Yellow Bullet Forums banner

RENEGADE RACING Discussion thread

33K views 566 replies 55 participants last post by  jonesy1 
#1 ·
We created this thread as an area to ask questions, gather info and discuss policy for the RENEGADE RACING ASSOCIATION. We are looking for your input to better help OUR group grow and be stronger next season.

We would also like to thank all the racers who came out and supported the series, you guys are the best and have become like family. A big thank you goes out to all of our SPONSORS who supported the racers with great prizes and incentives [remember to support them back racers and make sure to mention us]. ALSO lets not forget thanking JIM CURTIS and THOMPSON RACEWAY PARK they gave us the venue and a great track.

#2 ·
Would you like to see this become a season long series with a points fund and year end prizes?

Would you like to race at a few different tracks [columbus or pittsburgh]?

Would you like to attend a RENEGADE RACING get-together during the winter?

#10 ·
I had allot of fun,met really nice group of guys and am looking forward to next year. stock frame rails ? seriously? I think the rules are fine and as long as the races stay within reach for me I will be there, not everyone can take time off work to travel but I would like to visit some other tracks.

#11 · (Edited)
yes, for a points series, leave all rules as they are except we buy a set of portables and make a 3,000 n/a limit 3,200, nos, 3,300 chassis car those are more than fair numbers, i know that you guys wont want to do this, but thats the only rule change i would like to see. oh i forgot we need to get rid of the no 1969 white camaro rule!:Kneel ps, its hard enough to make it to trp with my work schedual, but i would try and get to the trails.

#22 · (Edited)
It would be a lot of work for the guys running the race to scale all cars, Maybe there could be some scales on stand by to pull a random "weigh in" of 1 or 2 cars every race like drug testing. Then we all would be scared to race light. As long as theres no drug test, that could shut the whole race down. Chassis cars would have a serious safty issue loading up to 3300#, 3000# is fair I think for all cars. An racing at differant tracks would be fun, it might draw in a few new faces.

#24 ·
First I would like to thank everyone for the chance to race with you. Can't wait to do it again. I like the points fund. If you guys are gonna travel, the tracks would need to put money in for the show. We travel with the UMTR and to be truthful it is a pain. Me personally like to pick where has treated you good and build from there. Maybe get some bigger companies to throw in some money. Say like a beer company, pop, etc. I am rooting for the 3000 across the board. Thanks again guys.

#27 ·
We won't have a problem certifying the heavy tube cars because honestly there aren't many of them out there that fit the 'street appearing' theme we have. We will address each car as they contact us and express interest to race.

#32 ·
Tom,now your getting away from the whole street car theme with GASSER style cars and fender exit headers.Whats next an open body center steer dragster class? I busted my ass getting the interior in my car for the last race just to fit the rules,1 of the kids got sick so i didnt make it, but my car is as the RULES STATE a street appearing car with interior.Tom dont ruin a good thing just our 2 cents ED & ANN We no longer have the BIG engine but will come n run the 10.50 class if u dont get to far off the path you were on.

#36 ·
the thing that i like about our class, is the quality of cars that we have in it, im more into seeing clean straight nice streetable cars im sure there are some exceptions but i really dont think the gasser cars fit, show us some pics of what your thinking tom.

#52 ·
I believe it weighs around 2600 lbs. Original steel body.Except for tilt frt. end. Aftermarket frame for safety since you can safely race an original willys frame. It still has a bell drop front axle. This particular car in question is regularly driven to this guys work on pump gas.
i was not going to say anything about it charlie but since you brought it up, that 2600 lb chassis car, aftermarket chassis, pump gas motor, beat out my 3,600 lb 540 cubic in motor because the car is so light, if not for the miss fortune of a couple of cars being broke after qualifying i would not have made the 16, that being said, these light cars should not be allowed to race this class it seems like we are bending the rules for everyone, is it a nice car yes, is he a nice guy yes, is it an aftermarket frame yes, is it 2600lb yes the frame dont bother me, the 2600lb does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.