Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Muscle Car Graveyard

8K views 32 replies 28 participants last post by  71Monte 
#1 ·
#4 ·
these people are assholes who whored this stuff. they know it has value, but are not willing to give it up. im not a mopar guy buy i want one of those AAR's

#21 ·
these people are assholes who whored this stuff. they know it has value, but are not willing to give it up.
for sure..
I tried to buy a 66 Chevelle SS in Kentucky back in the late 70's..
guy had it sitting on blocks in the weeds..said he was gonna fix it up..
no drive train..only a body with slight surface rust on the top surfaces..
all interior..tach, clock, console(4-speed)..all glass was perfect..
I checked on it for a coupla years..
went back about 5 years later...
they musta needed the blocks..it was sitting on the ground and
had rotted out about a foot up into the doors and the quarters..
the guy said he was gonna fix it up..
LOL..LOL..LOL

people like that are total dumbasses..

#5 ·
WOW! Some of those pictures bring a tear to your eye. How about that Superbird out in the snow? Would make a terrible race car, but would still love to have one as a street car to screw around with. Thanks to Baret Jackson, most of us will never be able to touch any of these cars. They have the prices so inflated now the the people that have 75 Cordobas think they are worth a fortune.

OFF OF MY SOAP BOX NOW! Thanks..............I feel better now.

#7 ·
Does anybody remember that junkyard that was featured in some kind of hot rodding magazine probably around 2002? Not exactly sure what magazine it was. My dad used to have the magazine and we even went to the place and cant remember where it was at or what it was called. My dad would like to go back up there. It was full of old muscle cars and older cars as well.

#12 ·
That yard looks like the one near the PA and Ohio border in PA, The story behind his yard is that he worked at a large city owned impound lot and he bought all the good stuff. Although the yard in PA is well kept and all the cars still roll and are largely intact, its crazy to see 100's of musclecars just sitting in one place. Last time I went the guy showed us the "keepers" that he had stored in the garages/storage containers/semi trailers scattered on property, he insists that he is going to have an auction and sell everything.

#19 ·
My brother just bought a set of Granada front spindles/brakes for his Maverick from a guy on CraigsList. When he got there to pick them up, the guy had a yard with about a hundred 67-70 Mustangs and 68-69 Torinos. Mach 1s, GTs, all kinds of stuff. Don't know how old he is, but said he started accumulating them when he was 15 yrs old. Won't sell any of the cars. Absolutely refused.

#22 ·
another said story..buddy came across a 'true' 69 Z28 302 car..in Tennessee..
the body was sitting on the ground behind the house in the mud..
the doors were off sitting against the house..no drive train..
the old guy was using it for a dog house for his blue ticks..
he had them chained to the steering column...
kept bags of dogfood in the trunk...
wouldn't sell it..buddy even offerd to build him a doghouse if he'd sell it..
the guy said he was gonna fix it up..
..of course he never did..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.