Yellow Bullet Forums banner

My chevelle build project

22K views 84 replies 36 participants last post by  rtgz71 
#1 ·
I only get a few hrs here n there to work on it , but so far its coming out good i think . So ill share it here n see how good im really doing ?

Attachments

See less See more
#65 ·
I say go with the X, it looks cool and gives you a good place to mount accessories if needed.

#66 · (Edited)
I 'think' it is not needed. (but don't quote me on that)

Down the road would you be concerned about shaving weight anywhere? The little things add up to big things.

Looks great so far.

Consider the drivers door having a removable bar? with pins and joint that swings out? Makes it easy when working on car.

Also.. using stock door panels and armrests? You can plane down the back of the armrests so you can fit them in. (just a nice touch vs. a strap.. and your door handle sticking out) Can send u pix of mine if you would like.

#67 ·
I 'think' it is not needed. (but don't quote me on that)

Down the road would you be concerned about shaving weight anywhere? The little things add up to big things.

Looks great so far.

Consider the drivers door having a removable bar? with pins and joint that swings out? Makes it easy when working on car.

Also.. using stock door panels and armrests? You can plane down the back of the armrests so you can fit them in. (just a nice touch vs. a strap.. and your door handle sticking out) Can send u pix of mine if you would like.
Com'on Brian, you know it's impossible to get these Chevelles down to a respectable weight so why even try? ;)

#70 ·
Put an X in it. You'll only bang your head on it a couple times while doing tin work. :rolleyes::cool:

#73 ·
Well i going to put the x in . Doing the tin work was really why i was thinkin of not doing it .but hey ,if i hit my head enough maybe it will knock some sense in me .the n i can just save money in stead of throwing it at the car ,lol

I am trying to save weigh where i can . Also hoing to try n drive it on the street to local car shows .we see how it goes . I am leaving to funny car cage out for now .but when i started the update i didn't plan on going this far with it

It was a snow ball that turned in to an avalanche ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.