September 17th - TRP - RENEGADE RACING

28K views 533 replies 54 participants last post by  jonesy1 
#1 ·
Al Matuska "Blaze" Quoted from the News Thread

Everybody sing

Oh what a night....
Late September back at TRP.....
Was a shitty time for me...

Great show of cars... great show (got to watch the whole thing) and killer track

#38 ·
The end of the track video was awesome great job! overall had fun as always even know i didnt qualify good seeing everyone cant wait till oct 8th Thanks Tom and kristal for a great show and the support :)

#69 ·
Well to let one of our banquet surprises out of the bag early...prior to the 17th race Rosco15 has signed on as the RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION official videographer. We will have DVD's at the banquet to give-a-way as prizes for a few lucky racers,and we will have them for sale as well.

#44 ·
I had a real good time yesterday. Unfortunatly my electrical gremlin is back. I thought I had it figured out. It just shuts everything off, happened 3 times on second run. I 'll get it figured out, try again next month. Awesome turn out, Good job Tom and Kristal.

#68 ·
Mike Barran had a massive cheering section in the stands, every time his car came up to the line the large group of spectators behind us really came alive routing for him and then when he came up the return road they all cheered him and gave him the thumbs up.

#66 ·
Had a great time yesterday, thanks to everyone that came out and supported the class. Was definitely a wild day with all the 8.90 points going wacky and all the breakouts. Thanks to everyone involved in putting the show on, it was awesome to see 10.50 and 8.90 with excessive car counts! Congrats Jimmy on the win in 8.90!

It was nice to meet Mike Barran finally, Jeff Clark, Bob Getsy, Hot Rod Mike and anyone else I'm forgettting. Good to see all the usual crew too.

John, sorry to see the car get banged up, but I'm glad you're alright. If you watch the video I'm the yayhoo that jumped the fence at the 1/8 mile marker to make sure you were alright and got out of the car okay. I just got out of my car after a pass and seen you sliding by and hit the wall right in front of our pit. I know we're supposed to stay out of the road on stuff like that, but I couldn't help but run down and make sure you're alright and see that you got out okay. Glad you're okay and if you need help putting it back together let us know what you need.

We had a good time as usual, track was pretty good, see you all on the 8th!

#78 ·
Had a great time yesterday, thanks to everyone that came out and supported the class. Was definitely a wild day with all the 8.90 points going wacky and all the breakouts. Thanks to everyone involved in putting the show on, it was awesome to see 10.50 and 8.90 with excessive car counts! Congrats Jimmy on the win in 8.90!

It was nice to meet Mike Barran finally, Jeff Clark, Bob Getsy, Hot Rod Mike and anyone else I'm forgettting. Good to see all the usual crew too.

John, sorry to see the car get banged up, but I'm glad you're alright. If you watch the video I'm the yayhoo that jumped the fence at the 1/8 mile marker to make sure you were alright and got out of the car okay. I just got out of my car after a pass and seen you sliding by and hit the wall right in front of our pit. I know we're supposed to stay out of the road on stuff like that, but I couldn't help but run down and make sure you're alright and see that you got out okay. Glad you're okay and if you need help putting it back together let us know what you need.

We had a good time as usual, track was pretty good, see you all on the 8th!
thanks lil z and everyone else for the help.

#67 ·
Had a great time every pass an the starting line had some teeth again yesterday, my 60fts were a worse of 1.178 with most in the low 1.17's an I had a best ever 60ft of "1.166" !!!! I'm sure glad some new cars are showing up an filling the fields.

#83 ·
I'd like to share a story from last night's race...As we were giving congratulations and paying out our winners we stopped in the pit area of Gene Adamic (Red 1975 Hemi Duster) yesterday was his second race with the RENEGADES and he thanked us and all the racers for the most fun he's had racing since 1981. This isn't the first time we've been thanked, over the past two years many racers have expressed such gratitude for the series, and it's nice to know that our group has made racing fun again for a such a veteran racer like Gene. Last year, Big Charlie Moore, said nearly these same words and I have a ton of respect for both of these guys as racers and as men.

The kind words from these guys, as well as all of the RENEGADE racers are what keeps us motivated to make the series better for every racer.

THANK YOU TO ALL OUR RACERS, PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.