Yellow Bullet Forums banner

2013 LS Fest talk

27K views 287 replies 79 participants last post by  427 
#1 ·
Counting down 4 weeks left. Who is planning to go? Who is thrashing to get ready?

I'm planning to participate this year. Probably just run my '69 Nova in True Street 10.00 since I don't have a 8.50 cage certification yet. I have just a short list to knock out over the next 4 weeks:
  • fix one turn signal light
  • add a horn
  • add a radiator catch can
  • re-wire the neutral safety switch
  • modify the driveshaft loop and re-install
  • add metal valve stems to front tires
  • replace safety harness

It would be much more fun to turn up the boost and run all out, but I don't have the time/funds to upgrade the cage this year. At least it will be a good introduction to LS Fest and ¼ mile passes for me (only have 1/8 mile around me in North Alabama).
I'll be looking for some of the YB regulars, and holler if you see me in the yellow '69 Nova.
Clyde

See less See more
#153 ·
I've made 4 updates to the Roll Call List:

PRO LSX
Tom Kempf/ Stenod
Dave Adkins/ Baker Engineering
Rodney Massengale/ RPM - Not sure he's making passes in it
Gerald Bunce/ Proline - Car cannot make it, crashed recently
Keith Berry said he's not racing anywhere that weekend

DRAG RADIAL
Mike Brown/ Ohio Boys
Mark Koehler/ Ohio Boys
Mark Carlyle/ IPS
Andy Essary/ Speed Inc.
Mike Meeks
Joe DeDona
Mike Rimar?
Eddie Krawiec? Is this car done?
Steven Fereday, Josh said they can't make it

SYF
Ray Litz
Mike Meeks
Brian Black
Steve Hopkins
Anthony Manna
Ted Slusarczyk
Mark Mathews told me he won't make it, I heard he's waiting on parts

ALL MOTOR
Mr. Robert Strong, 1988 Monte Carlo
Judson Massengale, 1999 Camaro
Danny Nicely, 1999 C5
Joe Huneycutt, 1999 Camaro
Greg Delaney, 2010 Camaro
Don Baskin, 1966 Chevy II
Jon Moyer? (if he gets his trans back in time... GOOD LUCK JBM!!!)
Ron Mowen, won't make it motor not done in time

REAL STREET
Charlie Polly/ White Camaro
Rodney Massengale/ Red C5Z
Paul Falcon (now turbo)/ White Firehawk
Ted Timmerman/ Yellow CE TA Vert
Adam Preston/ Blue-Yellow Camaro
Justin May/ Red third gen Firebird
Jay McCardle/ Blue C5
Louis Fillipides/ARH/ Farks maroon 5th Gen
Ray Bulach
George Toll, TransAm (black)
Ron Belcher, C6 (RPM maroon car)
Jesse Coulter, 1991 Camaro (red)
Baskin TransAm not coming, have not shaked it down yet)
Kevin Roundsavall?
Josh Perrymon (sounds like he's bringing car not sure if he's gonna make full-out passes?)
LPE - Not racing this year, program cut I hear
James Rowlett, racing in index

#157 ·
Plan is to bring my Real Street car and get cage certified. If the radiator gets here I plan on shaking it down and getting my NHRA license. Still have a lot of testing to do before we can run a number. but 100% absolutely sure we will be at the shootout and ready to rumble.

I have a TON of nice LS parts I need to bring and sell also. Is there another "swap meet" thread?

#159 ·
We are preregistered now and heading out tomorrow afternoon

#160 ·
A few thoughts on Pro... This is the first year of running a class like this. A few years ago having a 6 and 7 second field for Drag Radial was unheard of, but that's exactly what happened at Indy last year.

When it comes to all out cars that we are calling Pro, there are a handful:

Andreas Arthurson, Monte Carlo
Tom Kempf, Firebird
Dave Adkins, Impala
Rodney Massengale, Cavalier
Gerald Bunce, Corvette C6
Keith Berry Corvette C5

Andreas, Tom, Keith, and Dave have all run 4.2 - 4.3's, none of the other cars have. The Bunce car is new and I don't know what it's run best. Rodney has no passes on the Cavvy.

Now some of the 315 and 29.5 guys have run 4.5's and 4.6's... And there are a few of those.

Mike Brown, TransAm
Mark Koehler, Firebird
Mark Carlyle, Corvette C6
Steven Fereday, TransAm

Maybe we'll see some folks ask to run both, we'll see.

And there are some strong combos out there that might show and are aware of the race that race on 10.5's like Ted S and others. Phil in MD is aware of the race and I think he's lighter and running M1 now, but I have not heard from him so I assume he's not coming.

Just putting it all out there.

Let's encourage the attendees for this new class, this will be the first time ever we'll see a class that could be as quick as this for LS cars. I'm pretty excited. :)

#164 ·
We are excited to be part of the first ever pro extreme LS race
Hopefully this class will showcase the capability our hard work with this
LS platform and what it's truly capable of achieving.
Our car is ET up to run 1/4 mile but we are happy to run 1/8 mile for this event
Since this is how it was set up.

#169 ·
All that is left for tonight is bolt the M/T radials back on and wash the car. Probably should drive it around and "season" the new wrap on the downpipes before I get to the track and embarrass myself with the smoke. Finished that wrap last night after midnight.

#171 ·
I plan on running my formula in True Street... question I have is all the front tires I have for the car are some M/T ET Fronts which I believe are not DOT approved. Rears are a M/T ET Street Radial however. Will this be a fuss?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.