Early Pro Mod pics... - Page 13 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Pro Modified

Pro Modified Talk about Pro-Mod racing with censorship...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #181
Moodyblues
Senior Member
Smoked Another SBC
 
Moodyblues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Big Orange Country
Posts: 6,987
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings_1974 View Post
Hugh Scott had one of his early willys not long ago in North Alabama, Gary Wells had one also around Birmingham,AL.

I remember dem boys................I was a crew member for Sam Brown's Tinker Toy back then.
__________________
Big FORD Power!
www.russhoodinsurance.com
Moodyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #182
jumbo
Junior Member
Spooled up
 
jumbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 172
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

No pic of Joey Moore's corvette? I'm pretty sure it was the 1st door slammer in the 3's?
jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:13 AM   #183
sandmann120
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
sandmann120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SW Iowa
Posts: 1,639
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

All these pictures are bringing back memories. When I was a kid my family still bracket raced, and our home track was Eddyville in SW Iowa, which at the time was owned by Carl Moyer. I remember he used to have some pretty wild Pro Mod shows down there, and I remember walking around seeing 90% of these cars.

On top of that, we used to hit the national events at Scribner each year, and between that and the World Series at Cordova, it was an excellent time to grow up in the Midwest, waist deep in incredible Pro Mods. I bet I've still got hero cards around somewhere for most all of the cars posted.

Vinny, I think we were there the day in Scribner you mentioned, when the Tosti lambo knocked his front end apart. I wasn't real old then, but the blown Pro Mods always made the biggest impact on me.
__________________
Remember when sex was safe, and racing was dangerous?
sandmann120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #184
FlyinOhioan
Member
Pullin gears
 
FlyinOhioan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 841
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
I know jasons corvettes were red. Other than one black. But, don't forget that John Lyman drove the one called" little red corvette".
Check my avater , this is John Lynam in the lil red corvette that raced adrl in the early years .
FlyinOhioan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:59 AM   #185
littlemoney
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
littlemoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,580
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinOhioan View Post
Check my avater , this is John Lynam in the lil red corvette that raced adrl in the early years .
John Lynam was a bad dude with a roots!
littlemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #186
josh peel
Junior Member
Launchin
 
josh peel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 299
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

The car John Lynam owend called "little red corvette" was the car Joey Moore and Chuck F. went 3.98 with at Emerald Coast Dragway in Florida. I was there.
__________________
Dealer for: Moran injectors,Dragon Fuels, Jesel, BTE Transmissions and Parts, SPD tubing, and others in the works!!
josh peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #187
tim lewis
Moderator
Smoked Another SBC
 
tim lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: spotsylvania,va
Posts: 18,028
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh peel View Post
The car John Lynam owend called "little red corvette" was the car Joey Moore and Chuck F. went 3.98 with at Emerald Coast Dragway in Florida. I was there.
John McGrady was the owner.
__________________
www.fotki.com/outlawdragracing

The WORST photographer in drag racing

BRAND NEW 2000 5 STAR CAVALIER BODY FOR SALE PM FOR DETAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!
tim lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:44 PM   #188
Blind Mule
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
Blind Mule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas View Post
Have any shots you can post of Ellis Milner's old Vega?
Heard Ellis just turned 75 years old and still owns a Pro Mod. Wow!
Still working on em all the time also. I hope I can still do as much as he does when I get that age.
Blind Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:03 AM   #189
ksmyss
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
ksmyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,464
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmann120 View Post
All these pictures are bringing back memories. When I was a kid my family still bracket raced, and our home track was Eddyville in SW Iowa, which at the time was owned by Carl Moyer. I remember he used to have some pretty wild Pro Mod shows down there, and I remember walking around seeing 90% of these cars.

On top of that, we used to hit the national events at Scribner each year, and between that and the World Series at Cordova, it was an excellent time to grow up in the Midwest, waist deep in incredible Pro Mods. I bet I've still got hero cards around somewhere for most all of the cars posted.

Vinny, I think we were there the day in Scribner you mentioned, when the Tosti lambo knocked his front end apart. I wasn't real old then, but the blown Pro Mods always made the biggest impact on me.
Carl was always a great guy. I remember him letting me hide out in the a/c in his rig when it was hot as hell at the races more than once.
ksmyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #190
sandmann120
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
sandmann120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SW Iowa
Posts: 1,639
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmyss View Post
Carl was always a great guy. I remember him letting me hide out in the a/c in his rig when it was hot as hell at the races more than once.
He had some beautiful racecars as well. Always nice stuff. It was amazing what he did with the track when he bought it. Don't get me wrong, Eddyville was cool before, but Carl really put the money into it and made it a top-notch facility.
__________________
Remember when sex was safe, and racing was dangerous?
sandmann120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #191
ksmyss
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
ksmyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,464
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmann120 View Post
He had some beautiful racecars as well. Always nice stuff. It was amazing what he did with the track when he bought it. Don't get me wrong, Eddyville was cool before, but Carl really put the money into it and made it a top-notch facility.
He wasn't afraid to spend money, that is for sure. He was a real down to earth guy.
ksmyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #192
Chassis John
Member
Pullin gears
 
Chassis John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 659
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Does Carl still have the Chevy dealership? He's a great guy and businessman. I met him at an IHRA race in early 92. He said if you need a Chevy call me. I called in September of that year, told the receptionist I was a racer friend of his. She took my # and said Carl will be in touch very soon. not 15 min later Carl called me from his vacation home in Arizona, asked what I was looking for, Diesel 3500 Crew Cab Dually, Black /grey cloth interior, loaded. He said sit tight. 1/2 hour after that his sales manager called me and said he had 4 like that in stock and did I want steel wheels with trim rings or Alcoa's? I said aluminum. He took my credit info, I flew out the next day, signed the papers and headed back to Long Island. Great way to do business in my book. Each race I saw him at, he always asked how the truck was treating me. When he had a nitrous explosion that damaged his scoop at a race at Englishtown he loaded up and towed out to my shop and had us fix it. I tried to make him keep his $ because of the sweet deal he gave me on the 3500 but he insisted that he should be a paying customer.
__________________
Chassis John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #193
fosterpower
Junior Member
Burnout box
 
fosterpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Perry, NY
Posts: 38
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

fosterpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #194
sandmann120
Senior Member
Smoked another BBC
 
sandmann120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: SW Iowa
Posts: 1,639
Default Re: Early Pro Mod pics...

Yeah, Carl's still got the dealership. It's huge now.
__________________
Remember when sex was safe, and racing was dangerous?
sandmann120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 3.33%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Yellow Bullet LLC