Yellow Bullet Forums banner

All Motor Rules presentation by Brain Wolfe

7K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  Jim Filipowski 
#1 ·
I was asked to share this.... It was created by Brian and presented at the 2016 rules meeting last Sunday.

**I am only sharing this. I don't share the same opinion. Don't shoot the messenger**

See less See more
#14 ·
so what does that have to do with anything? 4.840 is stock bore space on a chevy. you want a stock bore space engine that is 4.900 build a ford. but it is fucked up to act like there is some sort of equivalency between the 2. if you run a chevy based engine with b.s. larger than 4.840 it has to become "other than stock", just because the ford comes 4.900 is totally irrelevant.

#15 ·
disagree also…
We now have "adjusted" ets… by density altitude and don't use real numbers that have been run on the race track,…racing on paper now.
sounds like someone "engineered" these proposed changes. Someone needs to grow a pair and make changes based on race track performances,…factual info/data.

#16 ·
So 4.9 takes nothing , 5.0 nothing, 5.1, 5.2 nothing ? But 5.3 takes 50. Fuck me. Total bull shit. And ANY size throttle body is s total billshit too. SB gets hit for .040 over on bore space but the BB gets .360 for free, fuck off.
Absolutely no logic in some of these rules, cars are dropping out because of it to.

#22 ·
LOL, oh this post made me laugh! I know it wasn't meant to be funny, sorry.

#17 ·
Why is wolfs 187 mph run and multiple 185+ mph runs not in there or at least a consideration, i find it funny that the car comes out the first few times and kicks out that kind of mph, but the 60 ft is lacking cuz new combo, but then next year the car 60s good but runs the same ET but "some how" lost 6+ mph. How does that happen? If we are gona talk rules lets at least be frickin real !

#30 ·
Not much talk about AM . Getting the feeling nobody cares that much what they do to the rules. I am finding myself drifting that way on the class as well. I was going to post up a bunch of math supporting my opinions on different combos a wile ago but i guess i just dont care that much and im sure no one wants to listen anyway, at least not the people that pull the strings.

#32 · (Edited)
It was a nice presentation, better than anyone else's. Probably because nobody else did one. If anyone should be crunching the data it should be Milan Dragway Rules Comittee.

That being said, Brian's presentation had flawed data, which we all know creates : "Bad data in equals bad data out".

I'll give one quick example because it's the only one I'm 100% sure of and would never try to create a fact from speculation.

My "yellow line" (combination is competitive, individual is not) is flawed in several ways.

First, it puts my combination line on line with Butch's combination.

Brian thought Butch had a stretched carb (+ weight) and my car had stock suspension (- weight). When in fact, Butch had "standard carb" and I had "standard" ladder bars. Our cars were in theory the same race weight.

Also, Butch runs splayed valve heads, while I ran inline valve heads. That's the equivalent of David & Alex running at the "standard" Big Block weights.

I bet that would have moved David to the "yellow stripe" category and made Alex's stripe an even brighter shade of yellow.

It will be interesting when the rules come out in a couple wee....wait, what.....????:confused:

#35 ·
It's great to see the open communication, promotion, and enthusiasm for the class by the governing body(s) on the racing scene as a whole. (sarcasm) It's a shame actually. The class had the potential to become a huge success, at a national level. 2 years ago we had full fields and the class had spectator and racer momentum even as the ET climbed deep into the 7's. People around the nation were paying attention, rumors of future builds all while knowing the direction it was going. It was exciting to watch unfold.

Today, there is nothing going on openly to capitalize on the foundation it created. Little to zero promotion. Lack luster rule enforcement and direction. No serious respect for the million+ dollars combined investment by the racers. No enthusiasm to push the class into success by the owner of the class. The class is winding down and not due to anything but lack of excitement and again, promotion.

I have paid my dues in terms of many hours of my life invested in this class with passion to be able to speak up, along with other racers to say I am very disappointed in the organizational methods of running this particular class.

If the class dies off it will not be the fault of performance level.

The racers had a great thing going and it was going to take a savvy rule committee to harness it, and an enthusiastic promoter to grow it and create confidence in the very large monetary investment. The short success we seen doesn't always happen and it sure doesn't happen over night. Once it slips, there's little chance of recovery.

This post isn't to accuse, offend, or stir shit. I am a heavily invested person who has great concern for what my points above describe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.