Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Roger Burgess crying about rules????

19K views 112 replies 50 participants last post by  ProMod_Bandit 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Well, he is kinda right. They did slam more weight and spec turbo's as soon as he pulled out of top fuel. and tv marketing money...

so the progress they made last year is now trash and they need to start over and find more power.

Problem is that turbo guys get hammered all the time with extra weight and smaller turbo's

But like with anything there are ways of getting around that...

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)

Who in the hell cares what some POS that hires proven criminals & thief's complains about???
The guy bailed out a xxxxx loser, after he stole 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars from hard working racers!!

#13 ·
That's all I meant, the guy is a POS.
The opinion of anyone of that character means nothing, and should not even be covered!!
Enabling slash bailing out someone like geese is despicable!!
The guy should be scrubbing toilets in SIng Sing, not traveling around the same circuit with hardworking racers.

#15 · (Edited)
who is tuning their cars now that Petty is with Jegs?

"Brad Brand - Just to clear up any problems here. I will be tuning the R2B2 cars this year. We've been to our 1st test session and I started with tune ups from last year(Petty's) and am making changes from there hopefully for the better but you've got to try things to be better. Petty and I are very good friends and have been for 15 years! He has made these cars what they are today maybe I can take them to the next level! We will see this year. Either I will be a hero or zero! Either way should be some good racing this year in NHRA.

BBB "

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433635&page=6 Post 81

#18 ·
I don't know why people are downing Burgess for his view. Many of you are the same. He spends alot of money to be the fastest. When that happens there are rules changes to keep it level now. You must have that or the class will dry up just like they all do now. It's just amazing to me that you big money spenders are whineing about not being able to spend your way to domination. You are killing every good class. When ever the little guy complains about you, you say shut up and work harder. LOL. Well what now?

#34 ·
You are so right, this guy saved the Pro-Mod class and thats all the thanks he gets! He has stepped this class way up no matter what wrong he has done, and i see he has done nothing wrong. No matter how much you hate Jim dont hate Roger. What you have to realize is this is a business, they are not here to make friends, they are going to hire the best man for the job,and that person will put a W on the board and if he doesent, then on to the next person.

#19 ·
Burgess may be right but like someone else said he is probably not the right guy to be putting it out there.

We have been watching Pro Mod since it's inception, my son has crewed on several different cars.....here is what has worried me from the time NHRA got involved....once they saw the popularity of this form of racing and saw an opportunity to put PAYING FANS in the bleachers they jumped on the band wagon.

I truly worry that they are going to phuck this up like they did the imports. The only thing keeping any of the sportsman classes alive in the NHRA is the pure dedication of the sportsman racer because they sure as hell do nothing for the PAYING class racers....

#23 ·
That's what I got out of it. It seems unreasonable to chart every bump and inconsistency in the track. You either can drive these cars or you can't. I stood behind allot of cars and can plainly see some people have the feel some don't. Not throwing stones because I probably couldn't drive something that fast with 4 wheels either :D

#22 ·
Him talking about the rules is one thing but his views on how NHRA should be giving a detailed "track report" to all teams showing all the bumps and track surface problems is insane....He for sure still thinks none of his crashes are his fault and it's all the tracks fault...

He also alludes to the fact that NHRA has "legal" issues for the tracks that are not perfect.....There is not a single track out there that is "perfect",they all have a few bumps or whatever.He needs to get out of the sport... No wonder Melanie left that team...

#29 ·
blowers cant keep up !!!!

at 14.5 percent, their damn near normaly asperated. the nos cars have been given everything under the sun, I say let the turbo guys have all they want, and the same for the blower guys. THEN we"ll see who can"t keep up !!!!

anyone without a blower will be crying like a little bitch.. why do you think they are at 14.5 % ??? BECAUSE it IS the dominant power adder..

#32 ·
I really don't like how he is bringing up legal stuff..... He might crash again and then sue NHRA and the track and you know who will pay for that in higher membership fees and even more safety rules??? Yes,it will be us racers,not him.....

You CHOOSE to race and if the track is unsafe in YOUR opinion go home.Bottom line.

#39 ·

I don't care what anyone says, actions speak louder then words.
I judge a man's character by the company he keeps, and if you hang with a POS thief, you are just as bad!!
Business is business my ass, that's about the sorriest excuse I ever heard for having a proven scumbag conman by your side!!!
I'm sick of people forgiving & enabling these thief's so easily & quickly!!
It's not surprising what kind of people stand up for these kind of crooks.

