Comp R lifter problem? - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > LSX, Mod Motor and Gen III Hemi Tech

Old 04-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #1
jp92z28
Spooled up

Default Comp R lifter problem?

the motor has 8-10K on it..about 2K the last 2 years combined(weekend toy)... It has a comp cam complete setup,cam,lifters(Type R) pushrods,Roller rocker(adj) springs,etc. Started hearing a tick and found this... . I founds 2 more with cracks...I will have to get more pics but it looks like some of the lifters are paper thin where it broke(and other ones that cracked) and the rest that looked good had more material around that area(thicker)...All needle bearing there..roller spins nicely.

The lifters are 4 years old i guess..I did a search and didnt come up with anything, but i thought i heard comp had a problem with there lifters in the beginning..maybe someone can shed some light on it. It got the cam(lightly and lifter bore some..)

Im going to get some stock lifters to compare(work at a dealership). I will get better pics(close ups) and let everyone and give there 2 cents work..
Its hard to tell from the one pic..u have to be looking straight up and down to notice a difference.
jp92z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 AM   #2
Formulized94
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Comp R lifter problem?

Ive had some issues with the "r" lifters myself. yanked them and put gm stuff back in, no more problems.
Formulized94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
jp92z28
Spooled up

Default Re: Comp R lifter problem?

i was planning on it. thanks
jp92z28 is offline   Reply With Quote