Yellow Bullet Forums banner

RIP Ammo

11K views 67 replies 31 participants last post by  jnv255 
#1 ·
#6 ·
If you want some really good stuff. Find Aquila IQ. If you can. The government banned it about a year after it hit the market. You can find it every now and then for 80.00 per 20.

#10 · (Edited)
(QUOTE)They call it the R.I.P. round and with good reason. G2 Research has released a new ammo that is taking the market by storm and has gun owners all over the country trying to find where to pick some up.
As of now, the company is only releasing specifications for their 9mm round and they go a lil’ something like this:
* 16″ Penetration
* Up to 6″ diameter spread
* 96 gr projectile
* 2″ grouping at 25 yrds
* 1265 FPS / 490 Muzzle Energy
* 9 Separate Wound Channels
* Precision Machined
* Solid Copper / Lead Free
* Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing

Looks bad ass for sure.......

#50 ·
(QUOTE)They call it the R.I.P. round and with good reason. G2 Research has released a new ammo that is taking the market by storm and has gun owners all over the country trying to find where to pick some up.
As of now, the company is only releasing specifications for their 9mm round and they go a lil’ something like this:
* 16″ Penetration
* Up to 6″ diameter spread
* 96 gr projectile
* 2″ grouping at 25 yrds
* 1265 FPS / 490 Muzzle Energy
* 9 Separate Wound Channels
* Precision Machined
* Solid Copper / Lead Free
* Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock, windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing

Looks bad ass for sure.......

The bold items are what has just eliminated this round from any practical defense use other than total shtf combat. I use a round that is least likely to over penetrate the intended target, accurate, and can be stopped by an exterior wall. I also require a predictable spread pattern instead of random shrapnel moving away from the projectile. If I wanted multiple wound channels I would grab my 12ga.

Unlike some of these idiots I pay attention to everything beyond my target as well.

#11 ·
I'll stick with my golden sabers. They work and have been around a long time. I feel sorry for the guy that's the first one involved in a SD shooting. The lawyers are going to love him.

#13 ·
That's something I was wondering too. Should function great in a 9mm AR........... (At least for the first round)

My other question is what does a box of this stuff cost? It can't be cheap to CNC an all copper projectile.

#15 ·
"Lets make it look like a grenade with a breecher front on it." I'm wondering if alcohol was involved in the design. Looks like another marketing genius is about to strike it rich.

#17 ·
I was entertained by some of the responses.....but many good points were brought up.
I think it's excessively priced personally.....I'd be worried about the DA's around Chicago.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8560041443

Wild claims of efficacy? Check.
Ridiculous, "evil"-looking bullet design? Check.
Impressively high price tag? Check.
Overly dramatic promo material chock full of over-the-top mall ninjas? Check.

#18 ·
Looks bad ass but I think regular ammo will get them job done just fine.

#24 ·
Those would stop the threat nicely. And SIGforum is a bunch of whiney, posers, who ball-hug some guy who thinks he's a bird.

With all the lead being eliminated from the ammo industry, more ammo will look and work like this. Irony.

#26 ·
So, nobody has a line on this ammo?

In my home I have a few self defense weapons, my favorite being my .44 mag and my samurai sword. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest my sword would cause more damage than this ammo could. ;)
Is it a standard issue Samurai or an assault Samurai?. :p

"Honest officer, I was just dicing up some potato's, in walks that guy and his head fell off....totally crazy".

Oh, and no, I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

#33 ·
I wanna live in a armed confrontation.
I want to avoid an armed confrontation at all costs. Sorry, but I have been there, I have seen combat. I never want to live that again. If I have to go through armed conflict again please kill me the day before. Now just because I want to avoid it, understand I will become violent enough fast enough, should the needs arise. But I will do everything absolutely posable to avoid it altogether.

#32 ·
100% agreed sigman. Do you have any doubt as to whether the proven hollow point defense rounds available would keep you alive?

My other concern about a round like this, how many can I(or any person on a reasonable budget) put down the barrel of my gun to ensure it's reliable? At $4 a pull I wouldn't be able to afford to properly vet the ammo in my gun. I have yet to find anything my M&P won't eat up, but it's a concern none the less. I've got a few hundred rounds of my carry round down the barrel without a single hitch. I couldn't afford to blow through 200-300 rounds of this stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.