Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Neighbors tree hanging into my yard

6K views 67 replies 40 participants last post by  CameronVic 
#1 ·
So the fence is my property line straight to the street. The tree in the background are the neighbor's, and it's hanging over my property.

Here's a little background on my neighbors. I've probably thrown 100 tennis balls over the fence in the 3+ years I've lived here. I have a narrow backyard, and a black lab that loves to chase tennis balls. Well I've gone over there a few times and knocked trying to get them to possibly throw the balls back. They never answer, and I know they're home.

Well I called the codes department because I assumed it was their (my neighbor's) job to maintain their trees and keep them off of my property as it makes mowing that portion of my grass a little tricky. Well the codes department said it's my job, and I can just go cut it off my property. This could get interesting!

See less See more
#36 ·
I just had to do the same thing to several bushes and shrubs on my property line. Neighbor won't keep the shit trimmed, and I got tired of mowing thru, under, around them. I got out hedge clippers and sawzall and started cutting, then left a big pile of limbs and brush in their backyard. They still haven't thanked me yet...:p

#37 ·
Just trim it to your liking and deal with the trimmings yourself. No need to start shit. If they won't answer the door, leave them a note with your intentions and why your are doing it. If you don't hear from them, assume they are ok with it.
Whatever you do, don't try to kill it with roundup. That shit is evil for starters not to mention once it dies, it will look like shit, probably fall and destroy that fence, then who is gonna deal with all that? You know they probably won't.

All this retaliatory stuff people pull with neighbors can get out of hand quick. You never know who has what connections or who is just plain fucking nuts!! Just be happy they keep to themselves and don't try to borrow your shit.

#39 ·
All this retaliatory stuff people pull with neighbors can get out of hand quick. You never know who has what connections or who is just plain fucking nuts!! Just be happy they keep to themselves and don't try to borrow your shit.
Yea I hear you on that. I think he's some really old army vet. He's got some hoodrich grandkids that come by occasionally, and I'm just a 5'7 white boy.

#41 ·
You can trim what hangs over in your yard, but you are legally responsible for disposal. Throw it in his yard and he can take you to court, (and he'll win), for littering, vandalism. I went through this with a neighbor years ago, same scenario. I cut his overhanging trees, threw the clippings back in his yard, got sued in small claims court and cost me $900. Judge said the parts that hung over my property were mine and I had the right to cut them, but that because they were mine I also had to dispose of them.

#47 ·
Write a note, knock on the door, if they don't answer leave the note, give them a week. If you don't get a response cut it. if you don't want trouble with the grandkids deal with the mess yourself.

#55 ·
And people really ask what is wrong with people........
Here is a prime example of that below...

I bet he would be the first one to scream if somebody parked in front of his trailer home.

A neighbors tree overhangs your yard by a few feet, way up where it isn't even in your way... and in three years time, you say you've thrown 100 tennis balls back over the fence...

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?????

If that's all you can whine about in regards to your neighbors, you've got it made!!!
I bet the cops just 'love' getting these important calls from your whiny ass! LOL

Quit being a bitch...
Last edited by n2omike; Today at 01:06 PM.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.