Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Bluchev

50K views 382 replies 92 participants last post by  60fthnter 
#1 ·
Ok after a shit ton of research on here i thought it'd be cool to build a turbo car. So over the last few months i put this together.

72 Chevelle
SBC 355
Turbo 350
Fab 9" rear with 35 spline axles, 3.70 gear spool
295/65/15 MT ET street Radials
3800 stall Nitrous converter
355 SBC Vic JR., intake NOS Cheater kit,
CSU 750 E85 Blow thru Carb
S400 75mm turbo with 96mm turbine wheel 1.32 AR
Non intercooled
2- 38mm turbonetics wastegates
5" Downpipe
-10 drain
2,5" stainless crossover with no flex, SSautochrome CHINA headers fitted with v band flanges
Dart Pro 1 200cc aluminum heads
9.5-1 Speed Pro forged pistons
Crower sportman forged rods
4 bolt block

See less See more
#3 ·

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

I took a short cut on the down pipe, the section where i wanted to put the down pipe is too tight and i dont want to take the hammer to it just yet. Jeremy said he has access to a porta power so its still an option, i just dont wanna clearance it with a hammer, id rather have it look nice.
I wanna get this thing on the road as soon as i can to see how well that carb works so i can give myself as much time as possible to dial it in. I expect alot of tuning :(
if i decide to keep the downpipe where its at i'll just chop up another 90 and shoot it right out the front fender and put a nice trim ring around it. Either way its gonna be loud so i dont think it'll matter much :dunno:

#5 ·
Update:

Put everything together this weekend, tied up all the loose ends. sealed up the headers

and hotside with ultra copper rtv, plumbed the wastegates, polished the compressor

housing, had a chunk of 3.5" tubing welded onto the carb hat, put a oil fill cap and some

bungs in the valve covers for the -12 lines that go to the catch cans(the imaginary

catch cans i havent made yet). Welded in an o2 bung for the wideband. hooked up the

nitrous, wired up the alternator, installed new manual steering box and single adjustable

Qa1 shocks up front, cleaned up some of my wiring, figured out the size of belt i needed

for my new alt setup.Re-routed my plug wires so they go under the headers and installed

some plug boots so they have a chance of NOT burning up (hopefully).

I'm gonna start this thing tomorrow. Topped it off with E85 and fresh fluids, double

checked everything. So far everything looks good. The only thing not completely hooked

up is the BTM and my catch cans. I'll load up some pictures in a bit.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?action=reporttm;topic=149572.4;msg=1492719Update:

Put everything together this weekend, tied up all the loose ends. sealed up the headers

and hotside with ultra copper rtv, plumbed the wastegates, polished the compressor

housing, had a chunk of 3.5" tubing welded onto the carb hat, put a oil fill cap and some

bungs in the valve covers for the -12 lines that go to the catch cans(the imaginary

catch cans i havent made yet). Welded in an o2 bung for the wideband. hooked up the

nitrous, wired up the alternator, installed new manual steering box and single adjustable

Qa1 shocks up front, cleaned up some of my wiring, figured out the size of belt i needed

for my new alt setup.Re-routed my plug wires so they go under the headers and installed

I'm gonna start this thing tomorrow. Topped it off with E85 and fresh fluids, double

checked everything. So far everything looks good. The only thing not completely hooked

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?action=reporttm;topic=149572.4;msg=1492719Update:

#7 ·
And yes, those are band clamps on the carb hat.
the t bolt clamps i got from tnt were too small and i was hoping to drive it this weekend so i just grabbed them for the time being. Im gonna order up the correct size tbolt clamps tomorrow.

#14 ·
Thanks, So far polishing the compressor housing was the hardest part of the build. It took me 2 days and quite a bit of elbow grease. It wasn't really hard but definitely a pain in the ass, very tedious. I knocked down the casting with a 90 degree grinder with a green roloc disc, then started with 100 grit then 150, 220, 240(wet), 400(wet),800(wet), 1200 (wet), then 2000(wet).

after all that i used some of this http://www.californiacustom.com/purple_metal_polish.html

I think if i used some fine rubbing compounds i could get it a little shinier.:supz:

#17 ·
Very nice,, seem's like it run's good..... cant wait till i can get the 67 done.....

#20 ·
Carb is CSU and fuel system is A1000 with a stock sumped tank -8 feed -10 return and an aeromotive boost referenced pressure regulator

#21 ·
Great looking install man. It's awesome to see you put all the advice you were given to good use. You just don't know how many headaches you are gonna save yourself. Btw that converter seems damn tight. Is it stock?

#22 ·
Hey thanks a lot, I'm pretty excited to are what this thing will do.

The converter is a 3800 stall TCI super street fighter. I'm saving up for a new converter.

#23 ·
What was it going to before it pushed through the brakes?

#24 ·
I'm not sure, I didn't look. In the video when i power braked it went to 3000 right before it annihilated the tires lol

#25 ·
Update:

leaned out the carb a bunch and now im running at about 11.6 on the wideband at WOT, Pulls waay harder than before and its taking 15psi like a champ.......for now. LOL

#26 ·
Gas scale?

#32 ·
You might want to check the N/a section for the E85 tuning thread they have going on over there. Sullens posted up an afr table that references Lambbda/e85/gas scale numbers all together so you can compare. He also threw in hints about idle and part throttle cruise values etc etc. Pretty damn good reference material.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.