Old 02-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #121
bgblckbeaumont
Spooled up

so i see the topic changed again
there is a difference drinking at work and getting caught drinking at work
getting caught is an automatic 3 days suspension
getting caught again is a 30 day suspension
getting caught again is your ass on the street
now according to how it actually works is all up to the supervisor he can ignore it cause you ain`t that bad or he can fire you on the spot and let the union work it out
or they can fire your ass you go to brentwood and when they say your cleen and not going to do it again the union can negotiate a probationary period were if you get caught again your not getting back in
now mind you before there is a hundred posts on this being bull shit
i said this is what can happen not what will happen
and if the union fights to get someone back in it`s usually at contract time and we lose something in the next contract
bgblckbeaumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2008, 12:36 AM   #122
9SEC6SPD
The Gear Rower
Pullin gears

davs5.0,

point taken, i can only speak to what i see first hand. keep this in mind....the parts are all reduced cost engineered parts. the almighty dollar is usually what keeps designs being implemented that may assemble and work better in a vehicle! everybody wants a $100 part for $5. unfortunately that isn't how it works, so we end up with the $5 dollar part. maybe certain commodities of parts in the vehicles don't get cost cut as much, but my experience says that is not the case. i don't his first hand on drivetrain components and fuel and brake systems, but i am sure there is no difference.

chad,

problem with drinking is it can get the offender as well as someone else hurt. getting the people the help they need is great only if it works.

Special Thanks: Liberty's Gears / Madman Racing & Co. / Lozon Fab / Applied Nitrous / Holbrook Racing Eng. / Induction Solutions / McLeod Ind.
9SEC6SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 AM   #123
mufflerguy
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9SEC6SPD View Post
davs5.0,

point taken, i can only speak to what i see first hand. keep this in mind....the parts are all reduced cost engineered parts. the almighty dollar is usually what keeps designs being implemented that may assemble and work better in a vehicle! everybody wants a $100 part for $5. unfortunately that isn't how it works, so we end up with the $5 dollar part. maybe certain commodities of parts in the vehicles don't get cost cut as much, but my experience says that is not the case. i don't his first hand on drivetrain components and fuel and brake systems, but i am sure there is no difference.

chad,

problem with drinking is it can get the offender as well as someone else hurt. getting the people the help they need is great only if it works.

Taner............we (Randy, Doug and myself) see this stuff first hand. Every time we turn around we're getting pounded on price. Quality (of the part AND of the machine we build to make that part) doesn't count for squat anymore. Hence the reason you get all these recalls. You wanted a $5.00 balljoint pressed into that control arm? You got a $5.00 balljoint pressed into that contol arm. And then you had $3.00 a day Juan install that $5.00 balljoint into that $50,000.00 truck. And they wonder why they have recalls?
Old 02-22-2008, 10:27 PM   #124
glen miller
Burnout box

there are so many drunks on nights building minivans in windsor, foreman dont even care, people go out and drink and smoke drugs on lunch. losers
Old 02-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #125
bgblckbeaumont
Spooled up

hey quit spilling insider information lol
bgblckbeaumont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #126
nooner
Burnout box

there a hole in the parking lot fence, backs into someones backyard, on breaks the guy sells beers and hotdogs, makes a killing, go minivan plant!