Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Sponsor Proposal

980 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mrhockey 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I have a few questions about a sponsorship proposal I am looking to make. Through a contact at work I have found a place that is looking to possibly sponsor a local racer. It is a small but growing ice cream chain. Now here is the hard part, I've never put together a proposal such as this. From the sponsored racers out there what are some of the basics that go into these? I have a few ideas floating around in my mind but would love to know of any other ideas to put into it. Thanks as always for the advice.

#2 ·
in the little bit of experience i have with it, make sure you make clear what YOU can do for THEM, thats the primary thing. Nothing is to small too, if you plan on taking your car to any shows and showing it off and stuff let them know about it, id also offer if you post on many forums like this one make sure you let them know you will add them to your sig and make a link if you can to a website if available. Thats my .02c goodluck with it bud.

#5 ·
It is like applying for a job. You must have a good proposal and let them know what you can do to bring in more business for them. They do not care how good looking you are, how fast you are or even how much you win. They want you to make as many POSITIVE impressions as possible. They want to know how many times you will get their name on TV and not talking about on an informercial at 2:30 in the morning. They want to know how many times you will get their name in the newspaper.
Your job if you get sponsorship is to get people to think about the company and want to purchase their products. You are an off site salesman if you will. To be real honest it would be hard for a business to much of any real value from sponsoring someone. That is your job if you want to get sponsorship is to show them the value of marketing, show them who you can target, how many will see their name and how it can turn into sales for them. Then everyday you have to work to get in the newspaper and TV. You have to make appearances with the car, let kids sit in the car and get their picture took. You have to pass out coupons etc. You have to get free tickets for your people and show them a good time at the track.
One thing that is funny is some people think businesses are glad to give away money for sponsorship, bull. If they give away money they would not stay in business, it is all about increasing sales and if you can not do that then they will not keep you.

#6 ·
Ernie Saxton writes every few weeks in the back of the national dragster on the topic of sponsorship. Maybe do a google search on his name and see what you come up with. I know I have changed mine based on what he says and one of the latest things was "marketing to the front and the about you to the back" or something like that. In other words put how you plan to help them in the front of the proposal and in the later page or pages put the technical stuff about your car or your accomplishments. A picture of you and your team with your car, nicely dressed in front of your hauler is also a nice touch to throw in there also. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.