Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Fuel Altered Match Race! Johnny Rotten v.s. Rob Bruce (Zombie)

4K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Jeff Clark 
#1 ·
When we last saw Johnny Rotten he was Victorious in his match race with the Mike Burkhart Doran 69 Camaro Funny car owned and driven by Steve Timoszyk. The next call came from current IHRA Funny car driver Rob Bruce. Rob put an altered body on his Funny car and loaded her up with 90% nitro. When they launched, Rob left early and the track couldn't hold the tune up. Rob's car jumped into the air, and I got this killer shot. Johhny Rotten was on and off the gas twice and still went 6.86 at 203 in an friggen altered. This was his first run over 200 mph. It was so much fun! I can't wait for the next guy to call out Johhny! He's 2 and 0. What these guys did was awesome. You never know what you're going to see next at Milan Dragway.
Mike TPG

See less See more
#12 ·
I Love WATCHING Fuel Altered's because you never know what they are going to do. For me they will always be a spectators sport.

Great Pics! Thanks for Sharing!

#16 ·
does rob still mess with the pontiac stuff or he finally get rid of all that?

#19 ·
Thank you Mike for the always kick ass pictures and the killer intro,sounds good to me.
Rob still has Pontiac bodys on the funnycar,both old and new,but he runs a Keith black hemi now. He has had some of the baddest ass pontiacs in the world and i believe he is going to re-create the original straight front axle gto on nitro. Rob is one bad ass dude when it comes down to goin relly fast,he is the SHIT. We got lucky only cause he was makin way to much power for the track on sunday........
Baldy,you gotta make a trip with us now we got this hot rod running halfway good.Its such a different deal than drag radial,you would freak out at some of the things that go on.
I hate to say the season is over now,BUT next year is giong to be great for sure.Thanks for all the kind responces. Johnny Rotten

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.