Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Pitbull Attacks Child

7K views 89 replies 52 participants last post by  Mike in Motown 
#1 ·
Today’s Washington Post reports that a boy in a DC neighborhood was out riding a new bike that he received on Christmas. As he was riding through his neighborhood, he turned a corner and suddenly came upon three unattended pit bulls who proceeded to maul him. Fortunately for this 11-year old boy, a neighbor saw what was going on, ran into his house, got his handgun, and then returned and shot one of the pit bulls. A DC police officer, nearby on bicycle, heard the shot, got to the scene, and then shot the other two pit bulls.
The boy, unidentified by the newspaper, is traumatized. His uncle describes his injuries as “horrific” – all three pit bulls had their teeth clenched in the boy’s extremities just before the neighbor and officer shot them.
Is the unidentified neighbor hailed as a hero? No – just the opposite – he apparently needs a lawyer because he is reportedly under “investigation” for violating our capital city’s firearms laws! You see – he may have discharged his weapon beyond his property line. Talk about no good deed going unpunished.

#60 ·
i did then she brought her pit bull over so they can play this a true story but we cant forget what this topic is about 1 unfortinate kid 1 hero in my eyes 3 dogs that someone (asshole) used as a pecker extender and couldnt handle them and the owner again (asshole) should pay for all the kids bills and 1000's of hours of classes to properly take care of animals

i except guns i except pitbulls i except the resposability to have my dog put down if he ever did such a thing and pay the fines and do my time this was a bad day for everyone there sad to here:(

#67 · (Edited)
I would of shot the three dogs as fast as I could of gotten to my gun. There would not of been a voice in my head saying, "dont shoot them they're a misunderstood breed", it would of been more like, " save the kid and shoot the dogs!"

I own a pitbull.

#75 ·
Strait truth right there , they (dogs) were all bread for different purposes, some for sitting on your lap, some for chasing cattle, and some for just fucking shit up, I to, was attacked by a HUGE retired police dog, German shp, doing my paper route, lucky for me his owner was there to say the magic word. Still had to put the dog down after they found out it had rabies and then came the fun for me, a series of shots that were not fun. Fucking Dogs , thats why I have Fish and Reptiles!!!! :-KFCD

#77 ·
This is a great video , Lots of the haters should watch it and learn .
I have been around Pitbull dogs for 25 years plus and am still learning more from this video .
Thanks for posting it , BTW my Pitbull Storm is laying here beside me on her bed sleeping away .
A real killer dog

#79 ·
Hate those fucking dogs !! Period. I saw a young girl mauled in our neighborhood when I was a kid.

Don't know why the man upstairs created a pitbull.

Glad the dogs were shot. They should shoot the owner too. Idiots.

#80 ·
#81 ·
Video is flat fucking awesome!

Golden Retriever most likely to bite? Heresy!

We need to ban stupidity!

#82 ·
I have been a pitbull owner my entire life, and I own one now. They have been my family's dog of choice since they immigrated to this country, which is about 100 years. In my lifetime I have had to shoot one dog because of an "adverse" temperament. She had not bitten anyone, but we questioned her so she had to go. It was the RESPONSIBLE thing to do. If I was that guy I would have shot the dogs mauling the boy no matter what their breed was.
However, there have been NUMEROUS reports erroneously naming pitbulls as dogs that have attacked people, when in fact they were not. Most people cannot pick a real, purebred pitbull out of a lineup of similar bull, terrier, and mastiff type breeds. That's why I don't always believe the hype. If it was indeed "three pitbulls," then it's still terribly sad for the boy and his family, for the man facing charges for being a good samaritan, and for the breed as a whole.
Could you pick out a pitbull if you had to?
There's only one in this lineup:

one in this lineup:

and NONE in this...not even #3 or #7:

#87 ·
Unfortunately, you are addressing stupidity with logic. Good posts though.

#86 ·
Once again you prove that your avatar's implants have more intellect than you!

#90 ·
Did I hit a nerve? sorry. I'll bet you're the 'took too many beatings in,,,,,," nevermind.

OBTW, quit staring at those puppies!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.