Again, the POS should be making road mix, not making top dollar rubbing it into all our faces what he did,
and how he didn't have to pay the piper for his crimes??

#43 ·
First....I must say it is dis-appointing to see that some of you that post here have chosen to disregard the Pro Modified forum rules against using hard profanity and personal insults. Once again I would like to remind everybody this is NOT the place for that...if you feel you must attack and use profanity then please do it someplace else. The purpose of this forum is the betterment of Pro Door car racing, the exchange & sharing of information and experiences in an effort to help one another and also this forum shall serve as an informational clearing house on everything from rules (all different assocations ), dates of races, results (both testing and race) and all things drag racing.

Second...Roger Burgess gave an interview, he said what was on his mind and did not suger-coat his words. Right or wrong RB has a right to his opinion and should not be insulted just because his views & opinions are not in line with yours/ours.

....I now would like to share my comments on the RB comp interview....

a) as for RB not being happy with new rules...to this I say Hats off to RB and his team. RB assembled a team last year that Won I believe 4 races and qualified #1 at many more races in the very 1st year as a turbo team. There are many other teams out there that could have hired the same team personal and acquired the same parts as RB but chose to go other routes. RB had the vision and the nuts to take a chance on a new technology and it worked out great for him and his team. To RB I say you should not only be happy but proud and the fact that your team has been rewarded with "Lead trophies" is another sign that you and your team was successful !

b) RB states in his interview that he is "disappointed" in the direction the class has taken... ?? I myself wish RB would have expanded on this and explained in further detail "Why??" he feels this way ?? Is it because NHRA Pro Mod is not yet a "Pro Class" ? I see the NHRA GSA Pro Mod class being awesome ! The cars are very close. If I could make a change I would love to give the blower teams back the 2010 Blower overdrive percentages (20+ %).

c) As for RB wanting to have data on all the diff tracks...that is fine and if he feels that can help him and his team well then so be it. Lots of teams in all classes keep notes on tracks...I was hanging out with one of the all time great alky funny car drivers last night and he has specfic motors for specific tracks....the tracks with more bumps get a "beefed up" shortblock to better absorb the shock and rear wheels freewheeling after a bump or dip.....as for Roger calling on the NHRA to make track surface info available to all racers that is a great thing provided the NHRA has such info. If 90% of us said the NHRA should give up that info it would fall on def ears....Roger makes the statement that pulls a little more weight and I'm thankful to him for at least asking touching on the subject and getting the issue out in front.

d) RB then goes on to discuss his test session. RB states that he "has a ways to go" which I understand to mean he has improvements to make in the driving dept. I again tip my hat to RB...how many of us as drivers admit we need to make improvements ? To some who say RB has a giant "Ego" I ask you this...does somebody with a big Ego publically say they need to improve their driving ??? I see a humble man who wants to win as bad as anybody else !

e) Roger closes the interview by saying he and his team will have to work on being more "Consistant"...to this I say bravo as team R2B2 has the hardware and the staff to get the job done.

f) Roger Burgess the man, the person. Many of you have attacked RB for the number of on track incidents and for some of his employee decisons...to this I ask those who chose to insult and attack...if you had over 150+ employee's would you screen each and every hire beyond criminal background checks ? Have you ? To those who attack RB driving skills I ask this of you...if you got into the baddest pro mods in the world with the same experience RB has/had do you believe you NOT have had incidents ? I believe of all the GSA drivers over the last 5 years RB probably has the least amount of experience ....then you have guys who in their lifetime have not made more than 50 full 1/4 mile passes in cars that were not as fast as the cars RB operates so please when comparing driving skills lets all compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.
As a fan of the NHRA GSA Program I once again would like to thank Roger Burgess and all the wonderful people at Get Screen America / ProCareRX for their support of heads up Pro Mod racing.

As a racer who is partial to the Turbo Charged power adder I again thank everybody at R2B2 racing for taking Turbo Technology to higher levels which has not only benefited R2B2 but many others (including NY Motorsports) now and in the future.

In closing I conclude that Roger Burgess is a good man, Roger Burgess has been Great for drag racing I wish him, our dear brother Brad Brand and the entire R2B2 best of luck in winning
the 2012 Pro Mod World Championship !

