Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #197
promodvette
Banned
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: PRO STOCK BS!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegaEddie View Post
Isn't that what they have been doing all along?
Yeah, but I mean pretend it slowed them to about a 6.85-6.90 for a few races.
promodvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #198
hsutton
Pullin gears

The only place that NHRA doesn't like to appear is in court, so sue them. They were crapping when the Pro Stock truck crowd took them to court, just too bad they didn't continue untill NHRA was broke.
hsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #199
flyinon2wheels
Cry me a river
Smoked another BBC

I still cant find nor has anyone been able to find where they MUST sell their specialty products in the nhra rule book . Its the their decision to allow or disallow a product . Not saying in this instance its right but thats the reality . There again NO ONE sells their trade secrets if that were the fact everyone would be riding the same thing running the same et and no reason to even pay attention . I wish GB would build a vroid to the same specs and rules the vhr bikes . NO ONE has done it so no one knows if they will be declined . Would be grounds for a court case then . I hate the v twins and wish the zuki guys would get a freakin break so they could be in the hunt as the buells and v rods are
"Sometimes I wonder if people are to scared to run quarter mile, it's all dangerous you can get killed running to the center also. The quarter mile speed is what makes it exciting if you're too scared then stay home. All you can do is be right with the Lord and ask him to keep you safe. When it's your time to go a Hans device isn't gonna save you!" Cary Goforth
flyinon2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #200
richard24
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinon2wheels View Post
I still cant find nor has anyone been able to find where they MUST sell their specialty products in the nhra rule book . Its the their decision to allow or disallow a product . Not saying in this instance its right but thats the reality . There again NO ONE sells their trade secrets if that were the fact everyone would be riding the same thing running the same et and no reason to even pay attention . I wish GB would build a vroid to the same specs and rules the vhr bikes . NO ONE has done it so no one knows if they will be declined . Would be grounds for a court case then . I hate the v twins and wish the zuki guys would get a freakin break so they could be in the hunt as the buells and v rods are
Dude you're missing the point. George tried explain it already he doesn't want there secrets he just wants to be able to buy the same parts. Thats the problem Harley won't even sell him the engine parts that Vance and Hines have access too. I'm with you on this I wish I'd like to see Hondas and Yamahas out there also but the rules are completely one sided.
richard24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #201
Paul2281
Smoked another BBC

That rule isn`t in the rule book anymore....It was changed out to say something else,like allowed if approved my NHRA, which will never happen.....
Paul2281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #202
DBChoppers
Pre-Staged

You can't just go out and build a V-Rod and race PSM , NHRA won't allow it.

"Glen Gray, NHRA’s Vice President, Technical Operations, on Tuesday afternoon also addressed the issue if another Pro Stock Motorcycle competitor duplicated the Harley-Davidson Night Rod Motorcycle driven by Screamin’ Eagle Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson teammates Andrew Hines and Eddie Krawiec, the only two Harley riders in NHRA.
“A person could not do that because when a design is initially submitted, it has to be submitted from one of the manufacturers,” Gray said. “The Buell was originally submitted by Buell, the Suzuki was originally submitted by Suzuki and the Harley was originally submitted by Harley. So, it would have to be submitted to us. So if another manufacturer gets involved and they come up with a design of a motorcycle then it can be submitted to us. A team could not go out and just copy something or even let’s say a small manufacturer. An actual motorcycle company would have to submit a design to us for approval.”
Gray said if a Pro Stock Motorcycle competitor showed up with a duplicate Harley-Davidson motorcycle of the ones Hines and Krawiec ride, that competitor would not be allowed to race."

If you want to read the whole story, http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-...ble-to-race-it

Diamond Bar Choppers
Full Service Shop
(909) 861-8833
DBChoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #203
flyinon2wheels
Cry me a river
Smoked another BBC

Well now i will say that is complete bullshit . As for parts being available ? doesnt vh build their parts so they also dont have parts availble to them either without having to build them
"Sometimes I wonder if people are to scared to run quarter mile, it's all dangerous you can get killed running to the center also. The quarter mile speed is what makes it exciting if you're too scared then stay home. All you can do is be right with the Lord and ask him to keep you safe. When it's your time to go a Hans device isn't gonna save you!" Cary Goforth
Old 03-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #204
flyinon2wheels
Cry me a river
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard24 View Post
Dude you're missing the point. George tried explain it already he doesn't want there secrets he just wants to be able to buy the same parts. Thats the problem Harley won't even sell him the engine parts that Vance and Hines have access too. I'm with you on this I wish I'd like to see Hondas and Yamahas out there also but the rules are completely one sided.

So your saying harley is building the parts ?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #205
nhraformula00
Pullin gears

V&H are. Harley pays 850,000 to the NHRA per year as sponsorship,so V&H can write there own rules. Get it!!
nhraformula00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #206
flyinon2wheels
Cry me a river
Smoked another BBC

exactly , harley isnt building the parts , just like buell isnt building their parts so does star write their own rules NO they abide by the rules they are given . these are all specialty parts . Like i said ZUKI shoul dbe throwing a fit because we can all go find a GS lying around and build/buy a pro stock motor ! I tried to call the buell dealership and got hobo the party clown answering service , at least when i call harley i get a skanky clad women to answer the phone lol
Old 03-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #207
bryan67gto
Launchin

One of the other issues i dont like. If H-D can use a 4 valve head. All should be able to. Part of my thinking why Suzuki isnt pushing much anymore they feel same way George does. There limited to older build.
bryan67gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #208
richard24
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinon2wheels View Post
exactly , harley isnt building the parts , just like buell isnt building their parts so does star write their own rules NO they abide by the rules they are given . these are all specialty parts . Like i said ZUKI shoul dbe throwing a fit because we can all go find a GS lying around and build/buy a pro stock motor ! I tried to call the buell dealership and got hobo the party clown answering service , at least when i call harley i get a skanky clad women to answer the phone lol
Harley is only giving parts to Vance and Hines. V&H is the only team allowed to run a Harley bike. If you show up with a Harley you will not be allowed to race it. You can't even copy the body work.

Gray said if a Pro Stock Motorcycle competitor showed up with a duplicate Harley-Davidson motorcycle of the ones Hines and Krawiec ride, that competitor would not be allowed to race.

“We (NHRA) would not tech the (duplicate) bike in because it would not be an approved motorcycle for the class,” Gray said. “Our (NHRA) rules state you have to have the name of the manufacturer on your bike. Because we would know that wasn’t a bike that was submitted by Harley-Davidson, we would not be able to tech it in because it would be illegal.”

Gray said the manufacturers which have been approved by NHRA to run motorcycles in the Pro Stock Motorcycle class are Harley-Davidson, Buell, Suzuki and Kawasaki. Harley-Davidson acquired 49 percent of Buell in 1993, and it became a wholly owned subsidiary by 2003.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #209
sigman
cynic/realist
Smoked Another SBC

Garage

At this point, I'd think the sponsers of the other teams would allow a boycott by their racers, or withdraw altogether....knowing they can't win.

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

sigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #210
richard24
Smoked another BBC

Glen Gray, NHRA’s Vice President, Technical Operations is a complete fucking asshole. He must think all other racers are idiots and that they think all is just fine. Him and Tom Compton should be fired.