Yellow Bullet Forums banner

car wont 60 ft

11K views 98 replies 30 participants last post by  theheatison 
#1 ·
ok i have a mustang 406 bbchrysler glide, 4.88 gears 28/10.5 tires, car weights probably 2700 pounds.. has a decent cam cant remember everything its late lol.. but off the line it doesnt do anything hence the video.. but around 20 ft out it pics up vid

vid 1 launching at 3000 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m78cwd_SudA

vid 2 leavin at 4000 sorry for the sideways vid not me filming obviously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaUBMzAhFs&feature=related

while my buddys duster has 29.5s a 4.10 gear and a 360 launches way better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSgP3hhVHX0&feature=related

any help is appreciated​

#6 ·
na the duster has a 904.. i used to run a 727 but i grenaded one.. and i got a great deal on the glide. the car has a 4500 stall.. but its a lil loose on footbreak the car stalls around 4400 and flashes to round 4700.. but the motor is hardly pulling at that point.. it feels great around 7700

#41 ·
Maybe the sprag is shot in the converter, hence the "good deal".

They will act like that when that happens.

I think you should switch back to the 3 speed....And while your at it, put the motor and trans in a real race car!

Not a dam mustang cop car.......Geezus Christ no wander that mopar dont want to run....Its in a damn ford with a chevy trans stuck up its ass!

#9 ·
no not really i had a 3000 in it but it was real bad and at the time i put the converter in thats in it now.. i was low on funds so yea it is a new converter. but its not the greatest.. i only had around 550 dollars. and i couldnt find one for that around here.. the way the car feels from the inside it the second vid where im leaving at 4.. it feels so lazy its not funny. i downsized the exhaust which helped alil.. i dunno

#12 ·
thats it the motor has been in the 6.60 range. in a heavier car..

If that is true, then it is 100% for sure your converter. Why didn't you say that in the first place? I would still get a TH350 for the mechanical advantage of an extra low gear. Either way, you're gonna spend at least $1000 to get the car going the way it should. "Speed costs money, how fast you wanna go?", right?

#16 ·
i thought about putting spray on it this winter.. or alchohol.. but i know the engine has ran the number.. ive seen it ..ive got a jw bellhousing so changing trans wouldnt b such an issue just hve to get one. the police hardly do much sponsoring.

Spray, alcohol, converter, or trans. Pick your poison. Either one of those choices and you'll be in it $1000 by the time all is said and done. I still vote for trans.

#15 ·
the motor feels good i drove it to the other shop to put it up last saturday. and you can b rolling at around 45 mph and just goose the throttle and it wants to switch lanes.. i know its cold slicks and cold road.. but it just feels alot stronger than it does from a stop.. bout to just put a damn 4 speed in it

#18 ·
spray 750, alcohol 1250 for a toilet, converter around 600 for a good one if he will stand by quote, trans around 1100

You won't find the converter you need for $600, I can GUARANTEE that. You'll end up spending your money twice. You need something that stalls at least 6000rpm, and that is more like a $900 converter, minimum. A toilet may be $1250, but you also may need to do other things like upgrading or changing things in your fuel system (and it won't bandaid a car that isn't working right to begin with). And spray is only $750 if you don't count filling the bottles time and time again. Why do that when you could run what you are wanting to run by buying a transmission once? $1100 seems fair for a built TH350 if you already have the JW Ultrabell.

#19 ·
couple reasons i dont wanna change trans.. ive had the trans in and out of the car 5 times this year changing converters and such..2 i dont have 1100 laying around right now i cant do anything till income tax, 3 ive already got labor equal to a grand in the glide, im trying to run 7.00 and im stubborn,, i will b one of the onlycars doing so without airshift or the plates, main cause is sheer expense.. and i dunno dimension wise a glide to a 350 . can get a protorque for round 660.

#22 ·
You're going to be stuck with what you have till you throw down some money to change something. It's all about parts working well together, which your stuff isn't. Mine would get out of the hole ok then start pulling. Guess what a converter change did, made it get out of the hole great and pull the whole way.

#27 ·
You can get a nice PTC converter for less than 600 call and ask for Lang..... they will do it right the first time out

#28 ·
Th350 with a 2.75 low and a 5800 converter will be the only way to go....just remember, you pay for what you get......I would do some research on converters. I run a custom TCI in my car and I paid $1000 for it but my street car 60fts 1.32-1.34 at 3400lbs off the foot break.

#33 ·
I'll join the parade and suggest RevMax for a convertor. Check them out. We 1.27-1.29 60' with a glide @ 2930#. With our new 8" convertor we are now destroying stock gears in a glide that we ran for a couple of years w/o any other changes. Broke 2 sets in three launches on 28's. 5000 stall and all billit for just a couple hundred more than you spent. Going to get an all out race glide from them this winter also. They are a huge shop as convertor places go and cleaner than any place I have ever been. Their place looks like Yates's engine room. Attention to detail and the most modern equipment does not hurt either. Course, if you don't like the front wheels off the ground, try somebody else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.