Anybody know what a normal testosterone score is - Page 111 - Yellow Bullet Forums

Go Back   Yellow Bullet Forums > Fire your bullets!!! > Trash Or Be Trashed

Trash Or Be Trashed Where the weak are killed and eaten!!!! Vulgar language and nudity may be enclosed!! NWS

Old 12-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #1651
chriscrna
Smoked another BBC

Default Re: Anybody know what a normal testosterone score is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Days Off View Post
Ok, 37 yo here. Been feeling generally shitty over the past 1-2 years. Was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease (sjogren's) earlier this year. I attributed my feeling shitty to the sjogrens. Started working overseas (28 days on/28 days off rotation) about 6 months ago. On my second hitch overseas I was feeling very bad. I lost about 10-12 pounds in a month, didn't have an appetite which led to no energy. Lined up a bunch of doctor visits when I got back home. A bunch of blood work was done and come to find out my testosterone level was 226. I had seen this thread previously but had ignored it until I got the test results showing low T. Damn, wish I'd read it sooner!

My days off were over before I could get a follow up with a doc. Went back to Africa to work still feeling fairly shitty. I had made some major dietary changes which helped considerably, but I still didn't have any energy. I decided to stop by a pharmacy here to see what they had, hoping for some androgel at a minimum. Turns out they had Testoviron Depot which is a mix of Testosterone-Enanthate and Testosterone-Propionate. I picked up three of the 250 mg/ml ampules and a couple syringes. The guy working at the pharmacy said to do a 500 mg shot the first time, and a 250 mg shot a week later. So, I did the 500 mg shot and let me tell you...this stuff is amazing! I felt like a new person. Well at least for a week. That first shot was on 12/2. I'm coming home from Africa 12/22, and have more follow up blood work scheduled for 12/23. I wasn't planning on using the second shot as I didn't want to skew my blood work. After day 9, I was back to feeling shitty. That evening I took the second shot, 250 mg. That was last Wednesday, 12/11. Back to feeling good again.

My question is, how long after an injection does it take for it's effects to wear off to where my T levels will show low again in the blood work? It was noticeable how I began to feel shitty by days 8 and 9 after the injection. I'm assuming if that's the case my T levels had dropped back to being low? I want to get a prescription for T from my doc, so I obviously need my blood work to show that my T levels are low. I'd rather not tell my doc that I self administered T while in Africa. While I think that was a perfectly fine decision, I think he may question my judgement. Is it likely that the effects of the T injection will show in my blood work that I'm supposed to get done 12/23? Should I put it off a week?
I would wait another week. I can elevate your T for at least 14 days even if you don't feel it. If you get on T injections split your 2 week dose up and take half every 7 days. Some people have to split it into 1/3rd's and take every 4-5 days to avoid the crash

Mustang and 4th Gen Camaro chassis super store!!!!! 870-761-3238/761-5291
Home of the BMF strutless wing. Not only do we stand behind our product we also stand on it.
Call for pics and prices. Our website is currently FUBAR'D Sorry and please be patient. Here is a temporary site for wing and cage pics.
www.miawings.com
chriscrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #1652
Zeake
Smoked another BBC

I had my test checked last week along with cholesterol. My test, serum says 560. My Free testosterone (direct) says 8.3 and low. Any one know what that means. I have had no drive lately. No urge to do anything. Sex drive is fine. I was just Sunday telling my wife that twice a week was not even close to enough. Thoughts anyone?
Zeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #1653
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96grimreaper View Post
Just read though all the information, and it's great being able to read first hand information from those that are dealing with low test.

Little back story, I have been dealing with gout for the last few years and the occasional kidney stones. Big ol' bastards that were bringing me to my knees. My family doctor recommended I go see the urologist. Got that situation under control after multiple blood tests and jugs full of urine. While I was there on my last consultation I asked him about low testosterone, he said he'd test for it.

Got a call back from the nurse today and she said my results were 220 and normal tests should be from 190-1200. The blood was taken around 10am and my peak levels should be in the early morning (3am) I explained to her my 3 am is about 9-10 am due to my normal work schedule working a late second shift. She began asking if I've ever been on any testosterone supplementation, when I told her no she seemed a bit concerned. She said she would take the info directly to the dr and get me back in for the other tests, ie: prostate cancer and white blood cell count.

