Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Big Tire Outlaws Live Results Thread - BEGINS AT 11am

10K views 116 replies 27 participants last post by  Lightning Ralph 
#1 ·
Live from Raceway Park, I will be providing live updates and notes of all the action in between taking my videos.

Coverage begins at or around 11am.

#3 ·
Round 1 Qualifying Results

Left: Rick Righter - 8.329/177.79 (Now #1)
Right: Richard Scioscia - 10.095/89.30 (Now #2)

This pair did not go down side by side, Righter lit both beams before Richard pre-staged (Courtesy Staging is in effect) and the light went green for Righter, launched good, but bogged at 60 ft. Still went through ok. Scioscia was restaged up and made a move towards the wall and clicked it early.

Left: Jimmy Reutter - 10.194/133.34 (Now #3)
Right: Ray DeAngelis - 12.509/116.24 (Now #4)

0 for 2 here, Reutter headed towards the Centerline and DeAngelis blew the tires off at the hit.

Left: John Schroeder - 7.353/190.70 (Now #2)
Right: John Cerbone - 7.226/196.39 (Now #1)

Now we're talking! Both go down on a great side by side pass with Cerbone's Camaro going to the top of the field.

Left: Mitch George - 7.300/190.22 (Now #2)
Right: Bruce Blair - 9.045/157.85 (Now #5)

George in Jack Boer's Monte Carlo with a new motor and fresh paint. Blair had just made it into the lanes. Great run out the box for George and Jack to put them second.

After 1 Round of Qualifying;

1. John Cerbone 7.226/196.39
2. Mitch George 7.300/190.22
3. John Schroeder 7.353/190.70
4. Rick Righter 8.329/177.79
5. Bruce Blair 9.045/157.85
6. Richard Scioscia 10.095/89.30
7. Jimmy Reutter 10.194/133.34
8. Ray DeAngelis 12.509/116.24

#5 ·
Round 2 Qualifying Results

Left: Ray DeAngelis - 7.739/181.42 (Now #4, Was #8, 12.509/116.24)
Right: Rick Righter - 8.228/177.00 (Now #5, Was #5, 8.329/177.79

On DeAngelis's first run, his vision was affected due to sweat getting into his eyes and burning them. This time he improves and gets off the Bump Spot, Righter improves by a tenth although his spun the tires off the line.

Left: John Cerbone - 7.249/195.19 (Now #1, Was #1, 7.226/196.39)
Right: Tom Tarsia - 8.221/143.76 (Now #5, No Prior Run)

Tarsia did not make a run in the first session so this will be his only qualifying hit. He made a move close to the centerline at the top end but did not cross it so he's in. Another consistent run for Cerbone although no improvement.

Left: Bruce Blair - 8.732/171.29 (Now #7, Was #7, 9.045/157.85)
Right: John Schroeder - 7.392/189.52 (Now #3, Was #3, 7.353/190.70)

Blair improves a little but is still not safe with 2 cars left who can bump him out. Schroeder like Cerbone didn't improve although his run was also consistent.

Left: Richard Scioscia - 7.737/179.02 (Now #4, Was #8, 10.095/89.30)

Scioscia gets off the bump and puts himself in the top half of the field.

Right: Jimmy Reutter - 7.987/179.06 (Now #6, Was #9, 10.194/133.34)

Reutter was the lone driver not qualified. He gets it in the 7s and will run in eliminations.

That's it for qualifying, here is the final order and first round pairings;

1. John Cerbone 7.226/196.39
2. Mitch George 7.300/190.22
3. John Schroeder 7.353/190.70
4. Richard Scioscia 7.737/179.02
5. Ray DeAngelis 7.739/181.42
6. Jimmy Reutter 7.987/179.06
7. Tom Tarsia 8.221/143.76
8. Rick Righter 8.228/177.00

Did Not Qualify
Bruce Blair 8.732/171.29

1. John Cerbone
8. Rick Righter

4. Richard Scioscia
5. Ray DeAngelis

2. Mitch George
7. Tom Tarsia

3. John Schroeder
6. Jimmy Reutter

#8 ·
First Round Results

Left: #5 Ray DeAngelis - 8.081/171.64 (.095)
Right: #4 Richard Scioscia - 7.794/179.30 (.079) *WINNER*

Little wiggle down low for DeAngelis, Scioscia cruises on through for the win never trailing.

