Yellow Bullet Forums banner

The new "Ultra Street Class"

35K views 234 replies 65 participants last post by  nitrooneshot 
#1 ·
What does everyone think its going to take to run at the top of this class at Cecil??? I think we are going to see some fast cars... 5.20's all the way to 6.0's . Thinking we also could see 16 cars in this class as well. I'm sure there are still some cars up on the fence, wondering if they still fit in X275??? Im also wondering with this class if we will see the 2nd chance race in X275 now.

#130 ·
Nobodys crying here Bitches, Just want to have a reason to load the car up and pay to race. That would mean trying to be somewhat competetive. At least we are not trying to run away with the class be for it starts.

#132 ·
hey john can i get a 50lb weight break if i dont paint my car? because u know with out paint my car is not as aerodynamic, the wind doesnt flow around the car smooth kind of like pushing a block on a tile floor vs carpet. so what do u say ? dont paint the car and get 50lb break need to know asap......

#134 ·
First race is 3 months away and we already have 9 pages of weight breaks. This is gonna be fun. How bout we just set the cars up for the way the rules are and if a certain combo is 3 tenths faster then add acouple pounds to them. I hope most people understand in any heads up class the rules change constantly to try and make it fair. The same thing will happen here.

If you think one combo has a hands down advantage over another, just build that one and youll will every race and be set.

#150 ·
I was thinking 3600 lbs...lol.

#154 ·
I hear a grudge race !!!!! Let's set it up. My money is on you drunk stang!!! Be careful though his car is pink lol

#168 ·
please forgive me if this sounds dumb but vettes have the trans in the back?? i guess it would be a trans axel. and also that the drive shaft is between the motor and the trans then??? didnt know they rolled that way. assume for weight balance??

#169 ·
Yes for weight balance.

No its not a trans axle. The Diff bolts right to the back of the trans case. it is not incorporated into the same case.

It has a torque tube that connects the engine to the tranny. with the driveshaft inside.

#170 ·
huh thats cool i guess. makes more sense that people dont want to go straight axle. lot of work to move the trans ect

#172 ·
How fast has the car been???? That should help make your decision . 1000 bucks compared to 300...

#178 ·
that looks retarded haha. does not look like it works in a drag application to well. if you were to convert to a solid axle would is be stock suspension????

#179 · (Edited)
No it don't work too good for launching (especially with a stiff sidewall radial tire)

Most of the classes like NMCA Real Street allow a IRS to straight axle conversion.

On a C5,C6 Corvette the front tunnel needs enlarged to allow for the trans & exhaust system,
custom made headers & exhaust, remove both fuel tanks & convert to fuel cell, new fuel system, new brake lines, shifter linkage etc, etc.

Not to mention new trans drive shaft, rear, etc. About 25K conversion.

#185 ·
LOL?? Originally Posted by Honk if parts fall off Thats not true. I can read rules, the rules as posted leave room, i will use that room if they are the rules we are racing. If you want LF's out then put it in the rules. If it wasn't for the fact that it's a $2,000 part, i'd just show up with a LF 80. My car is 3,645lbs, i'm looking for every crumb I can find in the couch.

#192 ·
What the hell does LF (left field) have to do with anything????

This isnt baseball

Now you guys are just being silly..........

lol

#197 ·
You got to remember, this isn't even a established class yet. There was only one race contested at VMP on short notice just to gather info. There wasn't even a payout to race for till the race was in the semi's.
Dave and Jimmy are putting the chance out there for the class to be part of the SCSO program here. I'm jumping out of RAM 10.5 and the well established 8.50 index programs to focus my efforts on this new and upcoming class.

#195 ·
harry is capain clueless!
well get a few drinks and laughs as the two Janets exsplain this on sat night .......or may we can figure out how he answer all the text replies on a group text that was sent to him .....lmfao .my wife is still cacklin over that harry ....

#196 ·
It was HER that sent ME a text!!

She said SHE replied to Rick but went to me as well

Still pretty damn funny!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.