UAW Sues GM for 450 million - Page 9 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 04-09-2010, 06:12 PM   #121
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Default Re: UAW Sues GM for 450 million

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMIKE View Post
On food stamps and Government Cheese.....and it's 11% , DickFace.

Actually it's 7...unless you include the government workers (the ones that will take everything you have "earned"), then it's higher.
Mark O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #122
Mark O'Neal
Idiot Savant
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8secbird View Post
I agree,I,m one of those people that hired at GM when i was 18 worked 31 years and retired at 49 years old.....I get sick of these crybabys ,i paid my dues i busted my ass on the chain gang for 20 of those years, i hired in with people that quit,and now there bitching about auto workers Cause they couldn,t stick it out and they still have to go to work in there later years.....I wonder how many of these bussiness owners that bitch about union workers get money from a union worker? my dad was a mason worker and owner,we ate steaks in the summer and hot dogs in the winter.GM and the unions helped me put my kids through college So they wouldn,t have to be a Shop Rat or freeze in the winters and eat hot dogs!,and the only thing i have to do now is make a trip once a month to the mail box.....and read the posts that you haters write.and i know nothing last forever but i,m gonna enjoy it while i can

Not a problem with a thing you said. As long as the companies that use union labor can afford to pay the tab you all are running up I'm all for you getting everything you get.

I only have an issue when the company is bankrupt and the taxpayer is put on the hook for that money.

You know....like now.
Mark O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #123
bartolottaracing
Spooled up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark O'Neal View Post
You can vote them out.
LoL vote them out... Its that easy.right? Our local does NOT make up the rules. The international does. WE CAN NOT VOTE ON INTERNATIONAL UNION or the rules. All I was trying to say id just because people work for the UAW does not mean they r ass holes or lazy.
bartolottaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #124
8secbird
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhite View Post
That is all well and good. Now let me ask you a few questions.

Have your children become union with their college educations?

Do you think many union positons are worth the hourly wage they demand?

What do you think the main reason for off shore sourcing is in this country?

#1,No
#2,No..that also goes for salery personal
#3, Goverment (our free trade system)
8secbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #125
bartolottaracing
Spooled up

Quote:
Not a problem with a thing you said. As long as the companies that use union labor can afford to pay the tab you all are running up I'm all for you getting everything you get.

I only have an issue when the company is bankrupt and the taxpayer is put on the hook for that money.

You know....like now.

Yes the taxpayers had to put $$$ up. But GM is paying it back plus$$ THE banks got all that $$ the first time and they do not have to pay any of it back. Only on there 2nd installment, do they have to pay it back..
bartolottaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #126
redwhite
Yellowbullet Overlord
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8secbird View Post
#1,No
#2,No..that also goes for salery personal
#3, Goverment (our free trade system)
Very good.

If a salary position is in the free market how can it not be worth the wage it earns?

Deal with it.
redwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:12 PM   #127
chadman
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDA Racer View Post
Some people having been living way beyond their means for years. I'm not focusing on union workers either.
That's the truth! Everybody wants instant gratification these days. This exact problem is biting my buddy in the ass right now.
chadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:07 PM   #128
B-1Duster
Smoked another BBC

None of this pissing and moaning changes the fact that no matter how you look at it, unions keep wages up. It may not be because they are a "union" but none the less, If company "a" was paying there skilled employees 35.00 per hour, and company "b" wanted to hire some of the same skilled employees to compete in a similar marketplace, then what sets that wage? It just so happens that since Unions, when created were to protect the employees rights to earn a fair wage for work performed. If you are worth x amount of dollars, then you deserve to earn that wage. Toyota which is here in Indiana pays a pretty close scale to the GM employees. How do you think they decided to do that? Do you think they sat on the floor with there bowl of rice and looked at each other and said "ohhhh vaey goud we pay white man much much money to build our car becasue we like him"....fuck no.....they saw what is took to gain employees and had to raise there bar....fuck guys its not rocket science. we know that this shit is crooked and needs fixed, but to bash the only thing in our country that still protects some of the blue collared employees is fucking ignorant.....
B-1Duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #129
BIG CAT
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
Smoked Another SBC

lmao. makes perfect sense to poke holes in the hull of a sinking ship.
BIG CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #130
8secbird
Pullin gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhite View Post
Very good.

If a salary position is in the free market how can it not be worth the wage it earns?

Well i guess you need to ask some salary retired people that are now loseing there bennys,back in the day salary people had there own parking lot,Class A discount,GM matched there 401k $4$, every 1/4 they got a bonus,if you were a level 7 you got a free car every 6 months, a free gas card,GM paid your car insurance,level 8 was all that plus you were paid over $4000.000 per year,level 9 you got all that plus you had to suck rick wagner,s dick,funny how when obama fired rick he still got 15 million and nobody is bitching about that!....do i need to go on?
8secbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #131
TurboAWD
Banned
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolottaracing View Post
Yes the taxpayers had to put $$$ up. But GM is paying it back plus$$ THE banks got all that $$ the first time and they do not have to pay any of it back. Only on there 2nd installment, do they have to pay it back..
Paid back what? GM just posted a 4.3 Billion dollar loss since Chapter 11 and then the UAW goes and tries to sue for 430 million.

What a fucking joke.
TurboAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #132
outlaw james
Launchin

Quote:

You know....like now.
Let me tell you something ,Mouth. When I go to G.M. and Jeep I get 90% scale.So I give up money just like the UAW people have.
The work still needs done and there will be better day comming.Just keep fucking racing are american made car that the UAW first built.
outlaw james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #133
Devourment138
Smoked Another SBC

do unions support illegals in their work force?
Devourment138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #134
ctownflyer
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devourment138 View Post
do unions support illegals in their work force?
The SEIU sure seems to advocate signing them up.
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #135
ctownflyer
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolottaracing View Post
Where oh where do you see ANY evidence of GM or Chrysler being in a position to "pay" anything back????

LOOK at the losses they are sustaining. The "banks" as you call them when in reality they are investment banks (huge difference) for the most part have repaid their loans with 9% interest as a sweetener.

I didn't agree with either bailout but to compare the automakers to the investment banks is ludicrous.