Yellow Bullet Forums banner

RENEGADE NEWS UPDATE

71K views 1K replies 74 participants last post by  racingtrans 
#1 ·
SPONSORS/MARKETING NEWS: We are working hard at securing some new partners and maintaining many of existing sponsors for 2011. We've had a few racers adding event specific cash incentives and 'grudge race' offers for fellow racers. Details to be announced.

CLASS NEWS: We are hosting 3 classes for 2011; our original 8.90 index, a 10.50 index and an OUTLAW LIMITED STREET Class (Milan's OLS Rules, 1/8 mile)

RACE SCHEDULE NEWS: We should have a schedule from Thompson Raceway in "about a week".

WINTER GET TOGETHER: We are organizing a date, once a date is selected we'll need a head count for attendance.

T-SHIRTS/STICKERS: We have a silk screener for t-shirts in-place, we're waiting for a possible sponsors additions. Stickers - nothing new.

#15 ·
We need a thread that sticks with the topic. We show sponsors the links that talk about classes or show pics of our cars. The last one started out fine but all our "desperate housewives" turned it to a bitch slap contest. Lets see if this one can stay focused on the business of the Renegade Racing Assoc?

#18 ·
This is great news that we are part of a growing series, I'm glad to hear that Outlaw Limited Street is a GO! I think 8.90 will have a full field most races so I will concentrate on running OLS to help build that class, its more what I'm used to running anyways, I have a real hard time getting my junk slowed to 8.90 even on motor. Should be a great year of racing at Thompson, thanks to all the guys that put in many hours of hard work to get this series off the ground.

#30 · (Edited)
Milans OLS rules,
1/8 Mile, Heads Up, .400 Pro Tree, 32 Car Field, Sportsman Ladder, Lane choice goes to higher qualifier first round, and then the faster car from previous round.
Rear Tires
29.5" x 10.5 non W or 315 drag radial or smaller
Front Chassis/Suspension
Stock front frame rails and suspension required. Aftermarket control arms and bushings allowed as long as they bolt in stock locations. Rack and pinion steering allowed. Aftermarket coil over shocks allowed and aftermarket direct replacement struts are allowed, but must bolt in stock location.
Aftermarket bolt in sub-frame allowed. Must bolt in unaltered stock OEM mounting locations. OEM suspension configuration required. These bolt on subframes must be from a manufacturer with designated company part numbers and must be produced for the vehicle they were designed for from the manufacturer.
Rear Chassis/Suspension
Any type rear suspension allowed. Firewall must be retained and in stock location.
Engine
Any engine combination allowed. Motor plates and solid mounts allowed. Mufflers required for all cars except turbocharged entries. All nitrous bottles to be safety vented pop off to outside the vehicle.
Transmission
Any type automatic or OEM manual transmission allowed.
Weights
SB/BB N/A No Weight Limit
SB NOS 2500 lbs
BB NOS 3100 lbs
SB Turbo 3100 lbs
SB Twins Supercharger/Turbos 3150 lbs
SB Supercharger 3100 lbs
BB Supercharger 3200 lbs
BB Single Turbo 3200 lbs
BB Twins Supercharger/Turbos 3250 lbs
Leaf Springs - Subtract 100lbs

I think the weight should be 3000# across the board for simplicity , just my 2cents.

#31 ·
Milans OLS rules,
1/8 Mile, Heads Up, .400 Pro Tree, 32 Car Field, Sportsman Ladder, Lane choice goes to higher qualifier first round, and then the faster car from previous round.
Rear Tires
29.5" x 10.5 non W or 315 drag radial or smaller
Front Chassis/Suspension
Stock front frame rails and suspension required. Aftermarket control arms and bushings allowed as long as they bolt in stock locations. Rack and pinion steering allowed. Aftermarket coil over shocks allowed and aftermarket direct replacement struts are allowed, but must bolt in stock location.
Aftermarket bolt in sub-frame allowed. Must bolt in unaltered stock OEM mounting locations. OEM suspension configuration required. These bolt on subframes must be from a manufacturer with designated company part numbers and must be produced for the vehicle they were designed for from the manufacturer.
Rear Chassis/Suspension
Any type rear suspension allowed. Firewall must be retained and in stock location.
Engine
Any engine combination allowed. Motor plates and solid mounts allowed. Mufflers required for all cars except turbocharged entries. All nitrous bottles to be safety vented pop off to outside the vehicle.
Transmission
Any type automatic or OEM manual transmission allowed.
Weights
SB/BB N/A No Weight Limit
SB NOS 2500 lbs
BB NOS 3100 lbs
SB Turbo 3100 lbs
SB Twins Supercharger/Turbos 3150 lbs
SB Supercharger 3100 lbs
BB Supercharger 3200 lbs
BB Single Turbo 3200 lbs
BB Twins Supercharger/Turbos 3250 lbs
Leaf Springs - Subtract 100lbs

I think the weight should be 3000# across the board for simplicity , just my 2cents.

it is a very competitive class up there. watched and ran it. great both ways. 1/8mi is absolutely the way to go. cant wait!

#32 ·
Tom, i might be interested in doing some sponsorship for the class

please give me a call at my shop to discuss it further

Bob :smt023

Bobs Performance Fabrication LLC
419-927-4570 9 am to 8 pm

#34 ·
I'm with a few others, if the 8.90 deal needs cars, I'll run motor and try to run that number. If it is a full field, I may spray the crap outta the car and try to run some low 5's in the 1/8 to run OLS. Either way will be alot of fun. Don't worry, I'm 99% sure that the car is getting a wider rearend housing and smaller tires for next year!

#36 ·
NEW SPONSOR NEWS

CHUMLEY MOTORSPORTS http://chumleymotorsportsohio.com/ has signed on to be a partner AND a 2 car participant in the 2011 racing season. CHUMLEY MOTORSPORTS is a successful custom automotive repair/service/upgrade facility located at 6470 Belmont Ave. in Girard, Ohio. You can expect full dearship service from ASE certified automotive technicians without the high price. From an oil change to a suspension change CHUMLEY MOTORSPORTS has you covered. Check out the website or call Tim Chumley 330-501-0781 for additional details or to schedule an appointment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.