Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Methanol fuel lines... Hard line or steel braid with teflon?

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Datsun 
#1 ·
Here's what I got:

I need to run -10 and -8 lines for a methanol fuel system and am looking for some opinions on which plumbing to use. I have found some teflon lined stuff from earl$ but am wondering if there is a cheaper alternative out there? Is hard line the way to go? This is an EFI application if it matters. Weldon 2345 Pump. Thanks for your time.

#3 ·
Teflon lined or just the standard rubber lined stainless braid? I don't want to have to worry about rubber lines deteriorating...who know's maybe I'm getting bad info too. Can't seem to find much on the net but hopefully someone can help me out.

#4 ·

My neighbor has a blown alcohol Pro-Mod.
He has used some of my plain jane steel braid I had extra for a couple of years.
Never even asked if I had teflon, and I know they are still using them.

#5 ·
Sounds like I've been getting some bad information, sorry this fuel is completely new to me and appreciate your help pointing me in the right direction.

Any idea how long I can leave the fuel in the system before stuff will start to get eaten up? Do I have to drain it and run gas through at this point in time or can I just keep running the engine every so often and cycling the fuel through?

Thanks

#6 ·
Rubber braided hose if fine, I've used both, the teflon stuff seems like it lasts forever. I alwys replace the rubber stuff after a few years with both gas and alky just as a cheap precaution.

I leave alky in my system all year round, never eats anything up, all aluminum I has is anodized. Dont make it harfder than it is lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.