**Any Pics of Front Mount Fuel Systems??** - Page 3 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Nitrous - Induction Solutions

Nitrous - Induction Solutions

Old 12-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #31
slow94z
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: **Any Pics of Front Mount Fuel Systems??**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Smith View Post
The way I see it, you crash your car, you have a 50/50 chance of "nosing" it in the wall or "backing" it into the wall, so from that point of view, makes no difference where you mount it. Your cell mounted in the trunk, has no more protection from a rear impact, than it does from a front impact, if you just have it hung inside the core support. On either end of the car, the cell SHOULD have some tubing around it, so if done properly, from a safety standpoint, the end of the car does not matter. It boils down to weight percentage and do you need it in the front, or the rear. One thing people tend to do, is have a 5-8 gallon cell in the rear, but most run a 2 or so in the front. If you are looking to save weight, run a 2 in the rear. The pump weighs the same wherever you mount it and the only extra weight you would see, would be the length of line and the fuel in it.

Monte
I disagree with this( the first part) because even if you have the cell protected up front, if you run the front end into something and the cell burst's or gets puctured you now have gas dumping out in the same area as alot of hot parts which can ignite it fairly easily...

Jay

Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #32
slowstang
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: **Any Pics of Front Mount Fuel Systems??**

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow94z View Post
I disagree with this( the first part) because even if you have the cell protected up front, if you run the front end into something and the cell burst's or gets puctured you now have gas dumping out in the same area as alot of hot parts which can ignite it fairly easily...

Jay
i agree i would rather it leak in the rear where nothings red hot after a crash,it may just give you enough time to be pulled out of the car.compared to burnt to a crisp.a couple pounds never killed anyone..but firey crashes sure has
slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote