Infant hearing protection at the track - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 05-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #31
6speedVert
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Infant hearing protection at the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Stud View Post
As long as you guys are aware that undeveloped auditory neurons are permantly damaged by excessive noise far far easier than adults.

There is currently no hearing protection that can lower db beyond 30 decibels, and that is with both plugs and cans together. No options exist for babies in this regard. By taking an infant or young child to a place that can produce db in excess of 140 or more you are not only destroying the cilia within their cochlea for life, but causing them pain.

But I am sure when they are 55, you're dead and they can't hear noises at certin frequencies anymore they can take comfort in the fact they were at a family drag race they cannot possibly remember. Way to parent.

Please, dont talk common sense here, this board is for tough guys who walk around with their cocks out screaming "come at me bro". Kids health and well being take a back seat to that shit.
6speedVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #32
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedVert View Post
Please, dont talk common sense here, this board is for tough guys who walk around with their cocks out screaming "come at me bro". Kids health and well being take a back seat to that shit.
Apparently...

Not sure when damaging your kids for life on purpose became the manly thing to do.
Paul Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #33
BadAss88GT
Erect Member
Smoked another BBC

You know it's funny, I had to go back and read my original thread again because I didn't remember asking if everyone thought taking a kid to the track was a good idea or not.

Sure enough, I didn't ask if people thought it was a good idea, I asked for guys who take their kids to the track to give opinions on hearing protection.

If you do not take your kids to the track with hearing protection then you need to get the fuck out of this thread, as you are way better parents than those that do (or in my case a parent trying to gather info).
BadAss88GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #34
team2motorsports
Burnout box

Badass gt ..... check amazon and search infant ear muffs. I bought some smaller muffs for my son, they adjust samll enough that they fit right yet they will go large enough to last a few years. He is two today and loves the races. Hope this helps as Im one of those no good parents that would rather have my son at the track with me instead of spending the weekend with a sitter.
team2motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #35
Hippie
Burnout box

earmuffs4kids.com They have them in different colors.They have had great customer service every time we purchased from them.
Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #36
Honk if parts fall off
Winning
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
As long as you guys are aware that undeveloped auditory neurons are permantly damaged by excessive noise far far easier than adults.

There is currently no hearing protection that can lower db beyond 30 decibels, and that is with both plugs and cans together. No options exist for babies in this regard. By taking an infant or young child to a place that can produce db in excess of 140 or more you are not only destroying the cilia within their cochlea for life, but causing them pain.

But I am sure when they are 55, you're dead and they can't hear noises at certin frequencies anymore they can take comfort in the fact they were at a family drag race they cannot possibly remember. Way to parent.

Sorry bud, but it doesn't get that loud in the motorhome, ever. And what the fuck do you think we are doing, taking the kid into the burnout box next to the cars. Or maybe pushing the stroller up to the starting line so he gets a good look see.

I'm not standing in a top fuel dragster pit while they seat a clutch, get a grip. I'll go buy a deciblemeter and keep it with him all weekend, we'll see if there is actual reason for concern.
Honk if parts fall off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #37
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honk if parts fall off View Post
Sorry bud, but it doesn't get that loud in the motorhome, ever. And what the fuck do you think we are doing, taking the kid into the burnout box next to the cars. Or maybe pushing the stroller up to the starting line so he gets a good look see.

I'm not standing in a top fuel dragster pit while they seat a clutch, get a grip. I'll go buy a deciblemeter and keep it with him all weekend, we'll see if there is actual reason for concern.
Dude I have seen those very things done many times.

What purpose does an infant serve at the racetrack, in motorhome or not?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #38
fatwax
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Dude I have seen those very things done many times.

What purpose does an infant serve at the racetrack, in motorhome or not?
why does there have to be a "purpose"?? do you think people are bringing there kids to the track for some kind of purpose? maybe, just maybe, its a family sport for some and everyone in the family is to be included.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #39
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwax View Post
why does there have to be a "purpose"?? do you think people are bringing there kids to the track for some kind of purpose? maybe, just maybe, its a family sport for some and everyone in the family is to be included.
There needs to be a purpose great enough to offset the potential dangers of bringing an infant to the track. I'm not talking about walking talking kids here, but an infant.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #40
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAss88GT View Post
You know it's funny, I had to go back and read my original thread again because I didn't remember asking if everyone thought taking a kid to the track was a good idea or not.

Sure enough, I didn't ask if people thought it was a good idea, I asked for guys who take their kids to the track to give opinions on hearing protection.

If you do not take your kids to the track with hearing protection then you need to get the fuck out of this thread, as you are way better parents than those that do (or in my case a parent trying to gather info).
I hear ya, but the reason you are taking flak here is probably the title. Might as well have it be 'Infant sunblock for the tanning booth' or 'Infant motorcycle helmets for my harley'

Can't expect someone that understands hearing damage to not say a thing about it. Forgive us for not wanting your kid to suffer.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #41
Turbopmcc
Smoked another BBC

The self righteous pussification of America continues. If it doesn't affect you mind your own business and shut the fuck up.

Darrell Devenny
MSgt. USAF Security Forces (Ret. 21 yrs.)
1967 Turbo Pro-Mod Nova
NMRA SSO 1993 Turbo Mustang
www.BaudierGraphix.com

Big Easy Motorsports
Turbopmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #42
1989k1500
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
There needs to be a purpose great enough to offset the potential dangers of bringing an infant to the track. I'm not talking about walking talking kids here, but an infant.
If you drop a tool under the car someone has to crawl under there to get it
1989k1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #43
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989k1500 View Post
If you drop a tool under the car someone has to crawl under there to get it
lol

but seriously an infant?
Old 05-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #44
Paul Stud
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopmcc View Post
The self righteous pussification of America continues. If it doesn't affect you mind your own business and shut the fuck up.
YA, not willingly damaging an 8 month olds hearing makes you a pussy! I'll be right back, I have to go man up and kick my baby.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #45
BadAss88GT
Erect Member
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
I'll be right back, I have to go man up and kick my baby.
Sorry man but that is really funny to hear someone say...

[Baby Ike]No kick the baby![/Baby Ike]
BadAss88GT is offline   Reply With Quote