Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Let's talk Harmonic Balancers!!!

24K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  skipnay 
#1 ·
What kind do I want first off right? I do know I need an internal balance one. So basicly I was going to get one for this motor NA. But instead of buying another one when I get the turbo I thought about getting one that will handle the power of the turbo. So basicly it needs to work on 9.5 deck SBF NA then with a 91 mm turbo probably making 800-1200 RWHP. I was looking into the innovators west ( http://www.innovatorswest.com/207-SBF-Damper.html ) Then iI realized it said I have to use a 6 bolt chevy pulley. Do they make that with a serpintine belt so I can use my alternator? I'm thinking of using the Proform or Meziere.

I also noticed for $225 more you can get the flying magnet crank trigger option. Which it get's rid of your separate Crank Trigger Wheel by integrating it into the Damper itself! - Saves on average about 9 Ounces over the MSD Crank Trigger Wheel.

So am I looking at the right place doing the right thing?

#34 ·
INNOVATORS WEST................and be done with it!!:Kneel

#36 ·
Ok so I ordered an Innovators west harmonic balancer and was wondering why it mattered what size the timing cover bolts are? I just figured they were 5/16'' but decided to ask. So called up Mike and he checked my sportsman block and they are 3/8''. So what difference does this have on the balancer? Also does this mean I will have to get a timing cover with 3/8'' bolt holes or is the stock one still good?

#37 ·
The flying magnet bracket bolts through the timing cover and into the block. The cover stays the same it just means the bracket, spacers and bolts are the wrong size. As long as its still new, ship it back in with your name and address on a piece of paper and I will swap it out for the correct one. If its used, ship it back anyways and I will modify yours to fit.

Chris

#38 · (Edited)
Chris, Blake from Holcomb Motorsports should have ordered this from you early this week. He ordered it with the 3/8'' bolt holes!!! While I have you here Chris what does it cost to recert the balancer then?

#39 ·
The dampers are a permanent certification, but we can resticker one if the sticker gets damaged or lost for free (just pay for return shipping). IF you are at a race and someone questions the damper, the SFI number is stamped into the back of the damper in addition to the sticker. Now if you want the damper serviced, we do those for $84.00 plus return shipping.

#41 ·
Thank you for the beautiful piece!!! I have to call you because the magnet wasn't in the box Chris...

#42 ·
Very nice! I wish that would have just bought a damn IW damper with the crank trigger setup....now I have a brand new ATI and with a MSD crank trigger and I wish could swap it out for a IW.

#44 ·
Just gave Chris a call and has taken care of it. Not a problem and they are my harmonic dealers for life for sure. Customer service is the best!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.