cam help! - Page 2 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Valvetrain - LGM Racing and Development

Valvetrain - LGM Racing and Development

Old 04-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #16
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: cam help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamKing View Post
I used these flow numbers from my data base. It would be nice to have the actual flow numbers, but you can only work with what you've got.

.400": 252/162
.500": 285/182
.600": 290/193
.700": 292/196
I agree Mike but that one set of heads proved to me that this stuff is all over the board when it comes to "ported heads". The cost of flowing heads, $75 is well worth getting that part of the info as you well know.
cstraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
SHDYS1969
Launchin

Would u guys need the flow numbers on all the ports or just 1 head? Also what do you think of that liunati cams numbers how do you think that cam would work compared to the other! Thanks for all the help I guess it's decision time!
SHDYS1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
cstraub
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHDYS1969 View Post
Would u guys need the flow numbers on all the ports or just 1 head? Also what do you think of that liunati cams numbers how do you think that cam would work compared to the other! Thanks for all the help I guess it's decision time!
SHDYS1969,
I don't want to speak for Mike but I feel he would agree. Without the flow numbers you might as well rip out the BBC roller cam section of Lunati's book and tape it to the wall, stand back 10 ft and throw a dart at the page to pick a camshaft.

Not knowing the flow numbers is like not knowing the cubes of the engine. They are part of the process to selecting a camshaft.

Street Car for play: Flow 1 or 2 cylinders. BBC must flow short and long ports

Bracket Car: Best to flow 2 ports on each head and take an average.

Heads up Comp Car: Flow all ports with intake attached and header attached that will be run.
cstraub is offline   Reply With Quote