CLUSTER HEADACHES....... - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 05-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
cmerc
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: CLUSTER HEADACHES.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winmon View Post
My Dad gets them. He went 3 years w/o them up till a couple weeks ago. He says the pain is the most intense he has ever experienced everytime he gets one.
Does he smoke? cus interestingly I stopped smoking the first time for 5 years when I was 40 and never had one till I started again. He's right it's the most intense pain you can imagine x1,000,000.
cmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #17
fatkid347
Smoked another BBC

i delliver big oxygen tanks to a acouple patients we have that have these horrible headaches
fatkid347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

My father in law used to get them and migraines routinely and was on big medication for it.

Ya know what's fucked about it is he had a heart attack 8 years ago, needed a triple bypass and got it and hasn't had either since. Not one.
Paul Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #19
R-code17815
Infidel
Smoked another BBC

for 14 years so far, no real fix.....

R-code17815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
69428xr7
Burnout box

Those things have to be the worst pain known to man!!! I've had them for the past 26 years. I have yet to find anything that works. Luckily for me, I only get them about once a year for about 3-4 weeks (usually in Feb). The steroids only seemed to prolong the cycle. The meds (currently Maxalt) only work if I catch it real early. The problem, they usually wake me up at 2am so it's already full blown.

The only "home remedy" that gives me any relief is sitting in a scalding hot shower.

Get on the site clusterheadaches.com for some advice that may help you. If you're like me, you'll try just about ANYTHING when these things hit. Good luck.
69428xr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #21
Fast Matt
Launchin

i get them too. i've had them since i was 21,i'm 37 now. when i first got them i was a chronic(daily) sufferer for about a year. since then i'm episodical(once a year) that last 4-6 weeks.
i've taken about every med ever prescribed for them with no success. it blows

Id rather eat a bowl of sloppy cat shit then hear someone run there cock holster about how awesome their ls is. -jsimmons
Fast Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:55 PM   #22
1fastacvw
Pullin gears

Might try a 30 min message twice a week then taper off to once a week. As mentionrd about reflexology, its pretty powerful and does affect all parts of body. The lady i get message from told me of a person who had cancer. Had aggressive reflexology treatments, they cured here. I imagine she had proper diet, etc. Too.
1fastacvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #23
DARTH
Smoked another BBC

had migrains for 25+ yrs.sumatriptan.any medication with that in it will numb it out.to the guys that think pain killers or weed will get rid of it...your WRONG !!!!! makes mine worse.dont like to be fucked with at all when i have em.even my dog will ovoid me.
DARTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
lurtch
Smoked another BBC

yes..it really blow's..my last job rushed me to the hospital..the attack lasted 4 hr's..they gave me dilaudid...morphine and tylenol 3...nothing worked...lol the nurse could not believe i was still awake sittin there screaming after all that...i take the sumavel dose pro shot's and the maxalt..the maxalt doesnt do anything....the shot is the only thing that work's and I'm aware it prolong's them..but I drive a truck and operate a crane..when I get one I have to take a shot and keep workin..I'm really gonna look into the shroom's and try to grow them and hopefully I can stop them...I feel for anybody that has to go through these bastard things
lurtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:03 AM   #25
Smitty275
Smoked another BBC

Wow, reading this makes me realize I'm not alone in this. I just finished one hell of a three week period. Last Sunday was the only day I didn't have any pain, it was the calm in the middle of a storm. Yesterday could not have been any worse. Have had these things since I was a kid and I'm about to turn 47 . They come and go.

Used to be a medication called Ketoprofin that did an excellent job of keeping the migraine clusters at bay. But it was taken off the market because it was believed to be killing people.

Doc just put me on Topomax to see if it will lessen the frequency of the migraines. Man I hope it works.

A Neurologist once put me on Depacote and what a nightmare that was. Wasn't a thing I could not move. Had no fear. Mean as all hell. Friends told me to get back to that Doc and tell him this stuff is a bad idea. I went back and he said it could not be causing the problems. I got loud and cornered him and he decided that maybe it was the Depacote. So as Darrin said, a std. neurologist can be clueless. Every person reacts differently to different meds. So when trying anything new be sure to tell someone close to you that they need to watch for changes to your mood and psyche.
Smitty275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:23 AM   #26
Wicked70496Dart
Launchin

I have had very severe migranes for 30 years. I also get the Ora, which is I can't see properly. Its like looking thru a prism and you can't see anything completely. I can't drive or do anything till the headache is gone, walk around most of the time with very dark sun glasse on. Drop lights at work, sun, different types of light, stress and caffeine will set them off. I will get them once a month and last month I got 3 in one day, which sucks big time. Ihave tried caffercot also which does not work, the only medicine that has work is Midrin which shrinks the blood vessels in the brain. Takes about 30 to 45 minutes for The Midrin to work and restore my eye sight, then 2 to 3 days of very bad headaches....Matt
Wicked70496Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #27
Smoked Another SBC

In the Uk they are going to start using Botox injections for migraine suffers > I read about this a few days ago >

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/05may/Pa...-migraine.aspx

BTW those Maxalt tabs that dissolve on your tongue seem to work okay if you take them early on.

12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:07 AM   #28
Fast Matt
Launchin

Smitty hope the topomax works for you. it does nothing for me and i have about 6 bottles in my med cabinet. all i get from them is a bad taste in my mouth,like my taste buds arent burnt.
Oxygen helps me sometimes but not always and i cant always have it with me either.
i feel for the rest of you guys. they're awful. i had one a couple years ago that lasted a solid 30+hrs. i was very close to grabbing my pistol and check out. my family are the only people i discuss them with and they dont fully grasp what it is. but they can tell very easy when i'm about to have a CH due to the redness of my right eye and the right side of my face shutting down.
it's weird and i feel weird typing this post about it.

Id rather eat a bowl of sloppy cat shit then hear someone run there cock holster about how awesome their ls is. -jsimmons
Fast Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:39 AM   #29
TheRevII
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmerc View Post
At 50 I was diagnosed with cervical stanosis (sp) in C6, and had surgery, which involved removing Vertebres C 5, 6 & 7 and cleaning the spinal canal and fusing them.
My wife, at the same age, was given an identical diagnosis after suffering with intense headaches for 15 years. The treatment was the same as yours, done by a surgeon who treats the Dallas Cowboys for spinal and nerve issues. I can't say if her headaches would be classified as cluster - as I understand it, cluster headaches are way more intense than what she was dealing with. But spinal stenosis is certainly something that needs to be ruled out.

I have nothing but compassion for you guys dealing with this menace. I cannot imagine in my wildest dreams what you're going through.

Last edited by TheRevII; 05-13-2012 at 01:41 AM.
TheRevII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:53 AM   #30
panova
Pre-Staged

I feel for you! my brother has had them for about 10 years now at first the only thing he found to help with it was to get on a exercise bike and pedal the hell out of it.....I know that sounds weird but he said it would help but they started getting worse. He had a doctor tell him about the shrooms, he started looking it to it and decided to try them, He has been cluster clear for about a year now. After seeing him go through it I can see why they call them suicide headaches. I hope you find something that works for you soon.
panova is offline   Reply With Quote