Now, I'm 29 and I'll be 30 in February. 6'1, 275lbs, work out heavy 4 days a week and cardio (sprints, not distance) 3 days a week. Always been an avid lifter since high school. I eat clean with the exception of the cheat meals occasionally. The last year my sex drive has plummeted even with a gorgeous 23 year old fiance that wants sex every waking minute. Don't have any issues performing, just don't want it like I used to. My workouts have been suffering, figured I hit a plateau, no energy and little to no gains, but never could get over it. Increased depression type feelings but I was chalking that up to long hours at work (I am an LEO for a small dept and spend a lot of time on call as a supervisor) dealing with wedding plans and house shopping. I didn't think at my age I should be feeling this way.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to add for information and support more or less. The Dr scared the fiance when he mentioned the possible fertility issues since kids are the plan in a couple years. After reading online for several hours, her concerns have been alleviated a bit in that area. I kicked around the idea of going underground several times but don't want to risk losing my career so I'm hoping my Dr is good to me here.

I know lots of cops who use full-on cycles. It is good to get a low test baseline established so you have something to fall back on if a worst case scenario arises.
bobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #1654
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHI View Post
Thats what my urologist has me on now 50mg clomid every other day. He was concerned my levels were low at 179, 219 and am 39 yrs old...he said injections are his last resort since they shrink the testicals so much, and that in many cases doing a stint of clomid is enougj to kick start the part of the brain that controls testosterone output. Hes doing a 3 month trial which january will be the end of the cycle so he can run more blood and revaluate. I had blood drawn last month and was upto 440 but still didnt feel any better than i normally do. Been working out again 5days a week so hoping between all thats going on eventually ill get to feeling better

It will kick start a normal production if your system is operational just suppressed due to a long gear cycle. I wouldn't use it for low T in any other circumstance.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #1655
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 bird View Post
Got anything to back that up? I don't know of any side effects (For men) that would be a concern.
Clomid was designed for ovarian stimulation in women who are unable to get pregnant.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #1656
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
He said he's had "numerious patients" that after being on Clomid for 3,6,12 months it kicks starts the brain and it will begin to take over duties on it's own again...the part that sucks is this long wait since depending on the blood I get drawn next month will he continue the clomid for another 3 months to see what happens or will he take me off it for 3 months to see what happens and then decide on a new road..

Sucks because like most men I'm impatient and I want "fixed" now, so playing this waiting game really sucks LOL. The part that has me slapping my forehead, 39 isn't old, but i'm not a kid anymore either and every year T production will diminish, just biological fact..so why not just nip this shit in the bud now, start pinning and be done. Seems to me we're wasting time experimenting with clomid for a short term result that isn't leaving me feeling any better than I have been for yrs.

Your doctor shouldn't be in the hormone replacement business. The reason your test is low probably won't be corrected by Clomid use. Any success will be short lived.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #1657
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badbird View Post
I do what I want!!!

When she is not home.
Because you are a bad-ass MOFO.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #1658
gwcamaro
Burnout box

Just diagnosed with sleep apnea. Anyone see their T levels go up after using the sleep machine?
gwcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #1659
UJUSTLOST
Smoked another BBC

Update on my HRT:
I have been on Testopel now for 2 months. I rarely get tired anymore in the middle of the day, my appetite is uncontrollable, I have made huge strength gains (benched 315 for 3 unassisted which is a lot for me) and I have a seriously strong libido. The uncontrollable appetite is an issue because not only have a had muscle gains, I have gained fat and a good bit of it at that. I am making some dietary changes starting tomorrow. I am hoping with the added muscle I will be able to trim right down by eating right. I hope I can keep the appetite in check by eating right and drinking a ton of water.

I go for another blood test later this month and then an office visit to discuss my results and get new pellets inserted in February. I was sore for about a week after the first round of pellets, I expect the same thing this time. The only other thing I need to ask my doctor about is fertility. The wife and I want to start trying to have children, I have read that HRT reduces fertility in men. If that is the case, I need to do something so I can have children. I will see what the doctor says.

I will report what my testosterone levels were in November (1 month after pellet insertion) and January (3 months after pellet insertion). I can say that I feel great and feel strong as an ox.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #1660
IHI
Smoked Another SBC

Went and did my 3 month check up today, doc pulled me over to his monitor and said look...I said what, my level dropped since last month and is still low overall.

