NEW "PRO MOD" CLASS IDEA? - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Old 04-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #31
Uncle Paul
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: NEW "PRO MOD" CLASS IDEA?

If you live on the east coast check out the Northeast Outlaw ProMods.
It's a great group of people that don't have the cash like some of the NHRA ProMod teams but still can get it done.

http://www.northernchateau.com/
Uncle Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #32
Festus
Pullin gears

Very interesting topic. If heads up, then money wins. I think it would be difficult to argue the contrary over the long term. That's why bracket racing was invented. And there's plenty of those classes already.

So now we're back to heads up. If parity is desired, then one could start banning killer combo's, limit cubes, limit this, limit that... Money would still win but it would make it a little more affordable since the exotic stuff is off the table. OR, maybe something like Comp Pro Mod where combo's are indexed in relation to the power adder, cubes, weight, etc. Yes, the pro tree would have to go but it would be heads up at the stripe just like Comp. And yes, there would be a lot of belly aching on who gets what index but that may level the playing field even more by allowing all types of combo's to race each other fairly. And lastly, money would STILL win but nobody's junk would be either banned or completely obsolete.

This would probably never happen but an interesting thought experiment nonetheless.
Festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #33
topsportsman291
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus View Post
Very interesting topic. If heads up, then money wins. I think it would be difficult to argue the contrary over the long term. That's why bracket racing was invented. And there's plenty of those classes already.

So now we're back to heads up. If parity is desired, then one could start banning killer combo's, limit cubes, limit this, limit that... Money would still win but it would make it a little more affordable since the exotic stuff is off the table. OR, maybe something like Comp Pro Mod where combo's are indexed in relation to the power adder, cubes, weight, etc. Yes, the pro tree would have to go but it would be heads up at the stripe just like Comp. And yes, there would be a lot of belly aching on who gets what index but that may level the playing field even more by allowing all types of combo's to race each other fairly. And lastly, money would STILL win but nobody's junk would be either banned or completely obsolete.

This would probably never happen but an interesting thought experiment nonetheless.
Comp is just as expensive to run because your goal is to go under the index given then if you go to far under it they lower the index so all it takes is one person not knowing how to play the game and he blows an index for everyone in his class. Like the A/PM class in comp it was something the "average" 5 inch bore space guy could run until they made the pro mods need grade points and a 5.3 bs guy comes in and kills the index so those guys with the 5 inch stuff don't have a chance.
topsportsman291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #34
speedjunkie5589
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman View Post
i'm talking about the ci limit just saying that there is a lot of 706 out there that would
not fit that rule
maybe insted of a ci limit just make a bore spacing limit.. you can build the 700 inch motors with conv. bore spacing..

check us out on tha book!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stubbs...4555905?ref=hl
speedjunkie5589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #35
speedjunkie5589
Launchin

its very hard to take money out of the true heads up racing but i feel like the playing field can be a lot more even.. going to a bracket race or index class is like watching paint dry maybe worse.. THE SPORT NEEDS FANS!! i just hope someone smarter than me takes an idea like this and runs with it...

Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #36
VegaEddie
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill69 View Post
X2!!!
Everytime somebody wants to make an economical headsup class they pick on the screw blower..the most economical power adder of them all.
My cast chevy with a d rotor low OD can run 4.0 @2650lbs easily. How much N20 ,turbo and roots BS does it take to do that?
Just take away OD for billet high dollar exotica. PX cars are no fun to race against on a budget but it's pretty easy to spot them and if somebody runs away with it smack them then. Don't ban everybody that runs the same blower as the record holders.
Quoted for TRUTH!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #37
BobWatson
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjunkie5589 View Post
its very hard to take money out of the true heads up racing but i feel like the playing field can be a lot more even.. going to a bracket race or index class is like watching paint dry maybe worse.. THE SPORT NEEDS FANS!! i just hope someone smarter than me takes an idea like this and runs with it...
It looks to me that you are fast enough to run S/pro (bracket race). Instead of "BITCHING" about watching it,why don't you TRY running it!

The sport does need fans,but ANY drag race is better than NO drag race.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #38
speedjunkie5589
Launchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobWatson View Post
It looks to me that you are fast enough to run S/pro (bracket race). Instead of "BITCHING" about watching it,why don't you TRY running it!

The sport does need fans,but ANY drag race is better than NO drag race.
dont get me wrong i have done bracket racing in the past and had a good time.. im not bitching about anything im just trying to find ideas for a class that is fast heads up racing that fans would enjoy without breaking the bank to race..

Old 04-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #39
VegaEddie
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjunkie5589 View Post
dont get me wrong i have done bracket racing in the past and had a good time.. im not bitching about anything im just trying to find ideas for a class that is fast heads up racing that fans would enjoy without breaking the bank to race..
Small tire and radial tire racing started with that intention. Try building a consistently competitive X275 car for less than 100k now though.

If its heads up racing, it'll eventually become a big dollar class. Its the nature of the beast.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #40
Jim Wiens
Smoked another BBC

lol make everyone un plug the davis boxes and other traction control devices and see who is a real tuner

Thanks to:
Mr Harry Hruska
Precision Turbo & Engine
Joe Oplawski Hyperaktive
Don Bailey of DCB Enterprises
Jim Wiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #41
theJaker
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wiens View Post
lol make everyone un plug the davis boxes and other traction control devices and see who is a real tuner

That's what I'm TALKING ABOUT!!
theJaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #42
JOHN BRADY
Smoked another BBC

Yeah because nobody has gone 3.70's without Traction Control..LOL
865-688-2083
JOHN BRADY is offline   Reply With Quote