Yellow Bullet Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I see a rep from Procharger is now active....

60K views 364 replies 71 participants last post by  cougarnut281 
#1 ·
Let this be the thread to explain to the general public...

1. Why there seems to be more issues all of the sudden with your blowers breaking

2. What is causing these issues

3. What has been changed at procharger to all of the sudden have these issues

4. What has been tried by procharger to rectify the problem

5. Does it look like you guys are turning the corner on getting this straightened out

#3 ·
Cool , glad to see you on here ProchargerTech and look forward to some interesting conversations. If you share some good info with us Procharger users , we in turn can use that info to run faster at the tracks better promoting your product. It is a win for everyone. I was disappointed when the owners forum you guys were planning on never came to be. But hopefully your company having feedback for us and us to you will really advance Procharger.

#4 ·
Forums are great, but then can turn bad very fast. Most companies that have forums at this point wish they didn't. (Unless its like HPTuners, or EFIlive) It can be a great resource for people to use, but then you get that "one guy" that can turn it all into a nightmare.

I personally own a large internet forum, and can understand the amount of work it takes to keep it running smoothly, so its the last thing I want to have at my "day job"

However, we do have an entirely new website waiting in the wings that is long overdue. And have talked about adapting a forum to it, not really for open discussion, but an easy way to share information, and update it quicker and faster then the website itself. First things first though, get the new website up and running.

#6 ·
I agree a forum can get ugly quick, but its also a great free medial to get out information that could keep a customer base. Simple things like 'yes we have seen X and we are doing Y to mitigate' .

#7 · (Edited)
why beat around the bush and avoid the questions???
we all want answer to the issues were having with your blower.. why are some people getting special treatment??

i think if you provide us with some insight the bashing would stop.:-kill

I also own your product and im on the edge if i want to keep it for next year or not.

#8 ·
You are certainly correct forums can be negative confrontation. I've never seen much negative about procharger until recent times. I'm a Procharger guy but some of us are having issues and we want to continue using your product with confidence. I have a blower at Procharger not rebuildable. We as racers experience cost as well. It's disappointing having to look at other avenues to reduce racing cost. Racing today is certainly pushing everything harder as times are faster than ever. I realize it's racing but passing on total cost is just pushing people away until better products can be introduced. That's my opinion thanks for listening

#10 ·
I’m usually just a “forum by-stander”, read and learn. We all know the one guy that F’s it up for everyone. Personally, I frequent the FAST tech forum and followed the advice from the experts without asking any questions on-line. My car started on the first try and runs great. BTW, the F1 sounds bitch'en.

I guess my point is that a well ran forum can be very informative and extremely helpful. It was in my case.

My 2 cents spent..

#36 · (Edited)
it would be nice if we know who this person is..for all we know it could be the lady answering the phones..
I agree, could be somebody not even associated w/ Procharger.
I have worked next to the "great" Jim Summers while he was here, and that guy is in my heart everyday. Also with Dave "W" for years and years. Everything I learned about tuning EFI starting with "classic" FAST systems, and Accel DFI came from Jim.

But anyways,

Since this is the generic "ProChargerTECH" account, that means any number of the guys can use this account and log in. Billy, Mark, Sergio, Walt, Drew, Erik, Todd, and so on..... so thus I didn't feel the need to put my NAME on each post.
My name is Erik BTW: Nice to meet ya'll. (even though I have met a great deal of ya, over the last 10+ years)

"The lady answering the phones" .... where did that even come from? LOL. :rolleyes:

#33 ·
LOL.........What the Fuck!?

I didn't start this thread to discuss what/if positive/negative impacts are imparted on a company by having its own dedicated forum. Am I back in a marketing class in college? It blows my mind that someone from procharger would post here to misdirect the thread. If you don't feel confident that the true answers to the original questions would help ease the public frustration.........don't post at all (in other words......keep with the status quo).

.......then we get into the never ending debate about advantages/disadvantages of certain power adders and their staging characteristics.

Don't mistake the above comments as anger or frustration on my part, I actually laughed when I read all of the responses since I started this thread last night.

#47 ·
The X was introduced almost 3 years ago. You have had plenty of time to make the issues better. I was told nothing was different today then when first x blowers were built other than shimming. Other racers are making claims of larger bearings and shafts in newer units. The x is awesome blower but it's using a transmission that is how old of design? When I bought my X blower I was told by procharger (Dave W) where to keep the blower in speed range. Now that blower is broke I'm told that's racing no warranty.

#48 ·
The X was introduced almost 3 years ago. You have had plenty of time to make the issues better. I was told nothing was different today then when first x blowers were built other than shimming. Other racers are making claims of larger bearings and shafts in newer units. The x is awesome blower but it's using a transmission that is how old of design? When I bought my X blower I was told by procharger (Dave W) where to keep the blower in speed range. Now that blower is broke I'm told that's racing no warranty.
We make an upgrade for the F-1X when used past the rated 1,300HP level, its called the F-1X-12 and literally ZERO failed during the 2014 season. (Actually Sean Ashe and Phil Hines never broke a F-1X all season in 2013) But anyways....

The F-1X is being used in heads up racing WELL past its design capability, and HP rating (Which is clearly stated on our website) We don't set the rules for whats legal in what class, but is pretty obvious that a few of them don't want blowers in the classes, based on the HUGE amount of gap between blower rating, and the power it takes to be competitive. If you want to run a blower with a larger transmission (which doesn't add power) just tell your rule makers.

You wouldn't run a 4L60 transmission that far past its HP rating and expect it to live. Why would a blower be any different? Sure there is a little "cushion" but depending on how the blower gets used, and how often the owner puts it into surge makes a HUGE difference on how long it will live over its rated power limit.

Anyways, Im done posting till I put up "THE BIG POST"

#43 ·
My "Holy Smokes" was in reference that I said I was going to wait a few days to let others give their .02 on the post before I put it up, out of respect to them.

And that no matter how many "WHY HAVEN"T YOU ASKED OUR QUESTIONS" posts are made in the middle of the night, we aren't even in the office to reply anyways.

So yes... Holy Smokes. :)

#61 ·
Thank you for finally joining the Procharger issues thread. Having recently purchased a procharger unit, although an older unit a D3M, I am looking forward to hearing more from the manufacturer regarding the recent perceived quality issues. While you are on the thread, could you please tell me if you guys have any information on my old dinosaur blower? The unit I believe was a back up piece and appears to be as new. It will be used mostly on the street, and some visits to the strip. Motor is a 9.5 shp dart block out to 454. Sorry for the bit of a side track from the op original post, but I am watching this thread closely also. Thanks again, and hope there will be a continued dialoge from the Procharger group.

#68 ·
Procharger tech , I have a question on your hp ratings?
So as you say it's 1300 hp blower but a combo is making 1700hp and it's well within the limits on rpm, how can that be a liability to the owner? How does the customer know it's actually rated 1300 and no more?
While your statement holds truth to a certain degree as stated hp levels but a motor making more hp within the rpm limits of the blower should see less load ? So you're saying hp kills blower quicker than rpm? Straighten me out here. Load to me is psi, as back pressure in the intake track and if a motor is taking more cfm of air the load or psi would be lower ? No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.