them for a week and learn from 2 guys that know how to run things

I guarantee you neither track wants to see quaker close

#71 ·
I have been frustrated myself. Maybe we should be part of the solution and help them out a little. We could all set up a meeting with Aj and give him some suggestions or even lend a hand. Im sure you have noticed but the there are not many young people getting in to racing anymore and its nice that Aj is stepping up to try and run things

#72 ·
You can't help him until he asks for it. But I'd support however I can.

For the record, it takes A LOT to disapoint me at the track.

And BTW, I'm 31.

#74 ·
As much as everyone in here claims to not wanna see Quaker close or wants to see them succeed coming on an Internet forum specially one as big as the bullet and bitching about it is not helping matters at all! Why not try their forum if this is your way of communication, or go to the source with your complaints, don't give negative feedback on the Internet where obviously AJ or any direct affiliates do not go and expect to see changes. This stuff does nothing more than turn ppl away. Step up and offer a hand as stated unfortunately most of you won't. I'm sure positive input would be appreciated by the qc staff and if enough ppl go to the right place with the same complaint they will obviously see where they need to improve there program, once again that's not here. JMO

#75 ·
TRP asphalt wars and bracket racing done at 10:30

SMP packed had 100-200 more cars than QC done with 4th round at 10:30

QC finished 2nd round at 10:30

I dont have 3 days to run a 1 day race not sure what the problem is but i wont go there till there watch spins as fast as everyone else's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.