Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Atco Testing

10K views 137 replies 24 participants last post by  68CudaB1 
#1 ·
#50 ·
Ben the 09 rulebook says on page #82 base weight 360 is #2700 400 base is #2800 I just don't have to add the 100lbs like the victor sr. 15 deg head does. So we are both right just a diffrent way of looking at it. So regardless of heads, I would take 100lbs for 40 cubes any day of the week who wouldn't? And if I can find my 08 rule book the 360 base weight was #2650 why on earth did they add 50lbs? Because the stick lost 50lbs? that don't make any sense at all! Don't you all agree?

#52 ·
Yes, I agree. I'm not sure if the 360 was 2650 last year or not, I thought it was always @ the 2700 lbs base. I'm pretty sure it's getting ready to get some NMCA relief though not until after the 3rd race. With the new "chase" format it should probably happen sooner.

#51 ·
Unless you show up consistantly and get your ass handed to you with an inferior combination, they aren't and shouldn't make any concessions to a particular combination. I am not saying it is right or wrong but if someone builds an off the wall combo and wont race/support the series unless they can instantly be competative, that isn't fair to the racers that have supported the class for years. It looks like Demayo Sr is willing to get his ass handed to him to show what the 360 can or shall I say, can't do.

#57 ·
Ben, Those heads do not carry 100#. As a past NMCA Tech member trust me.

#61 ·
Sorry to interupt but I requested, in writing to NMCA, to allow the B1MC head for BBM in P/S, I never heard back.........I am a little baffled why they would not allow that inline wedge head, but they allow CFE BB Chevy's, Ford Pro King's, etc??

Heck, the Mopar BB's are just dominating in Pro Stock :p........when they finally allowed the B1 original one person built a fairly max effort and was still 2-3 tenths behind.......so the track result philosophy did not apply, I guess??? I understand the TS head, as that is canted valve, but the MC, please........

We wanted to lower our cubes and run P/S but, hey, if 6 cars is enough, no biggie

#62 ·
Florida 2005 a BBM set the record and sat on the pole with an 8.83. the BBC went an 8.85 at that race. Unfortunately Goodwin totaled that car in Memphis that year and hasn't been back. There is no reason a BBM can't run at the top under the current rules.

#64 ·
Florida 2005 a BBM set the record and sat on the pole with an 8.83. the BBC went an 8.85 at that race. Unfortunately Goodwin totaled that car in Memphis that year and hasn't been back. There is no reason a BBM can't run at the top under the current rules.

That was 2005, an 8.83, wow.............Like I said, I guess 6 cars is enough, no biggie.....and no my name is not Chuck, it is Bill, so at least two of us were asking.......but no problem, it is easy to find all the stats with only 5-7 cars :-Daw
Heck, most NMCA tech guys dont even know what MOPAR heads even are.........when I inquired about the W8 head, someone told me the W8 head is not allowed :) Just bustin, I know how us Mopar guys rate...

Keep shaking that money tree Johnny :)

#71 ·
NMCA - The B1 original is perfect for the XS w/ Nitrous, that combo could run 7's IMO, no need for the MC or PSO (the PSO head does not even exist on NMCA head list even though it is in between the MC and the T/S, which is a canted valve???? Face it, you guys dont know your B1's, not being rude, just the facts)........but an original B1 is NOT gonna run 30's at Mopars weight, no freakin way......and I dont care if GOD (BES) would build it :)

When that put put goes by you BES powerplant at RAM, you are gonna find out that index is not the place :p

#73 ·
NMCA - The B1 original is perfect for the XS w/ Nitrous, that combo could run 7's IMO, no need for the MC or PSO (the PSO head does not even exist on NMCA head list even though it is in between the MC and the T/S???? Face it, you guys dont know your B1's, not being rude, just the facts)........but an original B1 is NOT gonna run 30's at Mopars weight, no freakin way......and I dont care if GOD (BES) would build it :)

When that put put goes by you BES powerplant at RAM, you are gonna find out that index is not the place :p
By going by, you mean loaded up in the trailer and heading home after first round of eliminations... right :)

#83 ·
LOL yes, it is screwed up.

It's the nature of how things developed though.

The root of the problem is this.

10 years ago, this was street car racing. People wanted a certain look, a certain format, and at the time, people did not spend this kind of money to go racing... just look at the tow vehicles for an example, back then, to today.

Now, this is 10 years later. We have all evolved from those street car roots. We are spending 100+k on a car that fits within old school street car rules.... stock floors, no back half, etc....

The rules are for 9+ second cars. Now, the cars today are heading towards sub 8 second capability depending on weight and other variables.

Today the cars are evolving into full on comp style chassis with 10.5 tires. Which is way cool.

But.... with all the restrictions, there are obviously only as you say, 3 or 4 people interested in THE ENTIRE NATION..... and one family..... out of tens, of thousands out there who enjoy this kind of thing.

There are people to fill the class, if the rules were more like PSCA etc.... wealthy people out there like many of the Comp Racers, Demayo, Baskins, etc....

