Yellow Bullet Forums banner

LSX shootout or LS Fest?

9K views 162 replies 32 participants last post by  Scott@GMHTP 
#1 ·
Alright, i have to choose one of these events to go to this year and I wanted some opinions....

I have been to every LSX shootout thus far and I have had a pretty good time up untill this past years. It just wan't as much fun as the other ones I had attended. I like the fact that the nitrous cars are going to have their chance to shine at LS fest and the fact that stuff other than GM bodied car will be running.

I won't be running anything so from a spectators standpoint, witch one would you choose if you had to choose one? My schedule and funds are only gonna allow me to go to one of them, I am leaning towards LS Fest as it sits right now but I don't want to go if it's going to be a total flop LOL

Smith, You gonna have your stuff back together for LS Fest? ATV & Shiz gonna have their godzilla motor there?

Speak up phuckers!

#4 ·
I already have rooms booked for St Louis, so Ill defintely make that trip. I haven't decided about LS Fest. I know if they dont announce some payouts soon, they probabaly wont have anyone show. Ill probabaly have to work Friday, so I may try to head down Saturday morning and spend just one night.

#16 ·
Yea, do that and if you can't get off work I'll come drive it for you. It's a win win situation. For me anyway.:-D

Sooo, if you were to put their motor in your car and the car ran in the 7's who would get the credit? Smith or ATV/Shiz? Ahhh, nevermind, it's just an internet record, it don't matter.:finga:

#25 ·
Payout info for LS Fest will go up no later than next Tuesday, there is a draft of all of them just need to get them approved.

With the way you guys are talking I think we'll see a dark horse win the 275 class. I think I could maybe talk tuff into running 28's for the race, after all he's clicked off an 8.teen pass during which he was eating a sandwich and playing nintendo.

#27 ·
I'm going to the LS Fest and skipping the shootout. The shootout was so poorly run last year and the LSx guys were treated like a bastard red headed step childs. Not sure I'd go back.

#33 ·
Oh boy where to start. First this is a big boy race so iffin you boys with the "eightofamile" cars cannot hang then we shall certainly understand.

There has been a lot of effort put forth by some very good people to bring you the LS Fest. The LS Fest isn't only about drag racing it's about all things LS. There are some wide open classes that no matter what you are bringing you can fit. The ultimate class should be a good catch all for those who don't fit the lower class rules.
The Shut your face race fits a lot of Nitrous combinations and should settle some internet squabbles.

I was also seriously upset with the LSX Shootout last year. Several key people including Scott and Jason from GM High Tech was well as Scott Sparrow from Fastest Street Car magazine stepped up to express their concerns and see that the changes were made for this year.

We have a new venue, the track and the pits at Gateway are 100% better than Memphis. We should not have any problems getting the LS crowd on paved parking. Also we all worked hard to get some changes in the class rules and the addition of the 10"/275 class. While all things are not perfect I feel as though many shortcomings were corrected. We shall see.

I am very disappointed at the turn out for the Motor City Rumble. Other than the Ohio Boys there were no real serious players.

If the LS community wants a dedicated series or events then they need to be involved in these races. I have found that it's much easier to work towards change from the inside than the outside.

Smith, payouts? You got to win and go the quarter mile before you start talking about payouts;) ROFLMAO

Excuse me I have to get back to work on my junk, I was hoping to have it sorted out by now :(

Robin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.