Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Texas Chassis Works............. where??

79K views 97 replies 74 participants last post by  midnightbluS10 
#1 ·
So I keep hearing the plugs for "Texas Chassisworks" on PassTime. So I go to google to find the site.
Once I'm on the site, all I can find is a plug for "Speed" & "Pinks".
No builds of cars, current, past or present. How disappointing!

What a crock! Does anyone know if the illustrious "Texas Chassisworks" really exists or if it's just more TV advertising??

#2 ·
You talking about Ken Herring's place? Supposed to be in Tyler Texas.

#4 ·
Yes! That's (supposedly) the place.

I have a sneaking suspicion it's just another "plug" for Speed and/or Pinks.

#5 ·
yeah...they make it sound like they've got this resident expert :rolleyes:
"owner operator" of the famed Texas Chassisworks.....of which there is apparently no such thing (??)

#6 ·
Yes Texas Chassis works is a real place. Ken Herring owns it and it is in Tyler Texas. They have built several cars and also done repairs and updates on several Texas based pro mods, Ken is a great guy and has a great staff at the shop to run the place now as he is gone so much with the TV show.

#7 ·
--------------
To put it point blank........then why does the site SUCK??

If I was a potential customer of the illustrious Texas Chassisworks, where would I find testimonials, current projects, etc. etc.
Like I've already mentioned...it's very disheartening to go to the alledged site, only to find more media plugs for TV shows.
Kinda makes one feel like they've been "bait n' switched".

#60 ·
x2.the best advertising is word of mouth.this is how i run my repair shop.no coupon shoppers please.

#10 ·
Personally, I think it's just a paid plug for Speed and/or Pinks.

#53 ·
Did Smokey Yunick have an elaborate web site? I know of several shops that have the best web sites, although have a shop big enough for 2 cars and cant change a tire.
Exactly. The average 13 year old kid can make a great website for anything, some chassis fabricators couldnt use a computer to save their life. Does Dewco have a website? To the best of my knowledge they dont (or isnt "great") and that hasnt seemed to top race teams around the country from using their stuff.

#18 ·
So I keep hearing the plugs for "Texas Chassisworks" on PassTime. So I go to google to find the site.
Once I'm on the site, all I can find is a plug for "Speed" & "Pinks".
No builds of cars, current, past or present. How disappointing!

What a crock! Does anyone know if the illustrious "Texas Chassisworks" really exists or if it's just more TV advertising??
I normally do not get on message boards, but on this, I can't resist. Sorry our website sucks, but that has been a temporary page for last three years. Hopefully, we will get a chance to update it. However, a website does not tell you anything about how good a business is, period. We have been a "word of mouth" shop since 99' and prefer to stay that way. I have an excellent group of customers that have been with me through the years and their cars are my past builds. The reason I got on TV was because I owned a succesfull chassis shop, not the other way around. Thanks for taking the time to search me out.

Kenneth Herring

#28 ·
Bashing on Ken's shop just because Ken was on PINKS and works for SPEED is not really fair to him or his shop. Ken was the owner of TCW when he first appeared on PINKS as a contestant with an Astro van that hauled ass. To say it is a non-existent shop that is only mentioned to make PINKS, SPEED, or PASSTIME sound more legit is just bashing without any basis for it. Ken impressed me with his professional and to the point response, and the fact that he didn't waste anymore time on here arguing the point.

#32 ·
welcome aboard ken!!:) stick around, it gets interesting sometimes!!FordRules:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.