#45 · (Edited)
While I would agree wholeheartedly with Roger being disspointed in the changes that have taken place in the class, particularly looking at the proximity to the pullout as a funding father of the class, you gotta wonder was the change retaliation for his lack of funding or was it rather no longer allowing a non-level playing field for the turbo cars that would have been allowed due to the funding? I think the latter is just as likely as the former. However one part of this scenario has played out over and over in the past decade. That is a team spends a fortune to play catchup and in the process winds up in the lead only to have a rule change put them in the back row where they started. To me it seems these rule changes are often premature as this surely serves to keep those who would endevour to invest to improve a loosing combo to take the safe road and go with a stable class where minor changes to a combo and resultant cost savings are guaranteed.

As far as the driving skills anyone spending a 2,3,4 hundred feet in a slow move out of the groove with the throttle open has to expect for a violent correction to take place. Some seem better equipped to deal with this than others but if you have a track record of loosing cars its probably a good thing to lift at some point.

As far as hiring someone with a well known record of questionable business dealings well I would hate to think I would ever do something like that of course I am not a successful businessman so perhaps I am naive on what is required/acceptable to ones self these days.

Am I condemning Roger, no he has done a bunch for racing and for this I thank him, like all of us he has surely made some bad decisions as well as some good ones. Does the fact that I may disagree with some of what he has done mean that I will not express my opinion on him honestly, no that would not be fair to him or myself.

#46 ·
WELL SAID DAVE, THOSE ARE SOME VERY POLITE AND KIND THINGS TO SAY ABOUT A MAN THAT USES PEOPLE AS PAWNS IN A CHESS GAME!! BIG PROPS TO ROGER FOR GETTING SO MUCH INTEREST INTO PROMOD AND INVESTING HIS MONEY AND TIME INTO THIS AWESOME CLASS. MAYBE IF YOU TOOK A CLOSER LOOK AT THE MAN AND HIS "BUSINESS "PRACTICES YOU MIGHT GET A MORE INFORMED IDEA WHY MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE FOR HIM.
P.S.
HAVING MORE MONEY THAN SENSE IS A BAD THING. ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLES LIVELIHOOD ARE ON THE LINE!

#48 ·
WELL SAID DAVE, THOSE ARE SOME VERY POLITE AND KIND THINGS TO SAY ABOUT A MAN THAT USES PEOPLE AS PAWNS IN A CHESS GAME!! BIG PROPS TO ROGER FOR GETTING SO MUCH INTEREST INTO PROMOD AND INVESTING HIS MONEY AND TIME INTO THIS AWESOME CLASS. MAYBE IF YOU TOOK A CLOSER LOOK AT THE MAN AND HIS "BUSINESS "PRACTICES YOU MIGHT GET A MORE INFORMED IDEA WHY MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE FOR HIM.
P.S.
HAVING MORE MONEY THAN SENSE IS A BAD THING. ESPECIALLY WHEN PEOPLES LIVELIHOOD ARE ON THE LINE!
I've said nice things about many many more people before Roger Burgess...I've stuck by others when the safe thing to do was keep quiet and hide.

As for the allegations your making about Roger...I can't comment because I don't know the man personally nor do I know anything about the situations you mention. May I ask you a few questions...

a) What is your name and home state ?

b) Do you drag race in a Pro Door car class ? If you don't race thats okay and to take part in these discussions you don't have to have a race car or even be a driver...if your making allegations about another drag racer in our community I think its only fair that we know who you are and what role you play in drag racing... Are you a racer, crew person or just a fan ?

c) as for me "taking a closer look" at Roger's business practices...I don't make it a point to research or look into the "business practices" of all the people I race with. Who would have the time to do such while trying to support a family and race a car ! Again you are insinuating Roger is doing something wrong...if that is the case I hope you would be man enough to tell us who you are and what you want us to know. After telling us about yourself then please tell us where you got the info regarding Roger...Did YOU personally have a bad experience with Roger Burgess ?? Did Roger Burgess Screw you in some way ??

Folks I received a few PM's from people telling me they should be allowed to come on here and voice an opinion about Roger....to be CLEAR that is Ok...just no profanity and no vulgar tastless comments. And if your gonna say something negative about another drag racer you very well should have evidence and should be man enough to put a name on the post.

Mr. Monkey Grip Please / kindly respond to our questions when you can so that we can try to understand what your statesments are based on...I thank you, Sir.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.