Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Camron converter?

15K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  rad55 
#1 ·
Anybody know anything about them?There out of south carolina.We are looking at them and PTC Yall hav any input?Its small tire car 555 on the gas 3250#.

#2 ·
Don't know of any Camron converters out there, there may be some.

But, there are a ton of PTC converters in the small tire segment of racing. On some very, very quick cars also.

#3 ·
It's Cameron's Converter Service if I remember right. He is in Columbia, SC. Some of the fastest powerglide cars in the country are running his converters. Never run one myself, but I've heard all good things about him.

#6 ·
i use ptc, they work with you and really try to get it right no matter what it takes,
on that note i have also have a Cameron conv to try ,[it also didn't work for my application, but he sent me another the next day just to get a basis] so either company is good and has excellent service,i deal with lane at ptc...would recommend either one for quality and service

#8 ·
Alot more guy rum camerons stuff they they would like to admit. Just a few that do admit to running his stuff. Steve Jackson, Chris Tuten, Brad Edwards and many more.

#9 ·
Wow, I guess there are more than I thought, until this post I'd honestly never heard of them. Do they do much small tire stuff?

#13 ·
We have run many converters before. We never use anything but the best that can be gotten (just because we tear up anything else almost instantly) no matter which company. And without a doubt Camerons stuff is second to NONE! We developed two different converters with him for N20 small tire nitrous cars just last year alone. Had our BEST 60', 330', 660', and MPH with his off the shelf stuff, too. Nothing exotic. He is a truely nice guy that is easy to deal with, stands behind his product with NO exceptions, and can prove anything that comes out of his mouth. Doesn't just say what it takes to make a sell. Never used a PTC, so I can't say anything negative at all about them. There's only one that you'll see in my trailer and car, and she's blue!

Do yourself a favor and just give him a call. You won't regret it. Even if he can't help you, he'll have a TON of info that you will appreciate hearing. 803-754-8139

#14 ·
Camron is a great guy, we used his stuff when we had the AOD in the car. He would call just to see how the weather was. I used him back in the early 2000's and we have/had no complaints.

#16 ·
i run his converter and trans. i have never even owned another brand. he has covered everything from when we ran nitrous, to the blower, and now turbo. even when we were working on "different" stuff, and everyone kept telling me i had to have a chance to run fast with a turbo, i never, ever strayed or had doubt that his product would help me get the most out of my combo. interestingly, if you like to try alot of different stuff (like i do) and want to implement your own ideas, , he listens very well and do what you want. he might tell you he doesnt think it will work but he will still do it, he's told me many of times "what do we got to loose, your the one that has to pull it out and put it in." haha. from experience, he is very, very smart. give him accurate info, do what he says and you will not be dissapointed. to say i give my word on it is an understatement.

#24 ·
Sounds like a great guy. Thought I'd throw my two cents worth in, (since I noticed his name mentioned in one of the threads above). :)

Marty @ Neal Chance Racing Converters seems to have a lock on the guys that are flying (Spirro, Ulsch, Petty & Lynch and of course Todd Tutterow when he's running a converter along with many others)...... ok, Marty's family...... and he builds a GREAT converter!

I'm of the opinion that it would be a mistake if you didn't at least give him a call....... what have you got to lose? :)

Marty @ Neal Chance Racing Converters 316-542-9869 (His only flaw.... he takes every call himself, so you might have to leave a message but he will call you back, he answers about 200-250 emails a day and takes calls from 8-5 without stopping, then stays to work to get converters done) He's the one in the family that has the "major work ethic" lol

Mitch Chance
Ozark Raceway Park
www.ozarkracewaypark.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.