Yellow Bullet Forums banner

g body, anti roll bars pics???

11K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  onefastermonte85 
#1 ·
Anyone have some pics of their anti roll bars?
I want to see if i had mine mounted in the appropriate place.
The one side broke off and i have to cut it out and put a new one in.
Thanks
heres a pic of where it broke

See less See more
#6 ·
i was thinking i could until i looked at the tube, the back half is missing a section. Must of broke off and that piece of metal fell off. I was thinking of just cutting that area off pulling out the inner framing of it Grind that bad area all down, put a new piece of metal onto the framing and mount it back up. Its tough to write what i'm thinking but i think it could work.

#8 ·
Mine is welded on the ends then a stub off the frame to it in the middle to keep it from twisting.

I would have to ask what the hell is flexing there with the strap you have also welded to it the ARB is not a brace

#10 ·
I got one of these:

#15 ·
It's an HRParts N' Stuff anti-roll. Never had a clearance problem with it. it looks lower than it actually is. I can still get a floor jack under it. It's gone 9.23 so far launching dead-level.

As far as how low he car sits, here are a few pics with a 295 DR:

#24 ·
I cut off the broken portion last night and took the anti roll bar assembly out.
All I really need is a new end tube/bearing and I can weld it back in. I was thinking of adding tubes as a gusset to strengthen the area or is this a stupid idea?
Also I think my rear end broke (posi unit). i posted in the rear end forum about this issue.. need to determine what to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.