"no, your right where you need to be, this is perfect"

so why do I still feel like dog shit and have the same symptoms of low t that I came to see you about in the first place...well you shouldn't, you should feel good.

So asked what my estrogen levels have been since in the past month my back has broken out terribly...we don't check estrogen since that naturally goes up with testosterone.

Levels by past 3 months
1. 210- base line before meeting urologist
2. 410- after 2 months on 50mg Clomid EOD
3. 396- after 3rd month on 50mg Clomid EOD

Anyhow, got home and called family doc, go to talk with him next wed and see about getting referred to somebody different/second opinion. My spidey senses haven't been good with this doc since my first meeting with him, and now with the answers I got today, I don't feel he's the guy to work with me. As of now he wants me to STOP taking the Clomid for the next 2 months to see if the last 3 months were enough to "jump start my brain" into producing on it's own.

I get the a-b-a testing to pin point the problem and long term solution...but I don't like they're not monitoring all levels in my blood regarding test and estrogen, and I don't like how I should be feeling better, when I don't and he pretty much has stated injections aren't even an option...I'd just a soon experiment with dosages by pinning to find a level I feel good at, and then maintain that level vs being stuck where I'm at and feeling like blah.
1/4mi. 10.36 @ 130mph N/A
68 camaro 9.60 n/a pump gas

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...oshmeighan.mp4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JztOrxEC1R8
Web[/URL]

Last edited by IHI; 01-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.
IHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #1661
jjohnson
Smoked another BBC

All I can say is life is good since I started TRT. Dr. took me from 200 mg per week to 100 mg...not liking that so much and we will discuss it at my next visit. My level was just under 600 right before X-mass when I got tested. At 200, I was great no issues at all, at 100 its better then when I didn't have anything but no where near as good as 200. Also, Im still in the gym and making some really good gains...at least for me. I have to make myself stop lifting and leave the gym. Its like when I was a wrestler in school, I never got tired or wore out...not even a little bit. Also, the wife doesn't know if she hates it or loves it..... Another huge goal reached, I have been stuck at 18 1/2 in arms for what seams like forever. I am now a solid 19" bicep owner before pump and yes, my arms are pretty freaking solid. No major fat loss yet but I know it takes time, Im just surprised at the gains Ive made in only 2 months on a medical dose. Here is my lift today.

Chest day today.

Treadmill for 10 min for a warm up followed by stretching.

Flat bench as follows
135 x20 Warm up
135 x20 Warm up
225 x15 Warm up
315 x10 Warm up
405 x3
405 x3
405 x2
405 x2
405 x1
385 x3
365 x5
315 x13
315 x12

I use to only do 405-425 for 1 rep sets but only after 2 months on TRT and keeping my diet its getting better. I think I had 4 reps in me with the heavy weight but sold myself short.

Incline bench (barbell) I hate this most of all, always hurts my shoulders and makes them feel like they are going to pop out of socket.
275 x10
225 x10
225 x10
135 x10

Shoulder started cramping after the last 225 set so I called it a day and didn't go for heavy incline D-bell press Noramlly I do 3-4 sets of 8+ with 130 and 140 lb dumbbells. Finished with several sets of slow and controlled D-bell flies......I hate D-bell flies. I really prefer cable flies, I can go a ton more weight and a lot more reps and sets. Also I feel the pump way more with cables on this one.....

Called it a day and had some protein. I need to get someone to start videoing this so I can post it up. Then the you tube trolls can all bust my balls about how weak and little I am

I had to laugh, I actually had a guy come up to me at the gym and ask what I was on..........Thats awesome.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" John 15:13.........The American Soldier!

Thanks to my sponsors:
Don West, www.westracingheads.com
ARC, www.autorod.net
AFCO Radiators, www.afabcorp.com
Josh, www.sweetsofas.com
victory 1 valves, www.titaniumvalve.com
The Fab shop custom headers, www.fabshopheaders.com

jjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #1662
bobr
Smoked Another SBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson View Post
All I can say is life is good since I started TRT. Dr. took me from 200 mg per week to 100 mg...not liking that so much and we will discuss it at my next visit. My level was just under 600 right before X-mass when I got tested. At 200, I was great no issues at all, at 100 its better then when I didn't have anything but no where near as good as 200. Also, Im still in the gym and making some really good gains...at least for me. I have to make myself stop lifting and leave the gym. Its like when I was a wrestler in school, I never got tired or wore out...not even a little bit. Also, the wife doesn't know if she hates it or loves it..... Another huge goal reached, I have been stuck at 18 1/2 in arms for what seams like forever. I am now a solid 19" bicep owner before pump and yes, my arms are pretty freaking solid. No major fat loss yet but I know it takes time, Im just surprised at the gains Ive made in only 2 months on a medical dose. Here is my lift today.