Left: #6 Jimmy Reutter - 15.708/54.25 (.112)
Right: #3 John Schroeder - 7.812/178.24 (.038 ) *WINNER*

Tricky track takes another victim as Reutter tried to go after it with no avail. Schroeder takes the win off his consistency pace from qualifying.

Left: #8 Rick Righter - 8.492/179.21 (.209)
Right: #1 John Cerbone - 7.464/184.70 (.053) *WINNER*

Righter for the 3rd time blew the tires off, Cerbone made a hard move towards the wall, thus affecting his ET a little.

Left: #2 Mitch George - 7.291/184.30 (.081)
Right: #7 Tom Tarsia - 6.898/205.51 (.148 ) *WINNER*

Both drivers only made 1 qualifying run, George opted out of the 2nd qualifying session. Poor George, six hundredths better out of the gate, best run of the weekend and has nothing to show for. Worst of all for him, Tarsia hits the sixes at 200+.

Semi Final Pairings

1. John Cerbone
4. Richard Scioscia

7. Tom Tarsia
3. John Schroeder

Cerbone and Tarsia both have lane choice in their respective pairs.

#9 ·
Semi Finals Results

Left: #3 John Schroeder - 7.391/192.19 (.121) *WINNER*
Right : #7 Tom Tarsia - Broke

From hero to zero, Tarsia's Camaro won't fire under the tower, Schroeder solos on to the final going back to his 7.30s routine.

Left: #1 John Cerbone 7.565/180.21 (.154) *WINNER*
Right: #4 Richard Scioscia 9.531/99.53 (.043)

Can you say "wacky?" Cerbone's car is a little late on firing up and apparently staying fired for a moment, Green lights and both of them were going left, Scioscia towards the centerline and Cerbone towards the wall. In the end Cerbone gets the win and gives up lane choice to Schroeder in the final.

Final Round Match-up

#1 John Cerbone Vs #3 John Schroeder

Schroeder with Lane Choice.

#10 ·
Cerbone had a burst panel unknowingly blow out the previous round which affected the car wanting to run properly.

Both racers are under the tower for the final now, should be a good final. Schroeder stepping on the tune a bit and Cerbone at full strength. First final 2011!

#12 ·
First Ever Big Tire Outlaw Final

Left: John Schroeder 7.363/191.32 (.031) *WINNER*
Right: John Cerbone 7.343/193.79 (.062)

What a great way to crown the first ever Big Tire Winner, side by side and Schroeder wins it on a holeshot. Margin of Victory .011.

Congratulations to John Schroeder and team, the first ever Big Tire Outlaws winner.

That's coverage from RP, See everybody on August 21st for the next Big Tire Outlaws event!

#14 ·
140* track temp i recorded at one time. :rolleyes:. 3000D.A. Had a great time, alittle hot, lol. We got some new data today to work with. Great job guys.
Congradulations Schroeder, nice light!!! RD

#15 ·
140* track temp i recorded at one time. :rolleyes:. 3000D.A. Had a great time, alittle hot, lol. We got some new data today to work with. Great job guys.
Congradulations Schroeder, nice light!!! RD
Great final, .011 MOV. Definitely some challenging conditions. You run a class operation. It's o.k. if you wanna take the weight sticker off for the next cruise you go on, I have more ;) Looking forward to seeing you and your family on the 21st.

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks Gus, you guys do all the hard work, I'm like a kid in a candy factory. Did everyone on the team bleed today?

sidenote: Bruce Blair, who hasn't had his nova out since 2008, had nitrous activation issues, WOT switch related. He actually relied on his bang button downtrack on his 2nd pass when he realized the problem persisted from the first round of qualifying. Props to Bruce and the crew for coming out and working hard. Bruce will be back on the 21st and definitely be a player.

