Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Straub Technologies

25K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  scott foxwell 
#1 · (Edited)
Spend your money on parts elsewhere so you actually know what your getting instead of nameless parts placed freely in a card board box with no specs of how they need to be installed and stock crap gasket sets that aren't worthy of being used in a high performance engine build or pistons that don't work without being flycut reguardless of the fact you gave him all the specs needed to send you the right parts. Plus you might not have to wait 6 weeks for things to show up and do your own detective work on where they are. If you do decide to order from him get all info you need for the whole build upfront cause he will ignore your Emails and PMs after an order (when he previously would respond within hours) if you even dare to ask him where your parts are after 6 weeks and you will be on your own to figure it out from there. You can atleast expect 1 last snippy reply from him reguardless of the fact you were nothing but polite and professional the whole time before he decides to never answer questions pertaining to the parts he sold you that are important to completing the remainder of your build, again, leaving it up to you to figure it out. Thanks for making this engine build harder than it needed to be Chris. You will never see a penny from me again.

#3 ·
Is he talking about the same Chris Straub I bought parts from? Buddy you got to be kidding me???? And while your at it why dont you really tell us what the problem is instead of the guy who sold you parts you dont understand how to install them.

#5 ·
Something's a miss here. Chris has always provided me with excellent service and super fast shipping.

I don't get it????

#8 ·
I have not heard from you BurnOut. No phone call nor email. I do want to address at no time will I ever say that you won't have to flycut pistons. I always tell my customers you need to check P to V. This is part of engine building. "Bolt on and go" does not exist in high performance engine building. If the fly cutting of the piston has upset you I understand, but it is part of engine building. My phone is on and I am in the office today if you want to call.

#11 ·
I cant believe BurnOut has not posted since??? You cant come here ranting about a guy who knows more than most people forgot and not back up your words!! Pure Bulls**t !!

#13 ·
Bought a crank from him. Showed up 4 days later. He has given me all the help I need for my build, and I will be buying a cam, lifters, and springs from him when the time comes. He's gone further than he needed to helping me out, and giving me advice on my setup. No complaints here.

#14 ·
One thing we pride ourselves in here at Straub Tech is our tech support. I spend a good deal of time on the phone every day helping people with tech questions that have never spent a dime with us, and that's fine. It's part of why we're here doing what we do.
If there is ever any doubt or any question, no matter how trivial you may think it is, please don't hesitate to call us. 999 out of 1000 times there's a simple explanation and even if there isn't, we'll help you get to the bottom of the problem whether you're a customer or not.
Have a great day gentlemen. :smt023

#15 ·
Chris is a 100% stand up guy and straight shooter. We have bought numerous parts, custom cams, lifters etc from him and have not had a problem. I dont think I have ever seen a negative review about him on any forum and he contributes ALOT of info/tech advice on these forums.

P.S, any builder/parts supplier knows that in the Performance world, nothing is a sure thing and parts need to be modified to fit even on the simplest upgrades.

#20 ·
I should have voiced my concerns to Chris directly. Still not happy with the lines of communication between us but whats done is done. I have contacted the admin to remove thread.
1st this is the bullet, nothing gets deleted.

2nd I hate to say it, but its people like this that kills business. If someone Google's Straub tech and this thread pops up, If the person doesn't read all the responses, and just reads the first one, I guarantee a sale goes away. If you weren't happy from the start you should have called Chris, I know for a fact he would have straightened it out if there was a problem. But nope instead of giving people a chance everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and say this place ripped me off they suck don't buy from them. Kind of a shame.

#26 ·
Let me address the "short answers". I had to this brought up to me by Brian Gooding, Blue66 on most boards, last year or maybe the year before. I answered him in "short terms". He later emailed me back and wanted to know if I was mad at him. I looked at the email and I was short and to the point. I'm guilty of talking on the phone and typing. To stay concentrated I keep most answers to the point. Typed words are unlike spoken words as you can't hear voice tone. Those that know me in person, know "the Mayor" is always in a good mood even at work. At work it is busy. Never in wildest dreams did I ever think business would grow like it has. I have added help and will have to add more. I average about 15 phone calls a day, some lasting 40min. to 1hr long. A light day of emails and pms in 50 to 60. I have to give customer correct info. Just this week I had 2 phone calls on Morel lifters that did not by lifters from me but other companies. They could not get answers so they called me and I gladly explained preload, oil type, bore clearance with them.

It's unfortunate BurnOut you feel the way you do and for that I apologize. I am for sure when you get the combo done it will run very well.

#28 ·
Let me address the "short answers". I had to this brought up to me by Brian Gooding, Blue66 on most boards, last year or maybe the year before. I answered him in "short terms". He later emailed me back and wanted to know if I was mad at him. I looked at the email and I was short and to the point. I'm guilty of talking on the phone and typing. To stay concentrated I keep most answers to the point. Typed words are unlike spoken words as you can't hear voice tone. Those that know me in person, know "the Mayor" is always in a good mood even at work. At work it is busy. Never in wildest dreams did I ever think business would grow like it has. I have added help and will have to add more. I average about 15 phone calls a day, some lasting 40min. to 1hr long. A light day of emails and pms in 50 to 60. I have to give customer correct info. Just this week I had 2 phone calls on Morel lifters that did not by lifters from me but other companies. They could not get answers so they called me and I gladly explained preload, oil type, bore clearance with them.

It's unfortunate BurnOut you feel the way you do and for that I apologize. I am for sure when you get the combo done it will run very well.
The Mayor of Orlando!!!

Just make sure you have that shot of tequila waiting for me at PRI again this year!!! :p

OP.....pull your head out of your ass!!! This is a joke......

PS. See you in the fall for the circle track race!!!

#27 ·
Another very happy Straub Tech customer here. Chris has never failed to answer the phone any time I've called, great service and prices, recommend him to everyone. I truly appreciate all the advice I got from him and Scott, without them I don't think I could have put together the great combination I've got.

#29 ·
Just got my cam from Chris Straub, no problems at all with the transaction. The cam was double boxed, it arrived here on the other side of the planet in perfect shape. I agree Chris isn't the guy for lengthy chit chat in his emails, he is straight to the point, but he did exactly as I requested, no hassle. Thanks Chris, I hope the cam gives me the edge this season!

#31 ·
Chris and Scott both have been good to me for many years and I have never spent a dime with either of them. They have spent countless hrs. expalining many things to me. I do plan to in the very near future.

I ma glad the OP is happy with the products, had excellent results, and admitted he just made a mistake!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.