Far more of them than folks like me and others.

Not to take away from NMCA's effort to keep the class at it's roots, and work hard to keep the class affordable(within desireable reason of a rule makers job)....

Unfortunately, the majority of N/A max effort racers around the nation want something different than what Pro Stock offers....

.... going by the numbers.

#97 ·
John/NMCA.......

Lets take a look at the Tiger Head vs the B1 original in OTB format going by DCI and Brodix figures.........keep in mind, your head gets 125# weight break......

Tiger - DCI states 400-plus cfm out of the box on the intake side and 450-plus cfm with porting

B1 - Brodix states 396 cfm otb on the intake side and see if anybody can get a B1 original to 450, NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!

Your head is better.........Why in the world do you get 125# ??????????? Please help ;)............Jeff???????

BTW John - IF, and I mean a BIG IF, you go 30's......NO, I would not want a rule change......now if a DRCE would, then hell yes......

#99 ·
John/NMCA.......

Lets take a look at the Tiger Head vs the B1 original in OTB format going by DCI and Brodix figures.........keep in mind, your head gets 125# weight break......

Tiger - DCI states 400-plus cfm out of the box on the intake side and 450-plus cfm with porting

B1 - Brodix states 396 cfm otb on the intake side and see if anybody can get a B1 original to 450, NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!!

Your head is better.........Why in the world do you get 125# ??????????? Please help ;)............Jeff???????
First off, don't believe the numbers DCI puts out. The more lift I put in the cam, the more the bore shrouds the valve. There is more to a motor then just the heads, sure they are important but lets look a little further into my hunk of shit. It has a 10.220 deck height. I can not get or make my block any lower then 10.170. My motor comes with 3.25" mains. They advertise that I can run a 4.400 bore but I can't get a 4.350 to seal up. The exhaust ports are siamese with NO water between them. The push rods are almost 11". With a .900 offset, you can't get bigger then a 3/8 to 7/16 push rod in it. There are only 10 head bolts on a 4.600 bore spacing motor. The motor is around 100lbs heavier then a BBC. I can go on...

#119 ·
Mountain Motor/Max Effort??? Where do you get that from, we are under .900 lift, standard cam journal, heavy rotating assy, etc...how about you??

I'm not confident we will win, but I am confident we can stay with you :)

I bet you we could go as fast w/ 525 ci as we do at 596 with our heads, we just dont need to beat it like you guys.......hell, our springs went all of last year

#129 ·
BTW - Good luck at BG this weekend, and please dont break so we can still kick your ass the following week at RAM

Also, I was a little surprised that you PREPAID for RAM, you are really confident you can go more than 7 passes without a catastrophic failure:confused::confused::confused::p:p

Seriously, Good Luck Dude!!!!!

#133 ·
.070 huh, don't push the tree too hard. :) You have a motor that is 75" bigger then mine and have to weigh what, 75lbs more?
You dont want to get into this debate again, do you :confused: Keep in mind, backyard, under .900" lift, homemade chassis.......do I need to go any further, MR. BES/MATUKAS.......You must admit, it will be a little embarrasing when we out 60' ya with our homemade chassis and glide.........:-Daw

BTW - I am heading to Dynamic today to pick up our tweaked converter..........I told Frank, once we kick your ass with a DYNAMIC converter, you may switch over to his converters :)

Mentioning you got me a discount, Thanks John!

#135 ·
I guess you never got close enough to me on the track to see my rear window. They do my transmissions. I have one sitting there and will pick it up tomorrow. You are proving my point, you are too light with non-maximum effort stuff. The big motors in ram are too light.

#136 ·
I guess you never got close enough to me on the track to see my rear window. They do my transmissions. I have one sitting there and will pick it up tomorrow. You are proving my point, you are too light with non-maximum effort stuff. The big motors in ram are too light.
I know, they freshen your transmissions, you should try their converters sometime......

No, we have been making our combo more and more max effort every year, it is close but I think there is 30-50HP in it yet with a cam swap and some other things.....maybe we are just good at what we do and dont need the BES's and Matukas' to go fast......how about that thought for the day :p

9.30 to 8.?? in two years, we are getting there.......

And also, we have not raced yet and you haven't proved anything actually as the SB's have dominated........remember what the NMCA God's say, it must be proven on the track, why dont you agree with that philosophy on this???

Why do you think RAM should just go out and change the rules since Langer thinks so......remember, you only get special treatment in NMCA, not RAM :):)

#138 ·
In case you haven't noticed, there are been a couple of racers that the rules have been written around since the inception of the class. You just benifit from it.
I really have not, can you please elaborate for me??? Since we are both BB's you should benefit from this theory???

I just hope we move up the ladder like the past year, that's all......and IF, we can kick your ass, that would just be topping on the cake :p:p:p

I got to clean my screen and get going to Dynamic........have a great day John, and seriously, kick some ass in BG, I will be following like a hawk :)

When do you and the new stacker pull out???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.