Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Mozez heads?

21K views 117 replies 37 participants last post by  Billyman 
#1 ·
For those with mozez heads, how long did it take for you to receive them? A few weeks? A few months? Etc....

Thanks.

#15 ·
I just told a customer "Two weeks".... if ya cant beat um, join um.

#17 ·
Mark told me about a new head from All pro, 12-2, 12 degree heads, raised runner, 1" thick deck, 330cc oval port, 120cc exhaust port, 440cfm intake, 290 cfm exhaust. I think I read that they are around 4800 for a set complete setup for a solid roller and titanium/inconel valves.

#19 ·
All pro has good stuff also, just dont think you will be able to get it fast either.

Still going to wait on RHS block, heads , pistons, crank and intake.... no matter who you get them from.
Build a BBC if you dont want to wait. :)
From what Kurt has said the delivery times for the All Pro stuff is 2 weeks to your door from time of order.

#22 ·
Has anyone got a set of the Edelbrock canted valve heads on a running car yet?

#26 ·
Edelbrock heads.....

And the new All Pro RR is ready to roll. Richard's shop is down the street from me and I saw them in person.

and we have had mozes heads for over a year. being done and being shipped is 2 different things.

#33 ·
Sweet!! I just read this this whole thread and found out were not perfect!! I guess we can join all the other companys out there now. It takes time to create and manufacture a part whether its a bracket or a cylinder head. Tell me a company that does not test the market with a press release or a post in a forum to see what the demand might be. Sorry fellas' we do the best we can and if you want to kick someone in the balls, kick mine. Chris and the guys down at Mast can only go by what we give them on delivery times, they are extremely busy guys and have been expanding their sales staff to accomodate increased sales. We not only support the retail market but we also support their engine programs down at Mast, which more than doubles what we need to put out. We don't build cheap crap and it takes time to do it right. We hope to see things catch up over the next few months so we can have instant delivery. Until then, we will fill orders as quick as we can. BTW, for what its worth, I did not even start making patterns for the Mozez heads until after the Edelbrock canted race head made it debut at the PRI/Sema show. Since then we have sold 47 sets of mozez heads. None of them have had any issues and all have performed real well. Not pickin' on Edelbrock at all, but during the Performance Induction days, It was myself and one other employee working two shifts and produced an average of 4 finished sets of heads per day. Gooday

Cary

#37 ·
Sweet!! I just read this this whole thread and found out were not perfect!! I guess we can join all the other companys out there now. It takes time to create and manufacture a part whether its a bracket or a cylinder head. Tell me a company that does not test the market with a press release or a post in a forum to see what the demand might be. Sorry fellas' we do the best we can and if you want to kick someone in the balls, kick mine. Chris and the guys down at Mast can only go by what we give them on delivery times, they are extremely busy guys and have been expanding their sales staff to accomodate increased sales. We not only support the retail market but we also support their engine programs down at Mast, which more than doubles what we need to put out. We don't build cheap crap and it takes time to do it right. We hope to see things catch up over the next few months so we can have instant delivery. Until then, we will fill orders as quick as we can. BTW, for what its worth, I did not even start making patterns for the Mozez heads until after the Edelbrock canted race head made it debut at the PRI/Sema show. Since then we have sold 47 sets of mozez heads. None of them have had any issues and all have performed real well. Not pickin' on Edelbrock at all, but during the Performance Induction days, It was myself and one other employee working two shifts and produced an average of 4 finished sets of heads per day. Gooday

Cary

Cary,
You guys have always made an awesome product even though it was sometimes a painful process to get. We are all grown men here and we can handle the truth. If the heads are going to take 1,2,3,4,5,6 months to get than just say so. Dont sugar coat it with the normal 2-4 week bullshit. The Mozez heads are some bad ass pieces but I know I am not the only one that has been fustrated with the wait/process.

#41 · (Edited)
And as a consumer, I'd rather hear, look its going to take 6-8 weeks and get them early.

Maybe a feeble attempt to understand time line......

For a set of cylinder heads to take 6 months......
- a month consisting of 20 work days
- figuring 4 sets of cylinder heads per day
- does this mean that you had 400 orders of cylinder heads that you had to complete before the heads were in the machine/assembly que?

#42 ·
Not trying to bust your nuts but alot of companies make other products other than just one. Poke around their website and see all the different parts that they make.

Being on all sides, manufacturing, sales and even consumer. Sometimes things take longer than they should, production delay, down machines, contributing parts not showing up it all adds up. Not to sure what you do for a living but stuff like that will make you pull your fricking hair out.

#44 ·
I got one of the first few sets of Mozez heads produced back in the fall of 2010. I did have to wait a while to get them but I was never told "two weeks." I just want to say thanks Cary for all that you have done, are doing, and will do in the future. You make great products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.