Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Alan Johnson and Larry Dixon Part Ways

7K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  ddr 
#1 ·
#9 ·
And you guess wrong. Lucas leases the shop, and it has been for sale for a while. MLR is prepping 2 cars for the new season, as is AJR. Al Anabi is still there, just going to be two new drivers. When Shawn leaves MLR, Brandon Bernstein is the likely replacement, assuming he brings cash.

#12 ·
And you guess wrong. Lucas leases the shop, and it has been for sale for a while. MLR is prepping 2 cars for the new season, as is AJR. Al Anabi is still there, just going to be two new drivers. When Shawn leaves MLR, Brandon Bernstein is the likely replacement, assuming he brings cash.
If Bernstein (Brandon) can't get a deal together for '12, then 2013 he'll be in the Lucas car. IF that happens, you can look for JR Todd to pilot the Lucas car in '12.

#13 ·
Now it all makes you wonder a little bit if what's going on didn't influence Del Worsham leaving. Dixon is way too good a talent to cut loose. Dixon loses a silver platter in this deal because of the caliber of a team he was associated with IS a serious threat for a Championship year after year...Now, the question is, where does Dixon go from here. Time will tell and Langdon better get on the Matt Hagan weight loss program real fast cause I'm thinkin' he packs a few more lbs. than Dixon did...:rolleyes:

#14 ·
Dixon also didn't like giving up his 2010 perfect finals record car to Del . after del got in that car he won a lot of races while dixon had a sub par season with the new car.

#16 ·
I didn't understand the motive behind the dragster switch myself. It looks like it was an executive decision on Alan Johnsons' part to swap chassis. I'm sure Larry wasn't thrilled because I sure wouldn't have been. I think Del was internally setup to win the Championship, kinda like " Ok Larry, you got yours, now it's Del's turn." After all, when that chassis was so instrumental in Larry Dixons run, there really can be no other logical reason for the switch. I'd like to be a fly on the wall with all the crap that gets said within the framework of the teams when silly season hits. That is the stuff that most people never hear about because those parties involved don't want everybody and their brother knowing...

#18 ·
Probably someone who just won a Pro Mod championship...

#22 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.