Bruno Question - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Technical Section > Transmission - Hutch's Transmission Service

Transmission - Hutch's Transmission Service

Old 08-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
10.5 outlaw
Launchin

Default Bruno Question

I have an small air leak coming out of the exhaust port on my bruno unit when the trans brake is applied. I pulled the front solenoid off and there is a brass shaft a steel collar and a nylon sealing washer all connected with a bolt that slides inside the front solenoid. For those of you that have used a Bruno unit does this sound right or am I missing a piece somewhere? Thanks
10.5 outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2007, 10:23 PM   #2
buschmec
Regrouping......
Smoked another BBC

Default bad seal

call bruno, you probably dimpled the teflon with some trash, repair parts are fairly cheap.
buschmec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #3
Hutch
Smoked Another SBC

You have all the parts. Check the solenoid adjustment by applying 12V to the solenoid and winding it in until it makes contact THEN wind it in an additional 1/4 turn from there after you turn off the power and lock it down. If its in too far or out too far it will leak. If your stuck for a seal there is a farmer method that works great and you can get the seals at any hardware store. You'll need 1 1/4L flat and a 1/4L taper seat faucet washer and your better than that garbage teflon.Loctite in the screw and don't overtighten it or you will distort the seat.

Hutch
Hutch is offline   Reply With Quote