Chest day today.

Treadmill for 10 min for a warm up followed by stretching.

Flat bench as follows
135 x20 Warm up
135 x20 Warm up
225 x15 Warm up
315 x10 Warm up
405 x3
405 x3
405 x2
405 x2
405 x1
385 x3
365 x5
315 x13
315 x12

I use to only do 405-425 for 1 rep sets but only after 2 months on TRT and keeping my diet its getting better. I think I had 4 reps in me with the heavy weight but sold myself short.

Incline bench (barbell) I hate this most of all, always hurts my shoulders and makes them feel like they are going to pop out of socket.
275 x10
225 x10
225 x10
135 x10

Shoulder started cramping after the last 225 set so I called it a day and didn't go for heavy incline D-bell press Noramlly I do 3-4 sets of 8+ with 130 and 140 lb dumbbells. Finished with several sets of slow and controlled D-bell flies......I hate D-bell flies. I really prefer cable flies, I can go a ton more weight and a lot more reps and sets. Also I feel the pump way more with cables on this one.....

Called it a day and had some protein. I need to get someone to start videoing this so I can post it up. Then the you tube trolls can all bust my balls about how weak and little I am

I had to laugh, I actually had a guy come up to me at the gym and ask what I was on..........Thats awesome.

You really don't have to get T from a doctor. The ones that are doing this are too conservative imo. I'd say that 200/week is a good start. Anything less is not enough.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #1663
mrsbadbird
Jesus Built My Hotrod.
Smoked another BBC

Quote:
Went and did my 3 month check up today, doc pulled me over to his monitor and said look...I said what, my level dropped since last month and is still low overall.

"no, your right where you need to be, this is perfect"

so why do I still feel like dog shit and have the same symptoms of low t that I came to see you about in the first place...well you shouldn't, you should feel good.

So asked what my estrogen levels have been since in the past month my back has broken out terribly...we don't check estrogen since that naturally goes up with testosterone.

Levels by past 3 months
1. 210- base line before meeting urologist
2. 410- after 2 months on 50mg Clomid EOD
3. 396- after 3rd month on 50mg Clomid EOD

Anyhow, got home and called family doc, go to talk with him next wed and see about getting referred to somebody different/second opinion. My spidey senses haven't been good with this doc since my first meeting with him, and now with the answers I got today, I don't feel he's the guy to work with me. As of now he wants me to STOP taking the Clomid for the next 2 months to see if the last 3 months were enough to "jump start my brain" into producing on it's own.

I get the a-b-a testing to pin point the problem and long term solution...but I don't like they're not monitoring all levels in my blood regarding test and estrogen, and I don't like how I should be feeling better, when I don't and he pretty much has stated injections aren't even an option...I'd just a soon experiment with dosages by pinning to find a level I feel good at, and then maintain that level vs being stuck where I'm at and feeling like blah.
No offense but Bob R. was right in his earlier posts. That's not what Clomid is for, and not even what it's used for on the black market, and won't "jump start" anything. The principle of "negative feedback" says that, basically, you have to be making (or using) enough testosterone for your body to produce enough estrogen...to need Clomid. This is of course if you don't have a tumor or some other type of endocrine pathology. Further lowering your estrogen levels might make you feel a little better, but absolutely won't encourage an increase in testosterone production.
Dude is a quack, and I'll bet you money your family doc will look at 396 and tell you you're just fine.

Last edited by mrsbadbird; 01-10-2014 at 08:34 PM.
mrsbadbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #1664
THE HOGG
Launchin

My doc lets me keep mine right at 900 and that seems to be perfect for me. It took a while to find where I felt best but he worked with me. He was the third doc though, but the first one that is an endo. I have noticed in here a lot of people saying to inject once a week though and am curious as to why only once a week?
THE HOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:50 PM   #1665
Grego
Burnout box

On 160mg test per week and levels at start were 181 now at 710 and feel great.
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote