Barry Grant 400 -2? - Page 5 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Let's Talk Drag Racing

Let's Talk Drag Racing Talk about drag racing with censorship...

Old 06-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #61
DewRonInc
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: Barry Grant 400 -2?

Hey I have a three year old 400-2, that puppy ain't leaking now but it has been sitting with fuel in it for three months almost as updates are done and motor is redone, as i have no leaks right now, should i buy one of the new pumps now, as mine will start leaking after sitting so long, i run mine @ 18 PSI. Cale have you seen this problem or BG Tech? What i am refering too is the new design, might need mine rebuilt etc....
DewRonInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #62
Tech @ BG
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
Hey I have a three year old 400-2, that puppy ain't leaking now but it has been sitting with fuel in it for three months almost as updates are done and motor is redone, as i have no leaks right now, should i buy one of the new pumps now, as mine will start leaking after sitting so long, i run mine @ 18 PSI. Cale have you seen this problem or BG Tech? What i am refering too is the new design, might need mine rebuilt etc....
If the pumps are sitting up like that and not being used even though they have fuel in them it is still a good idea to spray a little oil above the seal for start up. If you look between the motor and the bottom housing you will see a small hole there, spray the oil into that area.

Btw.. it wasn't the 400 style pumps that were redesigned , just the flow-through stuff. There is a new seal out for the 400's but as long as the old one isn't leaking no need to change them out.

Dealer Inquiries Welcome

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barry-...n/286832226874
Tech @ BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #63
DewRonInc
Smoked Another SBC

What is turn around time on a 400-2 rebuild? Seals etc....
DewRonInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #64
Bellman
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG View Post
I'll tell you what I tell those who call with high pressure and high boost applications.... I tell them up front they need to break down and spend the money for a Weldon as it will make 100psi plus and ours is not intended for that . Not everyone out there is running 25lbs of boost however.
I guess I'll be alrght with my Aeromotive.. At least their spec sheet says I should..

Thanks for your time and addressing these issues with me..

Brand Aeromotive
Manufacturer's Part Number 11102
Part Type Fuel Pumps, Electric External
Product Line Aeromotive Pro-Series Fuel Pumps
Summit Racing Part Number AEI-11102
Free Flow Rate 1,000 lbs./hr.
Maximum Pressure (psi) 120 psi
Inlet Size -12 AN
Inlet Quantity Single Inlet AttachmentFemale threads
Outlet Size -12 AN Outlet QuantitySingleOutlet AttachmentFemale threadsQuantitySold individually.
NotesIncludes -12 AN male adapters. Fully submersible for custom, in-tank placement.
Turbo 400 Tranny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-lAE..._order&list=UL
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #65
Tech @ BG
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
What is turn around time on a 400-2 rebuild? Seals etc....
They are trying to keep the standard pump and regulator repairs at 7 business days or less but right now some stuff has been taking a couple of weeks .

If it goes over 7 business days then the repair is free and there are several on this board that have had theirs sent back n/c because of this as well as just general customers that were not even aware of the policy change.

Dealer Inquiries Welcome

Old 06-02-2010, 11:23 AM   #66
Tech @ BG
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellman View Post
I guess I'll be alrght with my Aeromotive.. At least their spec sheet says I should..

Thanks for your time and addressing these issues with me..

Brand Aeromotive
Manufacturer's Part Number 11102
Part Type Fuel Pumps, Electric External
Product Line Aeromotive Pro-Series Fuel Pumps
Summit Racing Part Number AEI-11102
Free Flow Rate 1,000 lbs./hr.
Maximum Pressure (psi) 120 psi
Inlet Size -12 AN
Inlet Quantity Single Inlet AttachmentFemale threads
Outlet Size -12 AN Outlet QuantitySingleOutlet AttachmentFemale threadsQuantitySold individually.
NotesIncludes -12 AN male adapters. Fully submersible for custom, in-tank placement.
No problem. If you want to send the Sumo back attention to the tech office I'll see what was going on with it and if we can fix it or get something back to you that you can resell.

Dealer Inquiries Welcome

Old 06-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #67
Bellman
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech @ BG View Post
No problem. If you want to send the Sumo back attention to the tech office I'll see what was going on with it and if we can fix it or get something back to you that you can resell.
That sounds great.. I'll get her boxed up and shipped probably early next week..

Is there a name that I should send it in "attention to" .. I afraid if the guy I talked to on the phone gets his hands on it first.. It will sit on the shelf and collect dust.. Forever..

That reminds me of when I worked for Carter Carburator as a Quality Assurance Technician, many years ago..

If I received one of our aftermarket carbs that a customer had sent back with a complaint.. I would repair that carb to absolute perfection.. Individually flow balancing each barrel.. Putting all specs to their mean specifications.. Hand selecting all the jets, air bleeds, and metering rods.. Making it the best it can be..

Other guys would sometimes let returned carbs sit forever.. Or simply flow test them, and if they were just a lttle out of spec.. Send them back..
Turbo 400 Tranny
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-lAE..._order&list=UL
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #68
Tech @ BG
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellman View Post
That sounds great.. I'll get her boxed up and shipped probably early next week..

Is there a name that I should send it in "attention to" .. I afraid if the guy I talked to on the phone gets his hands on it first.. It will sit on the shelf and collect dust.. Forever..

That reminds me of when I worked for Carter Carburator as a Quality Assurance Technician, many years ago..

If I received one of our aftermarket carbs that a customer had sent back with a complaint.. I would repair that carb to absolute perfection.. Individually flow balancing each barrel.. Putting all specs to their mean specifications.. Hand selecting all the jets, air bleeds, and metering rods.. Making it the best it can be..

Other guys would sometimes let returned carbs sit forever.. Or simply flow test them, and if they were just a lttle out of spec.. Send them back..
Jeff handles all the pumps for me and I'll let him know its coming in.

Typically we try not to let anything collect much dust unless it comes in with no phone number or address....yeah we manage to see 1 of them a week or so.

Dealer Inquiries Welcome