Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Big block Fairmont?

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  da kid 
#1 ·
I've seen a lot of bad ass Fairmonts here, and really like the unassuming sleeper aspect of them.
But I dont recall seeing one with a 429/460 in it. I think it can be done, since BB mustangs are everywhere. If you've done one or have pics, post em up. If there is a reason why it cant or should'nt be done, fill me in.

#7 ·
it is not a pontiac headed chevy. it is a true pontiac.
as for the BBF question. EVERYTHING that fits in a fox body mustang will fit in a fairmont except for the driveshaft and the anti roll bar kits.
as long as you are willing to remove the valve covers to change plugs, an "A" head will work in the engine compartment without any alterations to the shock towers.

#6 ·
Theres a guy here in Chicago with a very large Ford motor. I cant recall his name but I saw him at Byron. His car is purple and pink. Very pretty.Maybe somebody will chime in. I dont know how they got it in there but its in there. It looks like you have to pull the motor to do the plugs.

#9 ·
Feel free to pm me with any questions.
We have the A460 headed X275 car that was on the bumper friday at No Mercy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.