Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Renegade Race fuel

39K views 62 replies 29 participants last post by  Pooch565 
#1 ·
Anyone using 114-116 octane Renegade fuel?
How does it compare to others?
I've run alittle of it all but I couldn't tell ya any differences especially when it comes down the the specifics...

#2 ·
I took all of Renegades fuels to the lab to test with me. Everything came out where it should of. The Vapor #'s where a little higher than they say. (aboout 1/2 point off or so) SG #'s were close

and motor octane looked great. On their 118, it came out to 120.1MON

We have started to test with their fuels in our cars and we will have a better idea later on.

#3 ·
I have several friends who are selling/running the Renegade 112 blue. They ran it all last year and they like it but they sell it soooooo.......LOL. Any idea if it is decent stuff? I can't get any decent price on Sunoco and Torco is gone. Any help is appreciated since I need fuel in the next week. RM

#4 ·
Will they allow you to just test and try? It's as close to Torco's fuels as possible. Im not allowed to say but there is some history behind Renegades blends(blender) and Torco's old product.

I would give it a shot.

However if your going all out, you mine as well just spend the money and run C12. Its more money but has proven itself over and over again.

#5 ·
I read the Renegade website info and see the Torco connection. I index race and bracket race so no max effort here. I have installed a difuser plate this year but even that is just a small tune up for a short shot to be able to get 1/10 in the heat of summer. I think I'll get 10 gallons and try it. Thanks, RM

#8 ·
Thanks TOPLESS that is what I was hoping to find. I got a little more compression but the 112 should be good for me too. I got about 10 gallons of Torco left to go test with tomorrow then I am out of gas......LOL. RM

#9 ·
Thanks for the replies guys...
Maybe some more will chime in....
Im probably gonna go ahead and order a drum of the 116 and run it.
I index race too so it's not no biggie...
Just need a good fuel and wanted to know the comparison to the C16 fuel... any ideas?

#10 ·
Thanks for the replies guys...
Maybe some more will chime in....
Im probably gonna go ahead and order a drum of the 116 and run it.
I index race too so it's not no biggie...
Just need a good fuel and wanted to know the comparison to the C16 fuel... any ideas?
for comparison, go with the 118 instead. The 118 has a little more Motor octane than C16 and the numbers are closer than renegades 116 is. Atleast thats what we got from our tests.

That is if you need a fuel very close to C16.

I've got a lot of customers trying my Renegade fuels and liking them. They smell better than Torco's fuel. And seem to be a good cheap alternitive. I will get back when we have some of the bigger cars on them.

#13 ·
What octane would some of you run w/ a conventional headed 14.5 to 1 compression 565 BBC w/ a few kits flowing?
For sh!ts and giggles lets say 500-600 shot..
What would yall run?

#16 ·
Just how much Nitrous do you think the 116 can support?

#18 ·
I have a 429 SBC with 14.8:1 compression, think I would be okay running Renegade 116 this a completely new combo for me this year and gods know I don't want to hurt anything, anyone have any info.? Thanks for your help.
Craig

#21 ·
I have run Torco, Renegade and VP and just picked up my drum of Renegade 116 on Saturday - By far the motor on octane #'s are the best - - VP is local to me and I still wont run VP compared to Renegade. The cost savings is incredible too. If anyone is local to Delaware I can tell you about a new Dealer for Renegade fuel. I also have just purchased their synthethic oil to run which is got some outstanding specs also. I have personally dealt with Toby from Renegade and he's a first rate person and stand up guy!
Patty

#30 ·
I'll give my experience. I have run VP C-16 forever with 0 problems. Right before YB nats I was out and for whatever reason got 15 gallons of Renegade 116 from my chassy guy. He had been after me to try it for a long time so I said what the hell right.....After 2-3 hits I noticed the car was smoking VERY bad out of the breather caps and it just got worse and worse over the course of the weekend. Got home and did a leakdown. On 5 holes the needle never moved the cyl were leaking so bad.........

Took the engine to Bennetts and 5 pistons were melted.....talk about an expensive lesson. I was not even running the car hard either...28lbs boost and maybe 20 degrees at about 11.2-3 a/f. Obviously I swapped back to VP and 50 passes later no problems.

Renegade might be great for N/A applications and other lower hp forced induction cars but I promise it wont work in mine!!!!!!!

#35 ·
I'll give my experience. I have run VP C-16 forever with 0 problems. Right before YB nats I was out and for whatever reason got 15 gallons of Renegade 116 from my chassy guy. He had been after me to try it for a long time so I said what the hell right.....After 2-3 hits I noticed the car was smoking VERY bad out of the breather caps and it just got worse and worse over the course of the weekend. Got home and did a leakdown. On 5 holes the needle never moved the cyl were leaking so bad.........

Took the engine to Bennetts and 5 pistons were melted.....talk about an expensive lesson. I was not even running the car hard either...28lbs boost and maybe 20 degrees at about 11.2-3 a/f. Obviously I swapped back to VP and 50 passes later no problems.

Renegade might be great for N/A applications and other lower hp forced induction cars but I promise it wont work in mine!!!!!!!
should have used 118. sorry to hear that.

#32 ·
I ran the 118 all last year in my 582 nos engine and had no problems with it,i plan on getting another 55 gals soon to start the year out..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.