Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Best Electric Water Pump

22K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  fastlx 
#1 ·
Which water pump is better Meziere, CSR or something else for a SBC?

#5 ·
I used to drive on the street all the time with that little Moroso electric motor spinning my stock water pump. Never lost a belt. First motor lasted 4 years or so.

I would not buy a CSR pump, had two, got rid of both! Have a Mezier but see no difference in cooling between it and the stock pump driven by the Moroso motor. Looks cleaner, that's all. Costs a lot more too! If the Moroso motor pukes it is a few minutes to change and no mess!

#13 ·
I use the Moroso electric motor as well, and a close friend of mine uses one also. I use to have a plastic fan mounted to my water pump, and between rounds trying to cool the engine down I only had to run one electric motor to run both fan and pump. Never mind the arrows.

#15 ·
I use to run the Moroso drive on the stock pumps with a aluminium flex fan to cool my race cars. They worked well for many years and my old Nova my brother owns now still has one on it. I bought a CVR about 10 yrs ago. It has done well and never given me any issues so far.

#19 ·
When the pump ran it worked fine.

I had two inductors come-off the board (not enough epoxy under them) and then broke. Had to re-solder them and re-epoxy them. After a few races the seal must have went and the inside of that electric motor was ruined.......... This was a new motor to replace my first one (which I thankfully kept as a spare) that lasted 3 races.

The other motor had two brush wires break in half. I was able to re-solder the two pieces of wire together so I could race. This was my original motor that was 2 years old and about 600 passes.

#25 ·
If my electric fuel pump is running then so is my water pump. (EFI, can't run the engine if the fuel pump isn't going). Have a manual switch to turn the water pump on if I just want to cool the engine down (yes, there is a diode in there between the relays so the fuel pump doesn't run when I'm just cooling-down the engine). My dual electric fans will turn off when I go full throttle.

#33 ·
I try to minimize how long I run my pump before I run. Run pump only during the run then turn fan on at top end of track. Would never run without an alternator.
Most Race cars dont use alternators.They charge in between runs

I dont turn mine off neither but i do have a buddy who does and picks up e.t. everytime.. clicks it back on after going throw the traps..never had any issues..but each to there own..Its a street car so hes trying to get every bit he can

#31 ·
I had a dedenbear on my small motor when it was in the dragster.............pump worked well, but couldn't keep it cool once temp got over about 150*. Would heat up quick after that and took forever to cool down. I have a CSI (Yep, before they changed to CSR) that I picked up used for $150 that works awesome! Engine wouldn't even make it to 160* with the new pump. Wondering how the big motor will do with that pump and a better/bigger radiator......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.