#30 ·
It's all about POTENTIAL hp vs. weight and with the power that the exotic blowers make, i.e. billet roots, d-rotor etc., you guys would have to weigh 3800 pounds:rolleyes: with the nitrous combo at 3000. That's just unreasonable so we have to find a way as a group to keep this competitive. John and myself are open to suggestions and we'll take all into account before the next race, feel free to PM or visit bigtireoutlaws.com for contact info.
Thanks to all you guys for a strong showing. Good to see you guys back out, let the games begin. Brian Moody

#36 ·
why do u guys do this to the blower guys tim lynch came to shake down back in 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 and killd all of them so why do it to tom u dont see them saying stuff like crying over 1 good pass:smt119

#38 ·
Really guys.....put on your big girl panties and deal. Go buy stock in Kleenex. Why is it every time someone beats a regular you all whine about it! Keep it up and you might as well bracket race. What happened to good old HEADS UP racing! The Z is all STEEL! YES BOYZ AND GIRLS ALL STEEL, NOT LIGHT WEIGHT CARBON FIBER! And if you want to go as fast, buy a motor, get a job, take a loan or go race in a class you can win and stop trying to be the big man! This car has been 35+ years in the making and gets faster every year! Run what ya brung or leave it in the junkyard. AND I MIGHT ADD, ITS ALL LEGAL, STREET LEGAL, INSPECTED, LEGALLY CERTED, RIGHT DOWN TO THE BOOTS......have a nice day....:O)

#65 ·
Really guys.....put on your big girl panties and deal. Go buy stock in Kleenex. Why is it every time someone beats a regular you all whine about it! Keep it up and you might as well bracket race. What happened to good old HEADS UP racing! The Z is all STEEL! YES BOYZ AND GIRLS ALL STEEL, NOT LIGHT WEIGHT CARBON FIBER! And if you want to go as fast, buy a motor, get a job, take a loan or go race in a class you can win and stop trying to be the big man! This car has been 35+ years in the making and gets faster every year! Run what ya brung or leave it in the junkyard. AND I MIGHT ADD, ITS ALL LEGAL, STREET LEGAL, INSPECTED, LEGALLY CERTED, RIGHT DOWN TO THE BOOTS......have a nice day....:O)

nice rant. do you have it all out now or do you need some more time to scream and yell stupid crap and beat your chest like an ape.

maybe you dont understand the class. i thought i explained it earlier very clearly but i will try again for you. we started this thing for fun. we made it for the cars that sat around all year waiting for the shakedown ....example....the old quick 8 at etown. we asked around for 3 years, and the only people who answered were the nitrous style cars / natural and two blower cars.

we want everyone to race. so we tried to make the class fair, and of course its difficult because of the wide variety of engines and such. we didnt make it to be an "open check book" type of racing. Its a local class at a local track. the statements made here to "step up or step out" are unwarranted and misplaced.

I will repeat myself. this class was made to have a place for existing cars with existing combinations based on the old quick 8 at raceway park. i understand some have a little more than others but its not made for one off type high dollar promod stuff. there are no 5.2 or 5.3 bore spaced nitrous or natural engines allowed in this class.

now as far as tom's combination. i made a few calls and we have some real information to make decisions based on facts should that become necessary.

in the next week we will access the situation and make a decision. no one should not jump to baseless conclusions as to what we will do.

John

#41 ·
And if his name was TOM Lynch, he could have pulled off, fixed it and ran! However John was a good sport and waited and that was sportsman of him. And congrats on his win!
Go Joe.....ROFLMAO......boat anchor that was classic.......hey maybe offshore racing is in the future!
He builds the motor, builds the tranny, rear, does all the body work, paints the car, he works on all holidays.......including Christmas, but does take an hour out for Christmas dinner..he's been beat many times, when he gets beat he makes it faster......learn from your mistakes and move on.......

#44 ·
OK so if all you blower guys want to come with 2600 or 2800 horse power and take on a little nos motor class then when you start to get your shit together and figure out all your traction control stuff,maybe get your cars to run consistently,then you guys will chase out all the nos guys and who you gonna race then.This is how it starts,with the bitching, i personally don't mind it right now because we are just getting this class off the ground and this needs to be sorted out here and now.as for nos cars vs blowers i'll take for example 5 nos cars and 5 blower cars and have a race.wanna have a little friendly race.say aug 21,at e town and lets see who wins.as for the wieght,you know there is no amount of weight that is going to stop those cars from flying.bring all your blower buddies,bring some coin and lets have some fun little girls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.