Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Norwalk 2010 Chaos Rules

38K views 711 replies 56 participants last post by  denn468 
#1 ·
Anybody talk to Bader on changes? Lots of discussions and planned meetings, but since the last race was washed/frozen out whats happening? Need some changes to keep this heads up program going. I've emailed the track but have heard zilch.

#6 ·
I don't want to see rules without input that will result in more of the same low car count fields, that's why after all the talk all year what is being communicated to Bader? Has anything been presented for Nowalk to consider? What happened to the commitees and letters?

#12 ·
When I talked to Bader about SA he said the sponsor was secured on a multi-year deal. So I'd bet the class is there next year.

#11 ·
Bingo!!! We've got the winner. Bader doesn't quite "grasp" Heads up racing, until he looks at working his rules to mirror the successful tracks' rules (Milan for heads up & Englishtown, Atco, Cecil or MIR for a 8.50 index, if its even needed), you will continue to have what has been.

#15 ·
some people dont get how competition works wes. they feel they need to step the program down because they cant compete. the only rule that needs attention is the frame notching. if not either try to cover up the notch or try to run a smaller rim. at the end of the year they had some really close times.

#18 ·
For crying out phucking loud it's god damn Index Class, open the phucking rules and you'll get cars, you know how many big tired cars out there that are street legal and can run the times! Oh and I ain't scared of Ass Moore for the record, he's a damn good racer, my only problem with Moore is that when he had a problem with us he whined to the Tech guys rather than coming to the source.

#37 ·
Ok, the fact they are in the rules is great. How about the notched frame rails and the big tires Tom mentioned?
What big tires? size? They let a car run in drag radial with 12.50x15 DOT bias M&H.

I ask the tech guy to check our car for SA, it was a back half, and the only thing he called out was the seats were not stock. Which is another senseless rule.

#45 ·
Look at the car count at the Shakedown Index class. Goes to show what the right rules will do for a car count!

Sunday Morning Update
Good Morning from Englishtown! Today's weather looks to be a very nice day with the temperature in the mid 60's. Shakedown continues today with eliminations. Yesterday's qualifying had a few oil downs that cut the qualifying to only two qualifying hits.

Outlaw Drag Radial has Dave Hance in the #1 spot with a 7.103 @217.88. Whoever gets the low ET in Drag Radial will walk away with another 10K. Dave Hance, Alex Vrettos, Paul Major, and Big Daddy put up $2500 each towards the low E.T.

Outlaw 10.5 Tim Lynch and Chuck Ulsch are very close in there qualifying efforts with a 6.400 and 6.415 respectively. Ulsch had a 6.40 bracket car yesterday and also taking top MPH with a 227.38. Jerry Mitrovic from Toronto Canada layed down a 6.519 to take the third spot. I'll have to swing by Brad Brand's pit to see if he will be out for eliminations today after he went into the sand trap last night in the last qualifier. He would be the #4 qualifier with a 6.547 @219.

Heavy Street saw 34 cars trying to get into the field of 32 and Gary Naughton taking the top spot with a 6.806 at 212.79.

Pro Outlaw Nitrous has a field of 15 and surprisingly Jim Halsey is #15. Steve Cossis in his 67 Camaro has the top spot at 6.232 at 225.

In the Outlaw 1/8 Challenge we have six cars competing for the Shakedown title in the first year of the Outlaw 1/8 mile Challenge sponsored by Barwa. Mike Janis is atop the field with a 3.826 at 192 MPH.

Pro Outlaw Blown sees Mr. Pontieri sitting atop the ladder with a 5.906 at 245.14. We have a full field of 16 ready to do battle today.

In Shakedown's largest class Outlaw 8.50 we saw 64 cars trying to qualify yesterday for the 32 car ladder. Mark Bowen from Stratford NJ has the top spot with an 8.504 at 154.

#46 ·
28x10.5 slick
you ever notice -you bitches always want what you cant have why are you wanting the 28 over the 29.5 because you want your rules - the rules state 29.5 x 10.5 so i go out and spend $500 on new tires now you bitches want a 28 tall tire - if that happen FUCK you PEOPLE -

i am and will not run the class if that happens,and so many others wont as well

TO MANY FUCKING RULES - AND PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO MAKE THEM FOR THEM SELVES

#51 ·
Jay Trisell and I had a meeting with Mr Bader on Friday about the 2010 rules and I told Bill I felt the whole rear frame deal needed to be gone in the SA class. Make it about the tire and who cares about the rear suspension or frame rails. Bill seems to understand the point I was trying to get across and I think it will be different in 2010 and we should have all rules out before 12-11-2009 which will be the start of PRI. I can also say that there will be more news regarding other important things for each class that will make the series better for everyone.

#52 ·
thanks for the work bill! sounds good on the frame rails keep it a 10.5 w that is only 10.8 tread width on 31x10.5w and it will work for myself and alot more cars! but what ever they come up with there should be more cars and a tighter field! thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.